Thread: Crazy Dupree Thought

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Crazy Dupree Thought

Can't the Steelers move Bud to ILB ? Then draft a true edge rusher to compliment Watt. Bud might actually be good at ILB and won't out run the play.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Crazy Dupree Thought

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Can't the Steelers move Bud to ILB ? Then draft a true edge rusher to compliment Watt. Bud might actually be good at ILB and won't out run the play.
    I’ve thought that for a while.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’ve thought that for a while.
    Bud can't over run the QB going up the middle can he ?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Bud can't over run the QB going up the middle can he ?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

he cant cover and that is sort of why we want an ILB ... if coverage wasnt the issue plug Bostic back in with VW and you are all set at plugging up the middle you just wont cover anyone
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    he cant cover and that is sort of why we want an ILB ... if coverage wasnt the issue plug Bostic back in with VW and you are all set at plugging up the middle you just wont cover anyone
    I don’t disagree. But Bud is better in coverage than Bostic OR VW.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Remember when Timmons was great at ILB and we had to move him to OLB for a season and he sucked?

Well, Dupree ALREADY sucks at OLB, so if we move him to ILB, he's bound to be good. It's like the same exact move in reverse - it's guaranteed to work!

CHAMPIONSHIP!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

What about Marcus Allen to safety? He's basically an in the box thumper as a safety. Below average coverage skills for a safety, but as a ILB could be above average. He was 215 at the combine, putting on 15 lbs during on offseason with access to "NFL Nutrition", I'm sure it's possible he could be around 230ish and big enough to play the mack. There shouldn't be much re-learning involved for him as he played that hybrid role in college and some last year.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    What about Marcus Allen to safety? He's basically an in the box thumper as a safety. Below average coverage skills for a safety, but as a ILB could be above average. He was 215 at the combine, putting on 15 lbs during on offseason with access to "NFL Nutrition", I'm sure it's possible he could be around 230ish and big enough to play the mack. There shouldn't be much re-learning involved for him as he played that hybrid role in college and some last year.
    I have always hoped that was the plan. No way Allen can play safety in the NFL. Of course, the Steelers tend to fall in love with back-up safeties they can't actually put on the field (Berhe, Dangerfield, Golden).

munchy

bud would have to be restructured. dont see why he would want to devalue himself for FA next year