Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Steelers preparing for a big trade up in the draft?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Are the Steelers preparing for a big trade up in the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Another day, another few tweets about Winovich at 20. Ugh.

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

I have a great idea. Let's have a kick in the nuts contest!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    After how many vodkas?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I have a great idea. Let's have a kick in the nuts contest!
    I like money.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Another day, another few tweets about Winovich at 20. Ugh.
    So far that's looking like a possibility. Reminds me of Watt coming out of Wisconsin.

6.9 seconds in the 3 cone drill. 1.55 10 yard split(tied with Bosa for 3rd at the combine) 4.6 forty, non stop motor.

The sent the house to Michigan and had dinner with him. Don't be surprised people.

Edit: but more pro days are ahead.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    So far that's looking like a possibility. Reminds me of Watt coming out of Wisconsin.

6.9 seconds in the 3 cone drill. 1.55 10 yard split(tied with Bosa for 3rd at the combine) 4.6 forty, non stop motor.

The sent the house to Michigan and had dinner with him. Don't be surprised people.
    2nd round perhaps, but I would be very surprised if we selected Winovich at #20.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    2nd round perhaps, but I would be very surprised if we selected Winovich at #20.
    I wouldn’t be surprised a bit. Edmunds last year proves they will reach. If the numbers say he’s another Watt he could very well be the pick at 20.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised a bit. Edmunds last year proves they will reach. If the numbers say he’s another Watt he could very well be the pick at 20.
    I think you should put Winovich as your 1st round selection in our Steelers Universe mock draft contest

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think you should put Winovich as your 1st round selection in our Steelers Universe mock draft contest
    Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. Not gonna doit.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. Not gonna doit.
    Rooney and Colbert are hooked on the name more than the player. Winovich, if that isn't a Pittsburgh name I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Rooney and Colbert are hooked on the name more than the player. Winovich, if that isn't a Pittsburgh name I don't know what is.
    I can honestly see Winovich being the 2nd round pick easily. Not the #20 overall. I can also see this being a smokescreen to try and hide the guy they actually want at #20. TJ Hockenson.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Reaching seems to have been a 1st round trend recently, though if he isn't raw and is high character it may not be too bad

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

agreed .... he could even linger to rd 3 with the thumb surgery ( depends on prognosis on return date I suppose )

- - - Updated - - -

one of my best friends as a kid was a Dukovich so yeah I can see it ( err hear it )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Reaching for Watt, successful.
    Reaching for Burns, not so much.
    Reaching for Edmunds, yet to be determined.
    Reaching for Winovich, I don't think so.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I can honestly see Winovich being the 2nd round pick easily. Not the #20 overall. I can also see this being a smokescreen to try and hide the guy they actually want at #20. TJ Hockenson.

I like this smoke screen.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Hockenson would be amazing but I'm starting to believe a offensive player is in play at #20.

Iowa State(Hakeem Butler) and Ole Miss(D.K. Metcalf and AJ Brown) pro days are coming up. Will be interesting to see if Tomlin and Colbert show up and take one of those receivers to dinner.

Hockenson would be amazing but I'm starting to believe a offensive player is in play at #20.

Iowa State(Hakeem Butler) and Ole Miss(D.K. Metcalf and AJ Brown) pro days are coming up. Will be interesting to see if Tomlin and Colbert show up and take one of those receivers to dinner.
    Agreed. Hopefully, the smoke screen is not showing any interest in Hockenson, then they take him. My gut feeling is Metcalf is going to be one of those players who is always injured.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I want Hockensen, if there's any TE in the draft that screams HEATH MILLER it's that guy

Agreed. Hopefully, the smoke screen is not showing any interest in Hockenson, then they take him. My gut feeling is Metcalf is going to be one of those players who is always injured.
    I'm feeling it could be Butler. 6'6" with 4.4 speed is incredible. Could be the next Plaxico. He would fit right in at that X receiver spot.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I'm feeling it could be Butler. 6'6" with 4.4 speed is incredible. Could be the next Plaxico. He would fit right in at that X receiver spot.

His ceiling is tremendous, but he has so much to improve upon and work on in his game. He's a terrible route runner, and he drops a ton of passes. His short-area quickness also isn't very good. He runs very basic routes , so he probably doesn't even understand a complete NFL route tree or how to execute. He has a lot to learn.

He does routinely make highlight reel worthy, incredible plays, and once he catches the ball he's an absolute beast.

I personally don't see him going #20 in the draft....but you never know.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Reaching for Watt, successful.
    Reaching for Burns, not so much.
    Reaching for Edmunds, yet to be determined.
    Reaching for Winovich, I don't think so.
    I don’t think Watts was a reach. Almost everyone was mocking him around where he went - either to the Packers or Steelers. As to reaching, I sure hope we don’t play that game this year. With the FA additions there’s no need to reach at a position of need.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    His ceiling is tremendous, but he has so much to improve upon and work on in his game. He's a terrible route runner, and he drops a ton of passes. His short-area quickness also isn't very good. He runs very basic routes , so he probably doesn't even understand a complete NFL route tree or how to execute. He has a lot to learn.

He does routinely make highlight reel worthy, incredible plays, and once he catches the ball he's an absolute beast.

I personally don't see him going #20 in the draft....but you never know.
    H route running definitively needs work(hands inconsistent also but improved in that area), but they need a WR that can go deep down field and make plays. He could be that guy.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

H route running definitively needs work(hands inconsistent also but improved in that area), but they need a WR that can go deep down field and make plays. He could be that guy.
    If there are 2-3 WRs they like at 20 and the rest of their board is gone, I could see them trading back 5-6 spots and picking up one of the WRs like Butler.

I don't draft any WR that has a catching issue.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I don't draft any WR that has a catching issue.
    I agree with that and hope they learned their lesson with Coates.

He's one of those guys with immense physical ability. You just hope he develops if he comes to Pittsburgh. If he does, he is a walking mismatch that can go over defenders to make catches and he breaks tackles and drags defenders like a TE after the catch.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If it is Winovich, I hope they wait until round 2.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

With the 20th pick in the 1st round of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Linebacker, Police Academy

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    With the 20th pick in the 1st round of the 2019 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Linebacker, Police Academy
    Definite holding by his teammate though.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Definite holding by his teammate though.
    Non call since Brady was throwing to him.