Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Send House To Michigan’s Pro Day

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Steelers Send House To Michigan’s Pro Day

If you were curious if the Pittsburgh Steelers had any interest in the top Michigan prospects, here’s your answer. A resounding yes. The team sent a big crew to the Wolverine’s Pro Day, including Kevin Colbert, Mike Tomlin, and Teryl Austin. Austin was hired this year to be an assistant secondary coach.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/03/st...igans-pro-day/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Steelers Send House To Michigan’s Pro Day

if he is there Devin Bush is absolutely the target in rd 1 IMO ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Could be targeting 2 Michigan LBs.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Rashaun Gary, Devin Bush, Chase Winovich, David Long (CB), Zach Gentry (TE), Karon Higdon (RB) are all players that could be considered at different points in the draft. Worthwhile sending in the big guns to the pro day.

The Teryl Austin attendance could be due to his Detroit Lions time and familiarity with players, or his DB coaching and having a look at David Long, or the fact he was a DC and could be another set of eyes on any of the devensive players.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Unless they move way up, they aren’t getting Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Rashaun Gary, Devin Bush, Chase Winovich, David Long (CB), Zach Gentry (TE), Karon Higdon (RB) are all players that could be considered at different points in the draft. Worthwhile sending in the big guns to the pro day.

The Teryl Austin attendance could be due to his Detroit Lions time and familiarity with players, or his DB coaching and having a look at David Long, or the fact he was a DC and could be another set of eyes on any of the devensive players.
    Every year I joke about having an “all (college)” draft, but really... I wouldn’t mind an “all Michigan” draft.

munchy

they are setting themselves up for a need draft for sure................watch them spend numerous picks to move up for bush

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Winovich is going to have thumb surgery. It was already known, but just wanted to post it for those who don't.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...thumb-surgery/

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I knew we needed a doctor to save us....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    if he is there Devin Bush is absolutely the target in rd 1 IMO ....
    Why not trade up with the extra picks.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    they are setting themselves up for a need draft for sure................watch them spend numerous picks to move up for bush
    And... if they do???

#sowhat

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    And... if they do???

#sowhat
    they will be missing out on a chance to fill several holes with those 4 early picks
    #duh

they will be missing out on a chance to fill several holes with those 4 early picks
    #duh
    20 and 83 to move up to 15

munchy

20 and 83 to move up to 15

that would be a reach and not BPA, like the steelers supposedly always do
    i havent seen a draft board that has him at 15 or above

Perfect... take him at 20, then.

And, I think most would disagree (that Bush wouldn’t be worthy of the 20th pick).

munchy

And, I think most would disagree (that Bush wouldn’t be worthy of the 20th pick).
    i would be good with staying at 20 and filling a need with bush................

- - - Updated - - -

i would be good with staying at 20 and filling a need with bush................

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

#duh
    I missed you, Crash.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    I missed you, Crash.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    i miss crash also. the guy was great entertainment

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Devin Bush is the ILB the Steelers would make a trade up for in this draft. If they do it for any player I think it will be for Bush or Hockenson. I think that may be a real goal heading into the draft.

Rashan Gary is too much of a 'tweener' to take as early as he will most likely go in this draft. Is he a OLB or a DE? I have read takes on both and seems more of a DE to me.

Zach Gentry is intriguing if we don't take Hockenson or go WR early. At 6'7" and with his pass catching ability he could be gone in the 2nd, or be there in the 4th due to lack of blocking technique and strength.

David Long is the mystery player. He projects mostly as a slot CB which is not really a need today. I think his lack of production in run support takes him off our board.

Chase Winovich is the LB you simply have to love. Somehow seems to always be in or near the tackle. He has that look of Clay Matthews coming out of college. I can see him being a draft target by the Steelers. Dinner before pro day plus meeting after pro day, definitely an interest there.

Karan Higdon doesn't bring much to the current RB stable, IMO. Not saying he isn't worthy of being picked in a later round but what does he do well?

Just my thoughts on the Michigan pro day visits. Apparently Olsavsky(sp) ran most of the defensive drills. Any further thoughts on any or all of these prospects?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Read better draft boards? Ive seen several have him go in the top 10.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Devin Bush is the ILB the Steelers would make a trade up for in this draft. If they do it for any player I think it will be for Bush or Hockenson. I think that may be a real goal heading into the draft.

Rashan Gary is too much of a 'tweener' to take as early as he will most likely go in this draft. Is he a OLB or a DE? I have read takes on both and seems more of a DE to me.

Zach Gentry is intriguing if we don't take Hockenson or go WR early. At 6'7" and with his pass catching ability he could be gone in the 2nd, or be there in the 4th due to lack of blocking technique and strength.

David Long is the mystery player. He projects mostly as a slot CB which is not really a need today. I think his lack of production in run support takes him off our board.

