Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: STEELERS resemble Bengals

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: STEELERS resemble Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Agreed. I just see it as childish whining myself, but it's just as silly to be wildly optimistic. Nothing posted on this forum has any effect on the decision making process, so screw it. If venting makes you feel better, then go for it. Not like there's much else to discuss anyway.
    The only thing that annoys me is when people value their opinions so highly that they think the disagreements are worth fighting over; that any of this is IMPORTANT™.
    It's not. We're just a bunch of randos on an internet forum. The Steelers do not know or care what we think.
    Best,
    -Slashy
    Maybe not what you think.......

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Agreed. I just see it as childish whining myself, but it's just as silly to be wildly optimistic. Nothing posted on this forum has any effect on the decision making process, so screw it. If venting makes you feel better, then go for it. Not like there's much else to discuss anyway.
    The only thing that annoys me is when people value their opinions so highly that they think the disagreements are worth fighting over; that any of this is IMPORTANT™.
    It's not. We're just a bunch of randos on an internet forum. The Steelers do not know or care what we think.
    Best,
    -Slashy
    You shut your mouth!!!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Best,
    -Slashy

munchy

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    That really says a lot about yourself. Sadly.

lol..........please tell me what you learned about me from that. make sure you list a lot of things too.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    You shut your mouth!!!
    As always, thank you for the comic relief!

Still, 4 minutes I can't get back (slow reader).

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The only thing that annoys me is when people value their opinions so highly that they think the disagreements are worth fighting over; that any of this is IMPORTANT.
    Best,
    -Slashy
    I like to shoot my mouth off and argue for my opinion. But I do respect everyone’s opinion or try to. O enjoy it all and try to never take it too seriously. Apologies if and when I cross the line.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

You shut your dirty whore mouth!!!
    Fixed...just kidding Slashy

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    And while we're on the subject... Let's please stop pretending that our venting (or support) is performing some greater public good. Nobody on this forum is forwarding what we have to say to the powers- that- be. Nobody of any importance is hearing our opinions.
    When we complain or act optimistic/ supportive, we are not doing it as a service to others, we are doing it to make ourselves feel better.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

And while we're on the subject... Let's please stop pretending that our venting (or support) is performing some greater public good. Nobody on this forum is forwarding what we have to say to the powers- that- be. Nobody of any importance is hearing our opinions.
    When we complain or act optimistic/ supportive, we are not doing it as a service to others, we are doing it to make ourselves feel better.
    Not true...I heard Ben is secretly one of our members

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post

Ironic foreshadowing of our true relationship with the Steelers FO.

"Stop trying to control everything and just let go"...
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Everyone is just joking about this, but you seem to be trying to preach something here.

We are all stating what we believe to be true and share that with people of similar interests to discuss and enjoy the experience. Shared experiences and a common cause bond people together. There is also the thought that we make friends and enjoy the company of others.

I think most of us are all well aware of what our place is in the universe and the importance of the subject matter. If our opinions don't matter...your opinions don't matter.....or you don't care what our opinions are and we don't care about yours.....what the hell are you doing here? I mean....you could just talk to yourself and give your Steeler takes inside your shed in the backyard to make yourself feel better. Going to a message board is optional.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Maybe not Ben, but we know that when Jameson Hensley isn't busy touching his no-no place to pictures of Ray Lewis, he likes to troll these boards.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Maybe not Ben, but we know that when Jameson Hensley isn't busy touching his no-no place to pictures of Ray Lewis, he likes to troll these boards.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Ozzie Newsome, too.

Or, so I’ve been told...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    And what about, what about . . .

TIMMAH!
    now there's a flash from the past...

pczach,
    Thing is, I don't believe everyone is just joking. I think a lot of us take it way too seriously and that's the source of most of the conflict on this forum. If we would all just be realistic about the *actual* importance of our opinions about how the team should be run, we'd all be happier and get along better.

pczach,
    Thing is, I don't believe everyone is just joking. I think a lot of us take it way too seriously and that's the source of most of the conflict on this forum. If we would all just be realistic about the *actual* importance of our opinions about how the team should be run, we'd all be happier and get along better.

When you read my post, please don't think I'm attacking you. That was just a legit question I was asking.

Football has always been very important to me. I love it. I played the game, and have always been deeply involved in it. With that said, I also understand that it's just a game. Kevin Colbert doesn't call me up asking for my opinion on the acquisition of players, and Mike Tomlin really doesn't care who I think should be cut from the roster or how he should have handled the last minute and a half of a game.

As for perspective...….I have a son that is fighting cancer. He has a wife and a 2-year-old daughter.

Life reveals what really is important.....and football is certainly not at the top of that list.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I think it would be hilarious to find a forum where people debated how I should do my job. And with this much passion too. Absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I think it would be hilarious to find a forum where people debated how I should do my job. And with this much passion too. Absolutely hilarious.
    My career is debated to no end (albeit, in general... although, sometimes specifically).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

My career is debated to no end (albeit, in general... although, sometimes specifically).
    Are you indoctrinating children with your liberal agenda again? Or wasting public money on your cushy teaching gig that doesn’t help anyone learn anything?

According to the internet, I am part of a liberal conspiracy to warp the minds of otherwise precious buddding American adults with my liberal views, area studies, identity politics, and other communist plots. Gotta love internet opinions on eductiaon! Typically provided by people who have the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Are you indoctrinating children with your liberal agenda again? Or wasting public money on your cushy teaching gig that doesn’t help anyone learn anything?

According to the internet, I am part of a liberal conspiracy to warp the minds of otherwise precious buddding American adults with my liberal views, area studies, identity politics, and other communist plots. Gotta love internet opinions on eductiaon! Typically provided by people who have the least.

