Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Tate flirting

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Golden Tate flirting

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Golden Tate flirting

I saw that, do you think his contract demands will put him out of our range?

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Would love to get Tate..

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Isn't this guy a bit old?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I saw that, do you think his contract demands will put him out of our range?
    ya know I guess that depends on what the team is willing to spend , Tate made 7 million last year ...

31 million for his career ...

so we may in fact be able to afford him if he just wants to average what he has made all along ... without question he is one of the kind of guys we need to bring in , hard working lunchpal mentality H-U-M-B-L-E ..I think our locker lacks humility so the more of that you can add and still have a good football player the better IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    It's this guy a bit old?
    no older than the guy we just shipped out

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

For those interested...
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...T/TateGo00.htm

And he's a punt returner. One of the better options in FA this year, IMO.

Junior Member Array title="lt194camaroz is an unknown quantity at this point">

I would take him if he wanted to come here and his price was reasonable. Its a position of need and a vet would be a good insurance policy since we are young at the top of the depth chart and will likely add another young receiver via the draft. Like I said in the free agency thread, vet receivers that believe in themselves should be drooling at the thought of coming here with the amount of production that just packed up and went west.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think Ben could make a savvy receiver like Tate look pretty good being a #2 to Juju...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, the guy averaged over 90 catches a season the last 4 in Detroit.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I think he was just stunned the Steelers gave away AB and got nothing in return. He wants to go to New England and I don't blame him

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think you have to look at what you currently have on offense and decide if a WR like Tate is going to help.

WRs- JuJu, Wash, Switzer, PS guys
    TEs- McDonald, Grimble, the Hokie, PS guys
    RBs- Conner, Samuels, Nix, PS guys

I'm pretty sure some of us had this same discussion earlier this offseason. Golden Tate has been healthy and productive. He is experienced as a WR and Punt Returner so he plays ST. So long as he isn't demanding some out of the question price for his services, I think he should be in the 'bring in for a meeting' box on Colbert's desk.

munchy

im seeing tate expected to get 10 a year for 3 years.
    that would be a huge waste

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think we’ll go WR at #20. And it definitely won’t be AB’s cousin.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    im seeing tate expected to get 10 a year for 3 years.
    that would be a huge waste
    in 8 games with the Eagles Tate only 30 caught passes for 278 yards (9.3 yds/avg) and 1 TD.

not worth anywhere near $10 million/year, no thanks...

munchy

in 8 games with the Eagles Tate only 30 caught passes for 278 yards (9.3 yds/avg) and 1 TD.

not worth anywhere near $10 million/year, no thanks...
    agreed. i was just posting numbers off a site that tracs players potential FA value

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    agreed. i was just posting numbers off a site that tracs players potential FA value
    Not like Nick Foles was slinging it around either though. I really really like Tate. He's everything we should value in a player. I just don't really like the fit unfortunately.

We need more of a field stretch type playmaker. I won't be upset if we bring him in though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

at that price tag I wouldnt be interested ... a 2 year deal at 10-12 million total package I send you for a physical tomorrow

rumor has it that Golden Tate will be visiting with the Steelers very soon.

not sure if it's true but I sure hope so, depending on his contract demands if the Steelers sign him it would allow us to concentrate on defense in the early rounds of the draft.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

He is welcome and a good player but by no means he is the solution to replace AB. Steelers now in my opinion got to go TE or WR with their first pick after this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    He is welcome and a good player but by no means he is the solution to replace AB. Steelers now in my opinion got to go TE or WR with their first pick after this debacle.
    we have a gaping hole at CB opposite Joe Haden and Jon Bostic, Vince Williams and L J Fort shouldn't be two of the opening day starters at ILB either.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I took this as Tate questioning the Steelers return for AB.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

we have a gaping hole at CB opposite Joe Haden and Jon Bostic, Vince Williams and L J Fort shouldn't be two of the opening day starters at ILB either.
    We have a gaping hole on offense now and sad, if Pitt would have had backbone both could have been given 1 picks to try to fix. It's a offense league now days and think why that should be the pick.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tate possibly just saying WTF with the trade compensation and not “het, here I am”?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

one year vet minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    one year vet minimum
    not gonna happen

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

With the money being thrown around like it is, maybe Tate will pull down 16 per lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The downside to Tate is he is a slot WR. This would push JuJu outside. So really you have to ask if Tate is a $10M upgrade over Switzer. I really like Golden Tate as a player, just don’t see a spot for him here right now. But if Steelers do sign him, JuJu/Tate/Wash looks better than Rookie/JuJu/Wash. IMO.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They should just trade a 2 & 4 round picks for DeAndre Hopkins. Problem would be solved.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The downside to Tate is he is a slot WR. This would push JuJu outside. So really you have to ask if Tate is a $10M upgrade over Switzer. I really like Golden Tate as a player, just don’t see a spot for him here right now. But if Steelers do sign him, JuJu/Tate/Wash looks better than Rookie/JuJu/Wash. IMO.
    Right. Adding Tate does nothing but replicate skills you already have on the roster. You need different skills. Tate is a good WR. He is a bad WR for the Steelers roster.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They should just trade a 2 & 4 round picks for DeAndre Hopkins. Problem would be solved.
    I would do that in a second! Question is why would Houston go for that ?

I would do that in a second! Question is why would Houston go for that ?
    I would hope they wouldn’t...but then you’d hope the Steelers wouldn’t give up AB for a 3 & 5. It was more of a sarcastic comment than anything.

BUT if they had the opportunity to do that...it’s a no-brainer!