Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: winners losers of Brown to Raiders deal

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: winners losers of Brown to Raiders deal

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yes I think the Browns have already won the Super Bowl and Baker Mayfield was just fitted for his gold jacket!!! And the Lakers signed LeBron so they're going to win the NBA Championship this year!!!
    Giants got 1, 3 and Peppers for a receiver that could arguably NOT be a Top-5 WR in the league.

Steelers got 3 and 5 for a receiver that is arguably the best WR in the league.

Both are head cases. Both have issues. One is just a lot more talented than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Giants got 1, 3 and Peppers for a receiver that could arguably NOT be a Top-5 WR in the league.

Both are head cases. Both have issues. One is just a lot more talented than the other.
    lets see if AB is actually the best WR this year. A receivers success is so dependent on having good QB. IF he has same kind of success I will be impressed. Im really hoping he and LB have shit years so my rationale is a little jaded but Im not seeing AB being the top receiver this year, or maybe even top 5. Ju Ju had as many clutch plays as AB last year. Some say its due to AB, probably a little but he still had to make the plays. Odell will be 26 when season starts, AB 31. Its not quite apples to apples either IMO. I will be first to admit I thought a first round pick was guaranteed for AB, and am disappointed with compensation but after all the drama of last year and the way he quit on team in week 17 I am relieved to get rid of him.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Age is probably the main reason why OBJ got a much higher return. If AB were 26, headaches or not, teams would have been banging the door down for him.

OR the Steeler FO would have paid him that guaranteed money he wanted.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I’m tired of trying to determine who won or lost a trade before a single snap of the football. Did the Steelers improve themselves with this trade is all I care about. I think that answer is yes as of today. Time will tell the rest of the story.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I’m tired of trying to determine who won or lost a trade before a single snap of the football. Did the Steelers improve themselves with this trade is all I care about. I think that answer is yes as of today. Time will tell the rest of the story.
    Considering the fact that AB would have sat out the entire year unless paid money, that the FO wouldn't have paid him... I'd have to agree. We'd have a repeat of a Bell situation that would have been a distraction all year. And who knows, more than a year since there was 3 years left on the contract.

Now? It appears we wiped the slate clean of distractions which is a plus. We get a high 3rd, and Colbert has a 50%-ish hit rate on 3rd round picks. If we can net another Conner, Hargrave, Sanders type player as a result of this, I'd consider it a W.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Age is probably the main reason why OBJ got a much higher return. If AB were 26, headaches or not, teams would have been banging the door down for him.

OR the Steeler FO would have paid him that guaranteed money he wanted.
    The injury issues that OBJ has, it’s not out of the question that ABs career lasts just as long as OBJs from this point on.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I know, but psychologically most GM's will pause when they see 31, but not so much 26

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

It is pretty clear that we got less than Brown was worth if we had really tried. The only question is whether there is really something so wrong with the guy that it is more important than a first-round draft pick and a player. Takes a lot of intangibles to make up for that much ...
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

So, if the Browns gave the Steelers the same exact deal, ya'll would be happy with that? Hmm

Once the Steelers edited their list of where they'd let him go, and Brown poo-poo's the ones he doesn't want, there aren't a lot of options left.
    Yeah, sure let him ride the bench to prove a point, but there's no way this team was going to go through another season of answering for a guy that didn't want to be there.
    Not if they could help it anyway.

OBJ will get his contract reworked and be the highest paid wideout again. Then what do you think Brown does? Think of all the money he just banked... no. He's thinking of how much more OBJ is getting.
    wash... rinse... repeat. He seemed a lot happier I think when he was working his way up from a 6th rounder and getting paid. The climb, if you will.
    Now, that he's at the top, he's gonna have to fight off every dog out there nipping at his heels.

okay, a 3 and a 5, not great but they average a low 2nd. Which, if the Steelers wanted to trade their 20 and 52, they could get "close" to #10 and step in front of the Bengals for *someone... and still would have that "late 2nd rounder". The Steelers have 10 picks this year. They need to make some moves with them.

Anyway, he's gone now. Don't like how it happened. Wish he hadn't lost his mind, but now all we have is the lemons. So, make lemonade.

#usemoreclichés

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Uh ... that's not lemonade.

Glass of piss, anyone?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Antonio Brown's introductory press conference with the Oakland #Raiders is running late. He's yet to show up at the facility.
    Raiders might as well learn right away to play by AB's rules...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Raiders might as well learn right away to play by AB's rules...
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

One hasn't spent the last two months poisoning all the wells and burning all the bridges on his way out of town.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    One hasn't spent the last two months poisoning all the wells and burning all the bridges on his way out of town.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao!
    Man, you can't be serious. I can't say I'm not surprised though.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

so when do we get our top 40 draft pick.. the 3rd and 5th was a joke, right???

