Thread: Nine Reasons Why the Steelers Will Suck in 2019

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Nine Reasons Why the Steelers Will Suck in 2019

Hi guys, I can't stay positive anymore, so I'm going to rant. This organization is a joke, and I'm going to tell you why we should just tank all of our games to get the 1st pick overall next season. We didn't get OBJ or Earl Thomas, so that automatically makes us suck next year.

1. Of course, the obvious, we didn't give AB more guaranteed money. He's the greatest ever, who cares if he skips practice. We talking bout practice man, not the game, we talking bout practice! So what that he walks out on his team, hes the GOAT. We should have rewarded him with $20M more guaranteed. It might have also been good for team morale that we're taking care of you as long as your production is good.

2. We lost Le'Veon Bell. Yeah that's right, forget the fact that he didn't play a single snap last season, we still lost him, so we suck!

3. The Ravens are gonna be #2 in the division. They cut their starting safety, and lost 2 of their best linebackers, BUT they obviously fixed the problem by signing an aging safety coming off a terrible injury, and with a good RB.

4. Ben Roethlisberger is obviously the worst QB in the AFCN. That's why we can't win. He's leagues below Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, or the Ginger Cannon. He'll be lucky to make the HoF in his 10th year of eligibility.

5. Everybody knows 2nd year players can't make the step up if called upon. James Washington didn't have 200 yards last year, he's a bust! CUT HIM NOW!! Why are we even wasting our time with him, Juju almost had 1000 yards in his first season! Everybody knows WRs if they don't have that Juju 1st year production they're terrible. Same with Terrell Edmunds! He's obviously not the 2nd coming of Troy P... So he SUCKS!

6. Juju is NOT a #1 WR. Cris Carter said it, so it has to be true. He's the smartest guy I ever seen and an excellent judge of character and talent. He's spot on with his predictions like Malcolm Floyd will be a future Hall of Famer like Fitzgerald. Juju only had over 1000 yards because AB was unfairly triple and quadruple covered on every play. Teams used dirty tactics, like rolling both Free safety, Strong safety, and OLB out to his side so poor Ben had to fire into coverage for unfair INT's that shouldn't have counted.

7. Defense is terrible and most of their sacks were "Dong Sacks". That's right, sacks that were the result of scheme, or the LB was matched up against an undersized RB, QB slipping in the wet turf, or TE. Every sack should be an 'earned sack' against a #1LT who made the pro bowl or it doesn't count. If you take away the "Dong Factor", the Steelers are dead LAST in sacks. Sad!!!!

8. OL consistency is overrated. Too bad we can't be like the future world champion browns or ravens, we should have cut foster, pouncey, and then signed some shiny new pieces like OBJ and Earl Thomas. Ben won championships when he got sacked over 45 times a year, so who cares about OL? If they were smart, Pouncey and Foster.... GONE!

9. Divas should be rewarded. There's a reason why they're divas, cause they're good! I mean, when do you see a player complaining about making 'only' 14 million a year, unless they ball out? I think if we kept AB and Bell, this would send a positive message to the locker room. You want to get paid 14 million? Then ball out! Nothing will ever happen to them if their production is through the roof, which will only encourage all of our players, especially our younger generation, to produce more, so they can be bulletproof and get the contract of their dreams. Of course, Rooney is too dumb to realize this.

munchy

Re: Nine Reasons Why the Steelers Will Suck in 2019

well, we sucked last year and so far have gotten worse.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    well, we sucked last year and so far have gotten worse.
    We sucked last year because we didn't pay Boswell #1 kicker and #2 punter money. This caused him to go into a deep depression, and miss some easy field goals and extra points that he would have made if he were given his fair amount. If he doesn't miss in week 1, or in that Raider game, we go 11-5 with the #2 seed. So we need to restructure his contract to an "AB" contract to make him the highest paid placekicker in the NFL. Maybe then, we wouldn't suck.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    We sucked last year because we didn't pay Boswell #1 kicker and #2 punter money. This caused him to go into a deep depression, and miss some easy field goals and extra points that he would have made if he were given his fair amount. If he doesn't miss in week 1, or in that Raider game, we go 11-5 with the #2 seed. So we need to restructure his contract to an "AB" contract to make him the highest paid placekicker in the NFL. Maybe then, we wouldn't suck.
    maybe but, we'd still suck, just for different reasons

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

You couldn't come up with 10 reasons we suck? Seriously?

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

sounds like we have some posters here who should go root for the Patriots******

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Mike Tomlin is still head coach, who is merely subpar as a head coach. The high offensive talent of the Steelers covered up for Tomlin's coaching deficiencies all these years, but was always exposed in big moments. That high-end talent is now pretty much gutted, Mike Munchak, by far the best coach on the team is gone and with all that is left is a 37 year-old increasingly sloppy Roethlisberger and some scraps.

Unless the Steelers Defense suddenly turns dominant under Keith Butler (lol), The Steelers go no higher than 8 wins in 2019.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Haha...I thought the title didnt sound like one you would post. I totally came here to rip you...

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Unless the Steelers Defense suddenly turns dominant under Keith Butler (lol), The Steelers go no higher than 8 wins in 2019.
    as long as we can find an ILB to cover the other team's best WR it's possible...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    You couldn't come up with 10 reasons we suck? Seriously?
    It's because the Steelers are so insignificant, that they don't deserve the next significant digit in our base-10 decimal system! That'd be my 10th reason, but you know, you give it too much significance by making it 10 reasons instead of 9.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    It's because the Steelers are so insignificant, that they don't deserve the next significant digit in our base-10 decimal system! That'd be my 10th reason, but you know, you give it too much significance by making it 10 reasons instead of 9.

The 10th reason they suck is because the Steelers aren't about family. You heard Antonio Brown say it over and over again. The Steelers aren't about family.

The Raiders.....are.....about...….family.....man.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    sounds like we have some posters here who should go root for the Patriots******
    why not?, they win

AB is the greatest ever, he's the only reason why we won 9 games last season. He should sell his goat milk and charge $500,000 for a swallow, he'd never go broke

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't know what you are talking about. This team is a super bowl contender. The only thing wrong with this organization was leveon bell and Antonio brown, not to mention those evil refs kept them out of the playoffs last year. There is nothing else wrong with this organization, and now that ab and bell are gone they are instant super bowl contenders. Piss poor coaching? That wont stop this team from winning the division and contending for a super bowl! And now that we overpaid to keep bud Dupree Anthony chickillo and Jordan berry, we are set!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    why not?, they win

Then what are you waiting for?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I WILL bring this thread back next December when the Steelers are AFC North Champs again.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

The sarcasm smiley is sorely missing in the OP.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I WILL bring this thread back next December when the Steelers are AFC North Champs again.
    Thanks, but just to be safe we won’t hold our breath.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Then what are you waiting for?
    who says i havent already?
    i decided awhile ago(since the steelers were constantly underachieving) that im done hating other teams for being good and winning.
    im a steelers fan but they way they been the past decade has driven me away some. im done losing my mind when they lose. im done defending them when it comes to being the model franchise etc. im done cheering against certain teams. its time the steelers get their crap together and win something and i dont mean an afcn.
    when the steelers show me some respect and start doing things that make me feel like they are trying to win, then ill show them respect and go 'all in' for them

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I also only like teams that win and make me feel superior.

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I also only like teams that win and make me feel superior.
    no kidding.
    youve got steeler fans, living in the seventies, acting superior after not even making the playoffs i dont get it