Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Steelers preparing for a big trade up in the draft?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Are the Steelers preparing for a big trade up in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    With the 20th pick in the 1st round of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Linebacker, Police Academy

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Non call since Brady was throwing to him.
    "There is no penalty on the play"

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert plans big things with draft 'ammunition'

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

PHOENIX -- Kevin Colbert sat in the corner of the Arizona Biltmore on a perfect March day and might as well have been on the clock.

His eagerness for the NFL draft was unmistakable.

The departures of Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell, coupled with the Pittsburgh Steelers' first playoff miss since 2013, places Colbert squarely in the spotlight.

The man armed with 10 draft picks doesn't seem to mind at all. The Steelers appear open for business.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...aft-ammunition

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Steelers GM Kevin Colbert plans big things with draft 'ammunition'

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

PHOENIX -- Kevin Colbert sat in the corner of the Arizona Biltmore on a perfect March day and might as well have been on the clock.

His eagerness for the NFL draft was unmistakable.

The departures of Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell, coupled with the Pittsburgh Steelers' first playoff miss since 2013, places Colbert squarely in the spotlight.

The man armed with 10 draft picks doesn't seem to mind at all. The Steelers appear open for business.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...aft-ammunition
    I expect a trade or two. Not sure it happens round one but I can't see them drafting 10 rookies.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    "There is no penalty on the play"
    I don’t know, taking off your helmet’s a penalty, the second guy took off his shirt.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Trade up for Hockensen and run some double TE with him and McDonald

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I'd pass on both Devin's and any WR that has the tendency to drop footballs.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I think the Falcons could be a good landing spot if the Steelers considered a 1st round move up. Falcons need line help both O and D, and this 1st round is pretty good in dline depth.
    The move from 20 to 14 costs @ a 250 value (basically our early 3rd rounder) and gets you in front of teams like Washington, Carolina and Tennessee.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers move up

by Cody Benjamin
    CBS Sports Writer

The 2019 NFL Draft is just four weeks away, and we're not much closer to figuring out whether the Arizona Cardinals, holders of the prized No. 1 pick, truly covet Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray more than their current quarterback Josh Rosen.

But in the wake of reports about other teams expressing interest in Rosen, who went 10th overall in 2018's draft, we've got a handful of splashy moves in this particular mock draft, including a trade of Rosen himself. From deals involving the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots to big QB decisions by both the Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins, there's no shortage of possibilities to consider:

to read rest of article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ld-mccoy-deal/

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers move up

by Cody Benjamin
    CBS Sports Writer

The 2019 NFL Draft is just four weeks away, and we're not much closer to figuring out whether the Arizona Cardinals, holders of the prized No. 1 pick, truly covet Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray more than their current quarterback Josh Rosen.

But in the wake of reports about other teams expressing interest in Rosen, who went 10th overall in 2018's draft, we've got a handful of splashy moves in this particular mock draft, including a trade of Rosen himself. From deals involving the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots to big QB decisions by both the Miami Dolphins and Washington Redskins, there's no shortage of possibilities to consider:

to read rest of article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ld-mccoy-deal/
    Both Devin's will be gone by 15. I read White will be taken by TB @ 5. I just can't see moving up for Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Both Devin's will be gone by 15. I read White will be taken by TB @ 5. I just can't see moving up for Bush.
    Devin White visiting Bucs, Giants, Bengals

Posted by Charean Williams on March 31, 2019

LSU linebacker Devin White said Sunday he has upcoming visits with the Buccaneers, Giants and Bengals, Amir Just of The Times-Picayune reports.

The Bengals might have to move up from No. 11 if they hope to draft White. The Bucs select fifth and the Giants sixth.

White said after his Pro Day that he was “trying to go top five.” He is a popular mock draft pick for the Bucs.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ry/rumor-mill/

I hope you people are ready for Chase Winovich at #20.

Because unless they changed their approach and we haven't heard anything, he fits their history of drafting players in round one.

Sent the house to UM and had dinner with Chase, same thing they did with Edmunds, Watt, Dupree.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There will obviously be some sort of move up at some point. They aren’t going to select 10 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Because unless they changed their approach and we haven't heard anything, he fits their history of drafting players in round one.

Sent the house to UM and had dinner with Chase, same thing they did with Edmunds, Watt, Dupree.

If they're looking at edge players, there is a chance that better edge players than Winovich will be available at #20.

I don't hate the kid. I actually like him as a player. I just think #20 is too high for him.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Ugh

Alas, I’ve got that same feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    If they're looking at edge players, there is a chance that better edge players than Winovich will be available at #20.

I don't hate the kid. I actually like him as a player. I just think #20 is too high for him.
    Exactly

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is that just for the Big 10?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

they have " ANY " in caps so assuming they mean entire draft .... but I still have a 2nd round grade on him and depending on his medicals ( thumb ) could slip a bit ... but on draft day only takes 1 team to fall in love

this is also an interesting piece of information for comparisons as to whom you could be getting in a guy like Winovich

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

they have " ANY " in caps so assuming they mean entire draft .... but I still have a 2nd round grade on him and depending on his medicals ( thumb ) could slip a bit ... but on draft day only takes 1 team to fall in love
    The quote says it is for the whole draft, but the graphic says for the Big 10, so I think that it is the Big 10. I'm sure someone on the edge played better than Van Ginkel.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I just don’t get the hype. Looking at his games I don’t see anything better than Chickillo honestly. Great motor and all he lacks contain, is almost always a step or 2 late at the QB, gets ran up the arc, and loses track of the football on nearly every down. I still need to see anything that sells Winovich as a top 20 pick. I see a 3rd/4th round guy at best.

Winovich will be 24 years old by the time of the draft, the Steelers like their first rounders younger.

munchy

im not going to be real happy if they give up more than a 4th rounder to move up in the first.............
    there will be plenty of talent available at the 20 spot

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

There may be a small chance that the existence of Devin Bush had a little to do with the # of representatives they sent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    im not going to be real happy if they give up more than a 4th rounder to move up in the first.............
    there will be plenty of talent available at the 20 spot
    That would move them up 2 spots to #18 at most. Not sure that is gonna be on the table. Unless someone they are trading with just absolutely throws the trade value chart out the window in order to grab the #20 pick in the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    we can move up two spots to #18 by offering our 4th rounder.

When it comes to Winovich, I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Me personally I think there is a good chance Bush is there at #20. The one team that is talked about taking Bush is Cincinnati and I'm not sure they go that way. Yes they have a hole at LB but they just hired an offensive minded head coach, so they may go offense. Won't be shocking if they go QB tbh. Dalton needs a new contract and I have not read any reports that they want to extend him. They also were interested in taking Rudolph last year before the Steelers jumped in front of them.

I have Winovich as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick. He's one hell of a player that is very similar to Watt coming out of Wisconsin. I am hoping that they can somehow luck into both of these players in the first two rounds. Would be a huge win for the Steelers.

we can move up two spots to #18 by offering our 4th rounder.
    I wish we had moved up two spots in the 2007 draft. Can you imagine that 2008 defense with Darrelle Revis at CB!?!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I wish we had moved up two spots in the 2007 draft. Can you imagine that 2008 defense with Darrelle Revis at CB!?!
    Refs would have thrown a PI flag on Revis every time Flacco & Brady went deep on the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

this is also an interesting piece of information for comparisons as to whom you could be getting in a guy like Winovich

The player right under Winovich on your list may drop right to them at #20 because of the reported heart issue.

He's not too bad.....