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Some thoughts from AB at today's press conference

On whether he regrets anything that’s happened with the Steelers over the past year

“To any kid out there, from Pittsburgh … Pittsburgh will always be my family. Those guys gave me a chance when I was a 21-year-old kid. Obviously, people listen to the things that are being said and written. At the end of the day, it’s all about how you make people feel. I think I made people feel really great and really inspired. The way they watched me go to work. The way they watched me play. And I know Steeler Nation is having a bad day today, but it’s always love. I encourage every kid who ever watched me work and were inspired by everything I’ve done. And I hope I can continue to be a good example, continue to be a good role model and continue to inspire people all over.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201903130138

Like everyone on this forum, I know I have been really inspired by AB chucking furniture off a balcony and hope he can continue to be a good role model for the kids, including but not limited to Ben's kids on the 2019 Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Some thoughts from AB at today's press conference

On whether he regrets anything that’s happened with the Steelers over the past year

“To any kid out there, from Pittsburgh … Pittsburgh will always be my family. Those guys gave me a chance when I was a 21-year-old kid. Obviously, people listen to the things that are being said and written. At the end of the day, it’s all about how you make people feel. I think I made people feel really great and really inspired. The way they watched me go to work. The way they watched me play. And I know Steeler Nation is having a bad day today, but it’s always love. I encourage every kid who ever watched me work and were inspired by everything I’ve done. And I hope I can continue to be a good example, continue to be a good role model and continue to inspire people all over.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201903130138

Like everyone on this forum, I know I have been really inspired by AB chucking furniture off a balcony and hope he can continue to be a good role model for the kids, including but not limited to Ben's kids on the 2019 Steelers.

Encourage? inspire? a great example? Your words are meaningless, you don't hold true to your commitments, you scratch, kick and scream to get your way and throw your teammates and coaches and owner under the bus, you place yourself above the team and everything Steelers. Then after that, you screw them one final time by making sure they get shit for picks. What an absurdity and contradiction. The guy is a mental case. If I were AJRII I'd ban the number 84 forever.

AB inspired Lamar Jackson to go over 100 mph on the highway, but take it even a step further and record it!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I still can't believe it went down this way. For years AB was the fucking man. To think what could have been with him and Ben. Could of been the best QB/WR combo ever. Just makes me sick to think about it...Fuck Antonio Brown

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

When you read Colbert’s comments about the AB trade he comes across so unpolished. He basically said nothing other than it was a good deal for the Steelers. I’m glad AB is gone at this point but I’m not drinking that Kool-Aid.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

When you read Colbert’s comments about the AB trade he comes across so unpolished. He basically said nothing other than it was a good deal for the Steelers. I’m glad AB is gone at this point but I’m not drinking that Kool-Aid.

Agreed, the scary part to me is, I think Rooney, Colbert, and Tomlin all think alike.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    [/B]Agreed, the scary part to me is, I think Rooney, Colbert, and Tomlin all think alike.
    They must all go on bonding retreats during the offseason.

munchy

[/B]Agreed, the scary part to me is, I think Rooney, Colbert, and Tomlin all think alike.
    they all think everything is fine and that they had nothing to do with AB acting the way he did
    AB bent over rooney= rooney takes a photo with him and says nice things
    AB bent over colbert = colbert says what a great player and team mate he was and says we made out good with the draft picks
    thank god the HC (head clown) doesnt have a microphone in front of him

trying to make ourselves feel better about the AB trade by saying 'wait until he does this or that' is ignorant. who cares about the raiders? we need to focus on how ignorant our leadership is.
    'we're not going to change the way we do things'.................really?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Tougher to come across as polished when you have to pretend what happened rather than say what actually happened.

Colbert presumably would have been more polished if he admitted this situation has been falling apart for years with a player who wanted more money that we were not going to give him and once we decided to get rid of him at any cost we got little in return because he screwed us repeatedly with his public comments while dictating where he would go

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I guess they could go scorched earth and trash AB loudly and repeatedly. Put out every issue, mistake, and bad action by the player. Clown on his demands and $$$ issues.

But what in the how many years of this franchise makes anyone believe that Rooney would ever sign off on that? They have never, even when well deserved, trashed a player.

Also, you start trashing guys, wonder how long before other NFL players start crossing you off the list...I suspect there is a strong and deep divide between public presentation and private beliefs.

The guy is a mental case. If I were AJRII I'd ban the number 84 forever.
    I would try to make certain someone on the 2019 team wears #84.

Only the numbers of Ernie Stautner (#70) and Mean Joe have been retired while a few other numbers (such as 12, 32, 58) for Steelers greats have not been recirculated. AB certainly does belong not in that company after burning his bridges.

Better to send the message that he is now just another former player who lost any entitlement to being grouped with those having a number that does not get passed along and that the Steelers are looking forward not back.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Only the numbers of Ernie Stautner (#70) and Mean Joe have been retired while a few other numbers (such as 12, 32, 58) for Steelers greats have not been recirculated. AB certainly does belong not in that company after burning his bridges.

Better to send the message that he is now just another former player who lost any entitlement to being grouped with those having a number that does not get passed along and that the Steelers are looking forward not back.
    What if juju changed his number to 84? Lol.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I guess they could go scorched earth and trash AB loudly and repeatedly. Put out every issue, mistake, and bad action by the player. Clown on his demands and $$$ issues.

But what in the how many years of this franchise makes anyone believe that Rooney would ever sign off on that? They have never, even when well deserved, trashed a player.

Also, you start trashing guys, wonder how long before other NFL players start crossing you off the list...I suspect there is a strong and deep divide between public presentation and private beliefs.
    Was not suggesting that Colbert go down that road, which would be counterproductive.

Just saying it requires a particular skill set to be able to claim a five star cluster had a favorable outcome with the same apparent credibility as telling the truth. Colbert apparently is not among those having that talent.

Good point, TJ Hockenson can wears #84.