Chase Winovich is the LB you simply have to love. Somehow seems to always be in or near the tackle. He has that look of Clay Matthews coming out of college. I can see him being a draft target by the Steelers. Dinner before pro day plus meeting after pro day, definitely an interest there.

Karan Higdon doesn't bring much to the current RB stable, IMO. Not saying he isn't worthy of being picked in a later round but what does he do well?

Just my thoughts on the Michigan pro day visits. Apparently Olsavsky(sp) ran most of the defensive drills. Any further thoughts on any or all of these prospects?

nice evaluation. i agree with all of it except winovich.
    i know the steelers have gone away from drafting football players and have gone towards athletes lately. i know on paper winovich checks both boxes, football player and had a good combine, but for some reason i dont see him being an impact guy in the nfl. ive seen him plenty(on tv and in person) but just have a bad gut feeling. i hope i am wrong even if we dont draft him
    i wouldnt be mad tho as long as he wasnt taken in the first round

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Read better draft boards? Ive seen several have him go in the top 10.
    can you list those draft boards?
    im always looking to add new ones that i dont have saved already

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Google “mock draft” and “devin bush”?

Dude is the most prized commodity outside of edge rusher, LT, and QB. He is gonna go high.

The Steelers also sent the house to watch Clemson’s Pro day.

munchy

Google “mock draft” and “devin bush”?

Dude is the most prized commodity outside of edge rusher, LT, and QB. He is gonna go high.

i just googles it and found 3 out of 11 sites that had him listed above 20............one had him at 11, one at 12 and one at 17
    i never saw one that had him a more prized commodity over devin white or few, if any, that had him over hockenson and fant

- - - Updated - - -

The Steelers also sent the house to watch Clemson’s Pro day.
    i know its early, but do you remember if the steelers sent this many in previous years?

i know its early, but do you remember if the steelers sent this many in previous years?
    Ohio St. usually has the “entire” coaching staff attend (for multiple reasons).

Off the top top of my head, last season, it was also Alabama (Frazier was the center of Tomlin’s attention at that dinner).

The year befire, it was Wisconsin (TJ Watt).

i just googles it and found 3 out of 11 sites that had him listed above 20............one had him at 11, one at 12 and one at 17
    i never saw one that had him a more prized commodity over devin white or few, if any, that had him over hockenson and fant

- - - Updated - - -

There are two instant impact 3 down off ball linebackers in this draft - that is about it. Every single team in the NFL wants 1-2 players like that on their roster. How else would you define prized?

munchy

Ohio St. usually has the “entire” coaching staff attend (for multiple reasons).

Off the top top of my head, last season, it was also Alabama (Frazier was the center of Tomlin’s attention at that dinner).

The year befire, it was Wisconsin (TJ Watt).
    thanks.
    hopefully this is a new trend and the full compliment will attend all of them.
    why not, they are getting paid , right?

Devin Bush and Rashan Gary are the 2 most prized prospects from Michigan in this draft. I think Gary fits best to a 4-3 defense so his interest may be more limited than Bush's. Regardless of what draft position they get taken, both are very high on ALL draft boards.

thanks.
    hopefully this is a new trend and the full compliment will attend all of them.
    why not, they are getting paid , right?
    There are hundreds (literally) of colleges to scout and/or pro days to attend. There is zero chance that every coach attends every pro day.

They divvy it up, where if only the DB coach attends the Notre Dame Pro day, he’s probably looking at Julian Love. (That’s not factual, but an example.)

munchy

There are two instant impact 3 down off ball linebackers in this draft - that is about it. Every single team in the NFL wants 1-2 players like that on their roster. How else would you define prized?
    you said there were several sites that had bush listed top 10
    you said he was more prized than anyone else other than edge, lt and qb
    SO once again, can you please list all these sites(that you said 'just google and they will come up') that show him in the top 10 AND then please show me the sites that have him listed ahead of white.
    at this point i cant seem to find these 'better draft boards' that you are speaking of.
    im also having a hard time finding site that have him ahead of several DLs

i dont care that there are 2 instant impact 3 down lbs in this draft(according to you).
    im not debating what my definition of prized is compared to yours . that is subjective
    i would like to see these sites you are talking about.
    its not that tough to list them for me

munchy

There are hundreds (literally) of colleges to scout and/or pro days to attend. There is zero chance that every coach attends every pro day.

They divvy it up, where if only the DB coach attends the Notre Dame Pro day, he’s probably looking at Julian Love. (That’s not factual, but an example.)
    obviously
    my bad, i guess i shouldnt have said full compliment, if there are multiple pro days on the same day
    i guess i will follow this more closely and see if everyone, on their compliment, is at someones pro day from here on out

EDIT: after some quick research, it already appears that there were pro days that only 1 or 2 representatives attended while the rest of the compliment didnt go to any other pro days on that same day.
    so, even when possible, it appears that the steelers had the ability to send all the coaches but chose not too.