Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency 2019

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Free Agency 2019

Browns may actually win the division next year

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    We are definitely headed for a 1980's course. Ben will retire at some point in the near future and we will fall into chasm like we did after Bradshaw retired. The Browns will dominate the division for about 10 years with Mayfield. Tomlin will eventually be fired after his 3rd straight 6-10 year and the cycle will spin back.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Every year, Steelers sit and wait as teams around them get better and better but they still compete annually...getting to the playoffs and getting bounced is just their thing. Never going to get a top notch free agent or. Difference maker...not with this management...which is fine...I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

Colbert is the new Huntington. But anyways didn't expect as to do anything, just bau

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

At least the Ravens are losing players...

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Contract for Hicks was not insane.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. Anyone remain on the “wishlist”? One of these days the front office will step up...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The team has under 10 maybe 12 million in usable cap space. The rest is the draft class and in-season contingency.

Has anyone useful signed for under $10 million yet?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have wanted any of the players who have signed to date for the contracts they signed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The team has under 10 maybe 12 million in usable cap space. The rest is the draft class and in-season contingency.

Has anyone useful signed for under $10 million yet?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have wanted any of the players who have signed to date for the contracts they signed for.
    Cap space can be manipulated to fit however you need though. Just because it’s only $12M in cap space doesn’t mean they can’t get a guy for $14M/Year and get it down to around $7M for cap space...

But you are right, the guys getting signed are being overpaid...

Anthony Barr has decided to stay with the Vikings after saying he’d go to the Jets...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The Packers just overpaid for two pass rusher that are not better than Bud Dupree.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Looks like that Bell guy is gonna be a Ratturd .... we will get to punish him 2x a year
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Junior Member Array title="lt194camaroz is an unknown quantity at this point">

Fowler at ESPN said we've been in contact with Tyrell Williams. I'm kinda meh on it bc I wanted CB and ILB situations looked at before WR, but at least hes pretty good

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    That's a reasonable price.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by lt194camaroz View Post
    Fowler at ESPN said we've been in contact with Tyrell Williams. I'm kinda meh on it bc I wanted CB and ILB situations looked at before WR, but at least hes pretty good
    They should be in contact with every free agent. Otherwise, they aren’t doing their due diligence.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Well we're sure making moves in free agency... Not. We hear the same thing from Colbert every year but it's more of the same sitting on his hands until they're numb. Then a couple ho-hum signings of 3rd tier scraps or some vet with injury issues

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well we're sure making moves in free agency... Not. We hear the same thing from Colbert every year but it's more of the same sitting on his hands until they're numb. Then a couple ho-hum signings of 3rd tier scraps or some vet with injury issues
    Colbert told everyone that they were not going to make a splash move.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Looks like that Bell guy is gonna be a Ratturd .... we will get to punish him 2x a year
    They have the $$$ but I would wager they have been sucked into a bidding war - Bell is going to whichever team pays him the most

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I truly hope it works out that way. It'll add a new dimesnsion to the two rivalry games. I really think LB's best years are behind him. He'll get his yards via volume, but it's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I truly hope it works out that way. It'll add a new dimesnsion to the two rivalry games. I really think LB's best years are behind him. He'll get his yards via volume, but it's not the same.
    and they gutted their def in order to sign him ( if they actually do )

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    The Steelers will win the AFC North in 2019. Never doubt.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Lot of fake accounts posting where Leave'on is signing. Even dumb ass Douchette got fooled. Lol

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Nice payday for the Outlaw - the $$$ being thrown around the past few days are insane

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The Packers just overpaid for two pass rusher that are not better than Bud Dupree.
    What they paid versus what they are getting is just hard to believe. I think one of those guys had like 30 or 40% of his sacks come in one game.

I know few will agree, but if that is what "any random pass rusher who could do better" costs on the FA market, then I would rather just roll Dupree out there for 9 million and change.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

What they paid versus what they are getting is just hard to believe. I think one of those guys had like 30 or 40% of his sacks come in one game.

I know few will agree, but if that is what "any random pass rusher who could do better" costs on the FA market, then I would rather just roll Dupree out there for 9 million and change.
    I bet they were all dong sacks too

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Nice payday for the Outlaw - the $$$ being thrown around the past few days are insane

just over $6 million a year for Jesse James? Other than being tall what does he really do all that well? That is ludicrous.

just over $6 million a year for Jesse James? Other than being tall what does he really do all that well? That is ludicrous.
    I always viewed him as a reliable "OK" tight end. Not great at blocking, not great at receiving, and definitely not good after the catch. But he's rarely ever injured, which is probably his best ability. With that said, he won't win you many games, but also won't blow it. Worth it at that price? They can have him. I wish him luck though since I always liked the kid. I always considered him more of a serviceable #2 TE, but not someone you want as an every week starter. The talent difference between him and McDonald was glaringly obvious.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The fact that other teams are overpaying shitty players does not make it a smart move to overpay our own shitty player. We're just making the same stupid mistake as them. Paying $9M for nothing.

Weren't you the one who just said yesterday that NFL front office people are stupid for blindly following conventional wisdom and imitating each other's own (often bad) moves? $9M for Dupree would seem to be a prime example of that, not an indication that we are doing something right.
    See you Space Cowboy ...