Thread: Suggs headed back home to Arizona

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Suggs headed back home to Arizona

Had a feeling that may happen, and it did. Truthfully, his performance dropped significantly prior to mid-season, and this will be his (I think) 17th season. Would have liked him to retire as a Raven but probably a good move for both.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Re: Suggs headed back home to Arizona

Well, at least we get to go against him one more time. I always liked Mr Ed. even though I joke on him I have nothing but respect for that dude. Should be retiring a Rat though.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    Had a feeling that may happen, and it did. Truthfully, his performance dropped significantly prior to mid-season, and this will be his (I think) 17th season. Would have liked him to retire as a Raven but probably a good move for both.
    He will be retired in 2 years. No one will remember him going to the Cardinals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

17 years is enough. In the past few Steelers-Rats game, he has been invisible.

Great career. Hated him but respected him.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Good signing for the Cards...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I think it's probably his last season, this is more a homecoming type of signing for him. He's from AZ as far as I know, probably his dream to play for his home team

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Suggs hated the Steelers and talked a lot of trash, but he was always a tough respectable player IMO. My hat's off to him.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The bottom line is that we all would have loved him if he played for the Steelers.

He has been a great player for a long time. He will finish his career in the desert in the very near future.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The bottom line is that we all would have loved him if he played for the Steelers.

He has been a great player for a long time. He will finish his career in the desert in the very near future.
    And Ravens fans would have loved Hines Ward as a Raven. Love/Hate is a fickle thing when it comes to football.

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    And Ravens fans would have loved Hines Ward as a Raven. Love/Hate is a fickle thing when it comes to football.
    Suggs, sure. But there are some players out there I would hate even if they did play for the Steelers. Ndamukong Suh, Ray Lewis, Vontaze Burfict, and Michael Vick come to mind.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

My cousin Rich lives in Arizona and his son played football with Suggs in high school. Rich used to pick him up and take him to practice. Suggs actually knocked his son out cold once. Rich told me he's actually a good kid. I've read that that Suggs and Ben have a respectful kind of friendship.

Now that Suggs is gone from Baltimore, Ben is the last man standing from the Steelers/Ravens rivalry era. Sad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    My cousin Rich lives in Arizona and his son played football with Suggs in high school. Rich used to pick him up and take him to practice. Suggs actually knocked his son out cold once. Rich told me he's actually a good kid. I've read that that Suggs and Ben have a respectful kind of friendship.

Now that Suggs is gone from Baltimore, Ben is the last man standing from the Steelers/Ravens rivalry era. Sad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I work with a guy who went to Arizona State, and he used to see Suggs in the weight room all the time. Said the dude was one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet

Of course I wasn't hearing any of that cause he was a Raven