Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: STEELERS resemble Bengals

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

STEELERS resemble Bengals

OMG! i really can't believe what I'm seeing and saying. Being a Steeler fan since late 60s ( 69yrs old) I'm watching the mighty 'Steel Curtain' diminish to grade school play and actions. There just doesn't seem to be any 'balls' and 'muscle' any more with the coaching and ownership. Mr. Rooney seems to have lost the Family forcefulness. He is acting and operating like Mike Brown of the lowly bungholes...a pathetic shadow of his father Paul Brown. Mr. Rooney just seems to just hope things go good, not really getting involved and putting his foot down on the crap that is ruining the family business. And Tomlin ? Kinda falling in the same mold that Marvin Lewis filled for many, many year's. Just going along for the ride and letting player's run the show...or nursery so to speak. Tomlin has no discipline or idea how to discipline. The team comes out of game day UNPREPARED many a times. Team's can only handle 1 Diva, which is usually the franchise QB. Ben is our's, Brady is New England's. It's a shame, but that's how it works. The Steeler's organization is running amok. Standard, average seasons are acceptable for this F.O. now, when year's ago play-offs and championships were what fan's, player's and F.O. worked for.....and usually achieved. I love my Steeler's and always will ....at least until I finally say "to hell with this game" and give up watching football all together. I think Tomlin seems like a decent man, but maybe his skills aren't working any longer for this team. The 'bungholes' just hired 20 new coaches ( but same player's so far), cleveland seems to be making changes ( at least record is improving from prior year), and the ratbirds always seem to find a way to be a pain in the ass. If something doesn't change, we could be and WILL be the cellar dwellers. So, hopefully with the Bell and now the Brown circus show at an end......let's hope our front office finally get's their head out of their asses and starts figuring out where our BALLS and MUSCLE from year's ago are....and get that Black/Gold reputation STRONG again !! Just my opinion, hopefully I'm wrong, and now with the circus now out of town the Steeler's will be back.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: STEELERS resemble Bengals

Am I going to have be on the internet all day long to have delete all these stupid posts?

Get a grip people.

LOL ! I said I couldn't believe what I was seeing and saying. Just my opinion. I'm glad you're satisfied with this team and all that is happening.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Steelers aren't the Bengals. The Bengals got rid of their massively underachieving head coach.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    LOL ! I said I couldn't believe what I was seeing and saying. Just my opinion. I'm glad you're satisfied with this team and all that is happening.
    Nobody is insinuating that.

But the melodramatic hand wringing is beyond absurd.

And from everything we've learned about the havoc that malcontent POS was creating in the locker room....well I guess people were happy to have it and the results of it. Bell and Brown will sure be showing off those SB rings in their new locker rooms.
    Yesirree.

The season doesn't start until September and by my calculations, there's a lot that's going to happen between then and now.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Sigh.....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

The season doesn't start until September and by my calculations, there's a lot that's going to happen between then and now.
    I know the season doesn't start until Sept.. Your calculations ? What info do you have that show's a lot is going to happen, besides draft, between then and now ? I don't think any more coaching changes will be made, especially on defense. But, I guess I could be wrong.

I know the season doesn't start until Sept.. Your calculations ? What info do you have that show's a lot is going to happen, besides draft, between then and now ? I don't think any more coaching changes will be made, especially on defense. But, I guess I could be wrong.
    Sounds like you're a perfect candidate for the Patriots* bandwagon.

Oh HELL NO ! I hate that team and organization.....pure Steeler fan here! I know you definitely don't know me. I have no idea where you even come up with shit.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Oh HELL NO ! I hate that team and organization.....pure Steeler fan here! I know you definitely don't know me. I have no idea where you even come up with shit.
    That is his only comeback and knows most fans are right to be pee off.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    That is his only comeback and knows most fans are right to be pee off.
    you're wrong, it's her only comeback.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    you're wrong, it's her only comeback.
    Oh my bad. Well she like her avatar probably has faith that show only gets better too.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

That’s right, cast the Steelers in a negative light or descending trajectory, and you should go root for the Patriots.

Well it seems like all I read anymore is how shitty this team is being coached and managed. Every single post is ruined by the same garbage. It's beyond old.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    That’s right, cast the Steelers in a negative light or descending trajectory, and you should go root for the Patriots.

You're right, that may be over the top, but so is the thread title.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    You're right, that may be over the top, but so is the thread title.
    very true, saying we resemble the Bungals is fighting words...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

After the R3/5 shock wears off, we'll all take a deep breath and realize we can't keep starting AB and LeVeon threads and life will be so much better - even if we go 6-10...

munchy

im done hating them. they are a far superior franchise than ours. i respect the way they do business. i wish we could emulate them a bit
    im happy having 6 rings but 4 of them happened 40 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Well it seems like all I read anymore is how shitty this team is being coached and managed. Every single post is ruined by the same garbage. It's beyond old.
    true, why dont you list all the great things that this organization accomplished lately to set them straight?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    im done hating them. they are a far superior franchise than ours. i respect the way they do business. i wish we could emulate them a bit
    im happy having 6 rings but 4 of them happened 40 years ago

- - - Updated - - -

true, why dont you list all the great things that this organization accomplished lately to set them straight?
    Do you have anything positive in your extensive resume of 15 posts?

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Do you have anything positive in your extensive resume of 15 posts?
    probably not. im waiting for them to do something to warrant one

Quote Originally Posted by munchy View Post
    probably not. im waiting for them to do something to warrant one
    We’ll wait with intense anticipation.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

While I don’t think it’s that bad, the arrow does point more towards that Bengals side than the Steelers we know side...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Of course if I were a Mod.....(which I know everyone is glad I am not), I would hit the old delete on this thread. Sorry Moose, but this is a sad thread.......and stop the run on sentences.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

i am not happy about the 3rd and 5th we got for AB, but he was a 6th rd pick the Beard was a 7th round pick, gems are out there. lets wait until say the 1st month of the season before we as fans throw everyone under the bus.

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Of course if I were a Mod.....(which I know everyone is glad I am not), I would hit the old delete on this thread. Sorry Moose, but this is a sad thread.......and stop the run on sentences.
    Threads like this used to piss me off to no end, but I look at it now as folks simply needing to vent. I guess I'm mellowing in my old age.

Well that, and the fact that I don't like the direction the NFL as a whole has taken during the Goodell era and don't care nearly as much as I used to.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

stop the run on sentences.
    Paragraphs... are your friends (not your foes).

Why? It makes it easier to not read.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Threads like this used to piss me off to no end, but I look at it now as folks simply needing to vent. I guess I'm mellowing in my old age.

Well that, and the fact that I don't like the direction the NFL as a whole has taken during the Goodell era and don't care nearly as much as I used to.
    Agreed. I just see it as childish whining myself, but it's just as silly to be wildly optimistic. Nothing posted on this forum has any effect on the decision making process, so screw it. If venting makes you feel better, then go for it. Not like there's much else to discuss anyway.
    The only thing that annoys me is when people value their opinions so highly that they think the disagreements are worth fighting over; that any of this is IMPORTANT™.
    It's not. We're just a bunch of randos on an internet forum. The Steelers do not know or care what we think.
    Best,
    -Slashy
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland