Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Send House To Michigan’s Pro Day

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Steelers Send House To Michigan’s Pro Day

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    you said there were several sites that had bush listed top 10
    you said he was more prized than anyone else other than edge, lt and qb
    SO once again, can you please list all these sites(that you said 'just google and they will come up') that show him in the top 10 AND then please show me the sites that have him listed ahead of white.
    at this point i cant seem to find these 'better draft boards' that you are speaking of.
    im also having a hard time finding site that have him ahead of several DLs

i dont care that there are 2 instant impact 3 down lbs in this draft(according to you).
    im not debating what my definition of prized is compared to yours . that is subjective
    i would like to see these sites you are talking about.
    its not that tough to list them for me
    Not my fault you suck at Google-fu.

Here is one with Bush at 10 - http://nfldraft.theringer.com/

Looking at a number major mock draft site and majority have still not adjusted their claims since the combine results have come in -- where Bush posted testing numbers almost none of these chattering talking heads anticipated.

Look at last year's draft -- how many off-ball LBers went in the first round again? Far more than 2. This year there are two - White and Bush. They are going to go early. I do not care what any projection says, but White lasting into the 20's is not going to happen. He plays an increasingly valuable and rare style of LB - that prized commodity I talked about.

You can quibble all you want, but mock drafts are always wrong after the first 5 picks. White and Bush are the only sure-fire ILB rookie impact starters in the entire class. They play a style of LB that every single damn team in the NFL wants. It is so valuable that about a half dozen came off the board last year, when the class was projected to be almost 8+ deep at the position. So wanna make a logical guess about how aggressive teams will be in a class that has only 2?

Trading up to whatever it took to get White or Bush would be a great move by the Steelers and I don't think it is possible to over-draft the guy. On the defensive side of the ball for the Steelers there are only 2 players I would value over the "Devins" (sounds like an 80-'s teen-beat magazine cover) - Bosa and Ferrell.

I think you and I fundamentally differ on how to judge the draft. You sound like a guy that if a bunch of places have him ranked at "#X" in the draft class and a team drafts him at Pick # less than X - you will cry "Reach" and talk about over-drafting and all that.

Well, Darius Leonard was overdrafted according to the Internet. How'd that look if everyone got a redo? If the guy can play and he plays a position of need for your team, screw fiddling with projected ranks -- go get your guy.

- - - Updated - - -

obviously
    my bad, i guess i shouldnt have said full compliment, if there are multiple pro days on the same day
    i guess i will follow this more closely and see if everyone, on their compliment, is at someones pro day from here on out

EDIT: after some quick research, it already appears that there were pro days that only 1 or 2 representatives attended while the rest of the compliment didnt go to any other pro days on that same day.
    so, even when possible, it appears that the steelers had the ability to send all the coaches but chose not too.
    Head coaches and coordinators rarely attend pro days and wine and dine prosepcts that the team does not think it will select in the first round or maybe the second. The rest of the draft is parceled out to position coaches and scouts. That is why the internet breathlessly reports where Head coaches and GMs are spotted -- it gives a good indicator of what direction a particular team is leaning towards in Round 1 or the top of Round 2.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

that would be a reach and not BPA, like the steelers supposedly always do
    i havent seen a draft board that has him at 15 or above
    ???

I’ve seen tons of draft boards that have him going well before 20. If the Steelers sit at 20, there are plenty of teams that will take him before that. Bengals, Dolphins, Browns, Raiders. Then you need to watch the Bears and Chiefs...neither of the Devins will be there at 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    ???

I’ve seen tons of draft boards that have him going well before 20. If the Steelers sit at 20, there are plenty of teams that will take him before that. Bengals, Dolphins, Browns, Raiders. Then you need to watch the Bears and Chiefs...neither of the Devins will be there at 20.
    I originally thought Bush was going to be there for us at #20 but not after his Combine performance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

His numbers are as close as I’ve ever seen to Shaziers numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

His numbers are as close as I’ve ever seen to Shaziers numbers.

That just makes me sad.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That just makes me sad.