As my father always said, “There are three topics of discussion: war, the economy, & education. If you’re talking about the third one, then the first two are doing well.”

So, Yes, when people debate Common Core and/or Restorative Practices, I find that it means we are neither at war nor in economic crisis (which is technically always debatable).

It it always amazes me that I have four years of college, five years of grad school, defended an MA thesis, and have two different credentials... but, somehow... someone who “went to elementary school as a child” knows more about education that I do.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

As my father always said, “There are three topics of discussion: war, the economy, & education. If you’re talking about the third one, then the first two are doing well.”

So, Yes, when people debate Common Core and/or Restorative Practices, I find that it means we are neither at war nor in economic crisis (which is technically always debatable).

It it always amazes me that I have four years of college, five years of grad school, defended an MA thesis, and have two different credentials... but, somehow... someone who “went to elementary school as a child” knows more about education that I do.
    You guys should hear about it from my angle as well. Since we had our 2 oldest children so close together we decided my wife would stay home and I would work. (2 sometimes 3 jobs, whatever it takes) Or one of us could work just to pay for child care for 2 kids still in diapers. Our way worked better for us. Anyway that lead to my wife homeschooling our 4 kids. My oldest son is now in grad school after graduating with highest honors from a private college. My oldest daughter is about to graduate from that same college this May, also with highest honors. My younger daughter will be headed to Murray State this fall on full academic scholarship. Our youngest son is currently a sophomore/junior and has already passed Calculus and taking Calc2 at a tutor school. My point? If you care to read forums on home schooling you will see most opinions believe we also have a doomsday shelter for the coming apocalypse, are members of some brainwashed, racist cult akin to Nazis, AND our kids have zero inter-personal or social skills at all. My wife's own aunt who is now retired from a career as a school teacher, once condemned us ruthlessly about the harm we were doing to our kids. She has since told us she is astonished and amazed at how well educated and socially adjusted they are.

I am certain there are probably some home school families that fit better into the common thought. But most of us are really no different than any other family. My wife and I both rode the bus to public schools. We are definitely not separatists by any stretch. Just couldn't financially justify doing it any other way from the beginning. Others will condemn us but this is what worked best for this family.

You guys should hear about it from my angle as well. Since we had our 2 oldest children so close together we decided my wife would stay home and I would work. (2 sometimes 3 jobs, whatever it takes) Or one of us could work just to pay for child care for 2 kids still in diapers. Our way worked better for us. Anyway that lead to my wife homeschooling our 4 kids. My oldest son is now in grad school after graduating with highest honors from a private college. My oldest daughter is about to graduate from that same college this May, also with highest honors. My younger daughter will be headed to Murray State this fall on full academic scholarship. Our youngest son is currently a sophomore/junior and has already passed Calculus and taking Calc2 at a tutor school. My point? If you care to read forums on home schooling you will see most opinions believe we also have a doomsday shelter for the coming apocalypse, are members of some brainwashed, racist cult akin to Nazis, AND our kids have zero inter-personal or social skills at all. My wife's own aunt who is now retired from a career as a school teacher, once condemned us ruthlessly about the harm we were doing to our kids. She has since told us she is astonished and amazed at how well educated and socially adjusted they are.

I am certain there are probably some home school families that fit better into the common thought. But most of us are really no different than any other family. My wife and I both rode the bus to public schools. We are definitely not separatists by any stretch. Just couldn't financially justify doing it any other way from the beginning. Others will condemn us but this is what worked best for this family.
    That is an impressive set of achievements that is an incredible credit to you and your family. Are you sure you don't have a bug out bag and a bunker?

That is an impressive set of achievements that is an incredible credit to you and your family. Are you sure you don't have a bug out bag and a bunker?

I'm sure it's right next to that food that only needs you to add water to it and it lasts 25 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you. It sounds like you have a great family. You keep doing what you're doing.

The stereotypical responses of people never fail to amaze.

Nope, no bunker. I'm actually much too lazy to dig one. Plus, IMO, in case of extinction event or apocalypse it's probably better to be amongst the first casualties. I'm afraid I would be 'un-named townsman' in The Walking Dead.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure it's right next to that food that only needs you to add water to it and it lasts 25 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Good for you. It sounds like you have a great family. You keep doing what you're doing.

The stereotypical responses of people never fail to amaze.
    Trust me, I just go to work and do that thing. The rest is all my wife. I only do what I'm told.

When you read my post, please don't think I'm attacking you. That was just a legit question I was asking.
    No worries; I didn't take it that way.

Kevin Colbert doesn't call me up asking for my opinion on the acquisition of players, and Mike Tomlin really doesn't care who I think should be cut from the roster or how he should have handled the last minute and a half of a game.
    This is the gist of what I'm driving at. That applies to all of us here, so there's no harm in having others disagree with us and hence no reason to get angry about it. You get that and I get that... but I think there's a lot of people here who don't.

I have a son that is fighting cancer. He has a wife and a 2-year-old daughter.
    I am truly sorry to hear that. Cancer sucks and I hope he kicks it's ass.

Best,
    -Slashy

I'm in a pretty specialized technical field, so no worries on that front.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm in a pretty specialized technical field, so no worries on that front.
    Normally I would be one of the first to be critical of where this thread has gone, but it has become much more enlightening and enjoyable, considering how it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Normally I would be one of the first to be critical of where this thread has gone, but it has become much more enlightening and enjoyable, considering how it started.
    Now this thread resembles the Bendals. Lol. Unfocused and random at best. But there is some talent here.