Thread: Attention National Media: Antonio Brown acted like a jerk on his way out of Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Attention National Media: Antonio Brown acted like a jerk on his way out of Pittsburgh

The national media seems to be going out of its way to applaud Antonio Brown for how he was able to leverage his way out of Pittsburgh. Fact is, Antonio Brown acted like a world-class jerk on his way out of town, and the national media needs to know it.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...steelers-trade

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Attention National Media: Antonio Brown acted like a jerk on his way out of Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The national media seems to be going out of its way to applaud Antonio Brown for how he was able to leverage his way out of Pittsburgh. Fact is, Antonio Brown acted like a world-class jerk on his way out of town, and the national media needs to know it.

National media has to come up with some new storyline on a former Steeler masterfully handling a contract dispute since the only way they now can contend Bell is a big winner requires claiming his quest was never about the money

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Attention National Media: Antonio Brown acted like a jerk on his way out of Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    National media has to come up with some new storyline on a former Steeler masterfully handling a contract dispute since the only way they now can contend Bell is a big winner requires claiming his quest was never about the money

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

The 'national media' hasn't been about facts for a very long time. They're about emotional BS that, for some reason, has taken the place of facts.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThorndikeFFA View Post
    The 'national media' hasn't been about facts for a very long time. They're about emotional BS that, for some reason, has taken the place of facts.
    Yep, reason why I don't watch the news anymore, it's almost like facts is optional. I mean they went from calling bullshit "Bullshit" to "Alternative Facts"... I mean fucking seriously??

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Have you been watching the media since 2008? I certain event that year (in November) changed the way the media has acted and it hasn't stopped.

The media is about clicks, advertising and money. They could care less about those pesky things called "facts". As long as you click their story they get richer, you get dumber, and the cycle continues. I'm not picking a side either, they ALL do it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

These are some salty tears. You all are not wrong. But everyone just seems upset because it makes them sad and angry if anyone says anything mean about the Steelers. Who cares? It still has the same result - the best WR in a generation or more was traded for peanuts because he freaked out over money. That is all that matters for me. I don't care if ESPN or some other media outlet drags the Steelers. Why do you guys let this get to you? Or better yet, why are you still listening/watching to media outlets that provide zero useful content/information? As someone accurately pointed out it in another thread, this is the same national media that stills thinks Burns is the starter opposite Haden. If they can't bother to get that correct, why do you think they would ever care about the specifics and intricate details of why or why not a player left? I bet that hard-core Giants fans know more than ESPN or SI or PFT does about the ins and outs of how ODB got traded.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Also the only thing interesting at a national level is how AB got off the team. Because the implication is that maybe your teams star can or will do the same.

Again, who cares?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    These are some salty tears. You all are not wrong. But everyone just seems upset because it makes them sad and angry if anyone says anything mean about the Steelers. Who cares? It still has the same result - the best WR in a generation or more was traded for peanuts because he freaked out over money. That is all that matters for me. I don't care if ESPN or some other media outlet drags the Steelers. Why do you guys let this get to you? Or better yet, why are you still listening/watching to media outlets that provide zero useful content/information? As someone accurately pointed out it in another thread, this is the same national media that stills thinks Burns is the starter opposite Haden. If they can't bother to get that correct, why do you think they would ever care about the specifics and intricate details of why or why not a player left? I bet that hard-core Giants fans know more than ESPN or SI or PFT does about the ins and outs of how ODB got traded.
    Dragging the Steelers does not bother me - I know these guys get paid based on ratings and page clicks so they need to stir stuff up.

What gets to me are the ones like Greenberg who cannot let it rest as just being a dispute about money but need to parrot the contention of Bell's agent Bakari that this is part of some legacy of struggle and that AB is on the side of the angels as part of a movement to right some tremendous wrong arising from a CBA negotiated by the players' union that the players ratified. So when a player like Bell loses his gamble to get more money it is flipped as never having been about the money.

On some deeper level it may be that, just as someone like Bell wants to be more than a football player, talking heads like Greenberg want to pretend that they are doing more than just giving their employers empty calories content to fill the time between the games by turning a fight over $$$$ into something allegedly more important.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Dragging the Steelers does not bother me - I know these guys get paid based on ratings and page clicks so they need to stir stuff up.

What gets to me are the ones like Greenberg who cannot let it rest as just being a dispute about money but need to parrot the contention of Bell's agent Bakari that this is part of some legacy of struggle and that AB is on the side of the angels as part of a movement to right some tremendous wrong arising from a CBA negotiated by the players' union that the players ratified. So when a player like Bell loses his gamble to get more money it is flipped as never having been about the money.

On some deeper level it may be that, just as someone like Bell wants to be more than a football player, talking heads like Greenberg want to pretend that they are doing more than just giving their employers empty calories content to fill the time between the games by turning a fight over $$$$ into something allegedly more important.
    Nailed it. National guys have to talk about how the story applies to everyone that follows the NFL. The only way it does is if this is some bigger narrative that can be taken and applied everywhere. The specific details for each team/player context are not interesting to anyone outside of fans of that specific team/player.

It just seems that there is a segment of posters around here that seem to get angry/sad (sangry?) whenever something in the media makes them feel bad about being a Steelers fan; or at the very least they can't feel better about the Steelers than other franchises. I've never understood that. Win, lose, or draw, the performance and thoughts of the team have very little impact on my emotional well being.

I think many people here would be happier if they got a dog or something.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Tank View Post
    Have you been watching the media since 2008? I certain event that year (in November) changed the way the media has acted and it hasn't stopped.

The media is about clicks, advertising and money. They could care less about those pesky things called "facts". As long as you click their story they get richer, you get dumber, and the cycle continues. I'm not picking a side either, they ALL do it.

truth. its amazing how many people believe the stuff thats out there. it has truly made this country a worse place
    everything is so political and racial
    someone throws out some absurd 'stat' and whichever side agrees with that runs with it. nobody seems to be able to think on their own, anymore

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Attention National Media: Antonio Brown acted like a jerk on his way out of Pittsburgh

Agree!

The Steelers aren’t innocent victims here either. They created that “monster” and let it grow and then they threatened to play hardball and wound up buckling. AB was acting the asshole role but the Steelers organization created the asshole and let it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Plenty of people here, just bring up Tomlin or Ben for example and watch them come out of the woodwork.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

...and here come the what-about-isms. Right on cue

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Nice to see that Josh Harris, who was in town long enough for a cup of coffee, is still getting "airtime" with various outlets. And "Suddenness and Glide?" Give me a break. What, was Hines Ward not available to pile on?

The Big Ben Problem in Pittsburgh, According to Two Ex-Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Nice to see that Josh Harris, who was in town long enough for a cup of coffee, is still getting "airtime" with various outlets. And "Suddenness and Glide?" Give me a break. What, was Hines Ward not available to pile on?

The Big Ben Problem in Pittsburgh, According to Two Ex-Steelers
    Breaking news - Veteran star QB does not talk to scrubs