It's exciting that there are a couple players with a similar skillset to Shazier, but just knowing that we had a guy that athletically gifted that can no longer play the game is awful. I'm heartbroken for him personally and pray he fully recovers.

He may be the most athletic LB to ever play the game. Shazier hadn't even hit his prime yet and was an unbelievable player. Mosley got more of the press and more Pro Bowls, but Shazier was the better, more athletic, more complete player....and it isn't close.

Hopefully the Steelers can land White or Bush and fill the huge hole in the middle of that defense that was left when Ryan was injured.

munchy

Not my fault you suck at Google-fu.

Here is one with Bush at 10 - http://nfldraft.theringer.com/

Looking at a number major mock draft site and majority have still not adjusted their claims since the combine results have come in -- where Bush posted testing numbers almost none of these chattering talking heads anticipated.

Look at last year's draft -- how many off-ball LBers went in the first round again? Far more than 2. This year there are two - White and Bush. They are going to go early. I do not care what any projection says, but White lasting into the 20's is not going to happen. He plays an increasingly valuable and rare style of LB - that prized commodity I talked about.

You can quibble all you want, but mock drafts are always wrong after the first 5 picks. White and Bush are the only sure-fire ILB rookie impact starters in the entire class. They play a style of LB that every single damn team in the NFL wants. It is so valuable that about a half dozen came off the board last year, when the class was projected to be almost 8+ deep at the position. So wanna make a logical guess about how aggressive teams will be in a class that has only 2?

Trading up to whatever it took to get White or Bush would be a great move by the Steelers and I don't think it is possible to over-draft the guy. On the defensive side of the ball for the Steelers there are only 2 players I would value over the "Devins" (sounds like an 80-'s teen-beat magazine cover) - Bosa and Ferrell.

I think you and I fundamentally differ on how to judge the draft. You sound like a guy that if a bunch of places have him ranked at "#X" in the draft class and a team drafts him at Pick # less than X - you will cry "Reach" and talk about over-drafting and all that.

Well, Darius Leonard was overdrafted according to the Internet. How'd that look if everyone got a redo? If the guy can play and he plays a position of need for your team, screw fiddling with projected ranks -- go get your guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Head coaches and coordinators rarely attend pro days and wine and dine prosepcts that the team does not think it will select in the first round or maybe the second. The rest of the draft is parceled out to position coaches and scouts. That is why the internet breathlessly reports where Head coaches and GMs are spotted -- it gives a good indicator of what direction a particular team is leaning towards in Round 1 or the top of Round 2.
    lol................i suck at google?
    i called you out and you came up with 1 site.....hilarious.
    now your panties are all in a bunch because i caught you lying
    now youre back peddling saying mocks arent adjusted yet............its hard to believe you can even type that garbage
    SO, ONCE AGAIN.............show me all those sites that you said you found that had him top 10. if not, FU too.

jesus chriminy, why cant people just admit that they were wrong, made stuff up, lied, only saw one site or admit that they have a crush on a certain player and over hyped him?

oh, i also want to see where he is more coveted than white, the TEs and the DLs
    - - - Updated - - -

???

could you please provide those sites?
    like i said earlier, to this other poster, i am always looking to add draft site to my favorites. out of the 15 sites i have, only a couple have him above 20
    thanks

Again, your lack of reading comprehension skills and ability to follow a complex argument is not my problem.

Keep believing that standing pat at 20 nets you Devin Bush because a mock draft from Mike Mayock from January said so. Hell, maybe Bush plummets based on concerns over his size and ability to disengage from blocking and goes at 25. Maybe he goes top 10. Maybe top 15. No one knows.

But I’m certain of this. There are two players at ILB that stand head and shoulders above the other players in the class at the position. Historically, when the tiers of players are that starkly separated and the top tier is so small, NFL teams aggressively pursue the top players.

But we can keep aggressively arguing about the meaning of prized or if Bush is #20 or 21 in the class.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    It's exciting that there are a couple players with a similar skillset to Shazier, but just knowing that we had a guy that athletically gifted that can no longer play the game is awful. I'm heartbroken for him personally and pray he fully recovers.

He may be the most athletic LB to ever play the game. Shazier hadn't even hit his prime yet and was an unbelievable player. Mosley got more of the press and more Pro Bowls, but Shazier was the better, more athletic, more complete player....and it isn't close.

Hopefully the Steelers can land White or Bush and fill the huge hole in the middle of that defense that was left when Ryan was injured.
    I won' t ever be able to be swayed from my position that if Shazier hadn't gotten hurt, everyone would be talking about him as one of the most dominant defenders in the league. He was on the verge of putting it all together to start compiling Defensive Player of the Year type seasons.

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

This is more about Winovich with the second pick then anything else. He won’t last until our third.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    This is more about Winovich with the second pick then anything else. He won’t last until our third.
    maybe, maybe not.

he did just have thumb surgery...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    IMO, he is a reach with the steelers 2nd pick. There are better athletes available in the 2nd round. He may not last until the 3rd, but as much as I am a Michigan fan, I don't think that is good draft strategy for the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    IMO, he is a reach with the steelers 2nd pick. There are better athletes available in the 2nd round. He may not last until the 3rd, but as much as I am a Michigan fan, I don't think that is good draft strategy for the Steelers.
    Yea, draft Twitter is all abuzz about “Winovich at 52”. I see him as a R3 target.

What is truly scary is some are saying “Winovich at 20”.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yea, draft Twitter is all abuzz about “Winovich at 52”. I see him as a R3 target.

What is truly scary is some are saying “Winovich at 20”.
    Not any less scary than when people said Artie Burns at 20.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

That just makes me sad.
    Devin White tops Bush in 6 of the 9 categories ....

but White ties Shazier in 1 ( weight ) and Beats Shazier in 20 yard shuffle , otherwise its clean slate to Shaz ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Not any less scary than when people said Artie Burns at 20.
    Burns at least has the physical tools to play in the NFL. Winovich does not.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

now youre back peddling saying mocks arent adjusted yet............its hard to believe you can even type that garbage
    SO, ONCE AGAIN.............show me all those sites that you said you found that had him top 10. if not, FU too.

jesus chriminy, why cant people just admit that they were wrong, made stuff up, lied, only saw one site or admit that they have a crush on a certain player and over hyped him?

- - - Updated - - -

like i said earlier, to this other poster, i am always looking to add draft site to my favorites. out of the 15 sites i have, only a couple have him above 20
    thanks
    Serious question. Are You here just to cause trouble? In most threads that's exactly what you are doing.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Serious question. Are You here just to cause trouble? In most threads that's exactly what you are doing.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

I had to read that twice...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

thanks
    Wow this guy's johnson is 12 inches long

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post

actually no.
    i was engaging in a conversation with an individual that made claims that i questioned. i simply asked for him to provide me the sites that he got his info from.
    he has side stepped and avoided providing me with that information. he got frustrated and insulted me.
    so, i admit i stepped up the aggression level.
    anyone can go back and read the thread and see how it has gotten to this point.............pretty simple, really

actually no.
    i was engaging in a conversation with an individual that made claims that i questioned. i simply asked for him to provide me the sites that he got his info from.
    he has side stepped and avoided providing me with that information. he got frustrated and insulted me.
    so, i admit i stepped up the aggression level.
    anyone can go back and read the thread and see how it has gotten to this point.............pretty simple, really
    dude, you need to learn how to chill out. don't take things so seriously, try and remember that we're all Steelers fans here.

What physical tools does Winovich lack to play in the NFL? I think he can spend some more time in the weight room, but his 4.59 -40 showed he is faster than most thought. His on field drills at the Combine also looked very smooth as he dropped in coverage and changed direction well.

Burns on the other hand looked stiff in his backpedal and turns at the combine and didn't change direction well. Also his 31.5" vertical is similar to that of Winovich 30.5". Burns always looked like a project to me.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combin...ut-Artie-Burns

munchy

Again, your lack of reading comprehension skills and ability to follow a complex argument is not my problem.

Keep believing that standing pat at 20 nets you Devin Bush because a mock draft from Mike Mayock from January said so. Hell, maybe Bush plummets based on concerns over his size and ability to disengage from blocking and goes at 25. Maybe he goes top 10. Maybe top 15. No one knows.

But I’m certain of this. There are two players at ILB that stand head and shoulders above the other players in the class at the position. Historically, when the tiers of players are that starkly separated and the top tier is so small, NFL teams aggressively pursue the top players.

But we can keep aggressively arguing about the meaning of prized or if Bush is #20 or 21 in the class.

lol..............a complex argument?
    you cant understand a simple one................just provide me with all these sites.........its that simple
    you said there were numerous sites that had him listed in the top 10
    i asked you to provide them. you couldnt
    the fact that you keep changing the narrative has nothing to do with your claim

show me where i said i believe staying at 20 will guarantee getting bush........you cant
    show me were i said there i said those 2 lbs arent head and shoulders better than the rest......you cant
    we arent arguing about the meaning of prized, you are trying to change the subject............why you are making that up is beyond me
    SO, once again. please supply me with all those sites that had bush in the top 10. seeing you are so much better than me at googling, it shouldnt take you very long

What physical tools does Winovich lack to play in the NFL? I think he can spend some more time in the weight room, but his 4.59 -40 showed he is faster than most thought. His on field drills at the Combine also looked very smooth as he dropped in coverage and changed direction well.

Burns on the other hand looked stiff in his backpedal and turns at the combine and didn't change direction well. Also his 31.5" vertical is similar to that of Winovich 30.5". Burns always looked like a project to me.

Winovich looks like a guy who wins on effort to me. Just relentless hustle on every play and little explosion or change of direction. I suspect that I have over-stated the floor for Winovich. He can likely contribute as a rotational edge player, but I just don't see a starter and all these calls to draft him Round 1 or Round 2 need to be deflated a bit.

I understand that you were never in on Artie Burns. I was in the pre-draft and draft process and through his rookie year. I see know that was wrong and you don't need to convince me.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    dude, you need to learn how to chill out. don't take things so seriously, try and remember that we're all Steelers fans here.
    listen i can chill and we are all steelers fans but......
    the dude has said i suck at google
    he said FU
    questioned my reading comprehension
    why? because i called him out and he cant back what he said......its that simple

I see school must have let out for the day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-fill-ab-void

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/...9ers-cardinals

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/md.Drew.shtml (oops! #15. Guess I better pack it in)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings (oops! off by 3. Dang!)

As to the rest of it, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that everyone else understood what I meant and what I was driving at. So I'm not going to do a blow by blow recap here.

Bottom line: Based on recent draft trends, team needs, the FA class, and a variety of other factors, if you want to draft either White or Bush -- you are gonna almost certainly get a pick north of #15 and potentially north of #12.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I see school must have let out for the day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...s-fill-ab-void

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/...9ers-cardinals

https://www.thehuddlereport.com/md.Drew.shtml (oops! #15. Guess I better pack it in)

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings (oops! off by 3. Dang!)

As to the rest of it, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that everyone else understood what I meant and what I was driving at. So I'm not going to do a blow by blow recap here.

Bottom line: Based on recent draft trends, team needs, the FA class, and a variety of other factors, if you want to draft either White or Bush -- you are gonna almost certainly get a pick north of #15 and potentially north of #12.
    Bummer. What about David Long (LB one) or Germaine Pratt in rd 2 or 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Bummer. What about David Long (LB one) or Germaine Pratt in rd 2 or 3?
    I think some combination of Wilson, Long, and Pratt will be around for consideration in the first 3 rounds.

Honestly, wasn't trying to set myself up as anything other than a guy who spends a lot of time in front of a computer and to keep my sanity reads a bunch of draft stuff. My original post on all this was to take a bit of the piss out of a poster I thought could use a little humor...

Long and Pratt could be really nice solutions to the ILB/Dime Player issue for the Steelers and you might be able to get them at much lower draft cost.