Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AB is now a raider .... ??

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Re: AB is now a raider .... ??

Steelers are obviously weaker on the field without AB and Bell. Neither will come close to producing their avg. over the last 5 years. You need to look no further than their production when Ben was hurt. AB went from the best in the league, to not even avg. stats. 75 catches for 900 yards and 6 TD's sounds about right. He'll fade away and disappear from the headlines as nobody will care about a guy, who's just ordinary. That will kill someone with an ego like his. He may be done in 2 with the 30M guaranteed, I see the potential for Oakland to cut him prior to year 3, when they figure out Derek Carr isn't the guy and start over.
    Dak Prescott made Amari Cooper look great, when he floundered with Carr. DAK PRESCOTT!!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Links to any credible reports on Ben forcing this?

I read Florio’s speculation on that this weekend but a lot of what he posts is just him guessing.

Long article by Bill Barnwell on ESPN.com makes some interesting points while concluding Mike Mayock fleeced Kevin Colbert

The Antonio Brown trade, at its core, is about money. It's about a lot of other things -- power, respect, aging and double standards all come to mind -- but at the end of the day, this is a trade about money, which is why I didn't think it was going to happen....

In the process of trying to push his way out of Pittsburgh, Brown eroded the organization's leverage. The Steelers spent the past two months publicly flailing, alternately leaking stories that suggested a trade hinged on getting a first-round pick, then suggesting it wouldn't. They set a final offer deadline for Friday and then let that deadline come and go. After news conferences and statements from various levels of the organization seemingly contradicting each other, they were forced to settle for third- and fifth-round picks from the only team that seemed seriously interested in bidding for Brown throughout the entire process....

There was no chance that the Steelers, who exploited one of the best bargains in football for years, were going to uproot their contract structure by giving Brown a new extension or even guarantee a future season with three years left on his current deal. Instead, they preferred to let someone else pay Brown.
    It's one of the same reasons why they weren't able to come to terms with Le'Veon Bell, who says the Steelers offered him only $17 million guaranteed as part of a five-year, $70 million deal. That contractual policy is going to cost the team both of its star weapons in the same offseason, and its cap philosophy is going to make it feel the pain of that decision in one of the final seasons of Roethlisberger's career.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...rs-raiders-won
    Pretty much speculation I'm sure but I could easily believe it. Brown really trashed Ben. Steelers have got to come to terms with better contracts that allow them to ditch trouble players before it too late. After reading all the ex player interviews it sounds like someone in Pittsburgh should have known to trade brown a year or two ago and got a Mack kind of haul

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Oakland gives up a good receiver for a first round pick. They get a receiver much more talented than what they gave up and only have to give up a third and fifth round pick.

Brandin Cooks was traded for a first round pick...twice...lol. TWICE and he’s not near the receiver that Amari Cooper is...let alone a guy that’s worth a 3 & 5...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I would think fans on here would be happy with this. The locker room cancers are gone. The Steelers now have draft capital to trade with OR draft multiple players for need positions. I call this a win-win-win. After all a 1st round pick COULD have turned into another Burns. Too much hype and/or grumbling for picks that haven't even happened yet. I believe Hargrave, Conner, Easy Money, were 3rd rounders after all. The circus has left town. POP THE BUBBLY!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I’d love to see the Raiders turn around and trade Brown for a first round pick to the Patriots, Browns, Bengals or Ravens...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I would think fans on here would be happy with this. The locker room cancers are gone. The Steelers now have draft capital to trade with OR draft multiple players for need positions. I call this a win-win-win. After all a 1st round pick COULD have turned into another Burns. Too much hype and/or grumbling for picks that haven't even happened yet. I believe Hargrave, Conner, Easy Money, were 3rd rounders after all. The circus has left town. POP THE BUBBLY!
    Yeah. I guess we will see what has a better chance of producing a winning team - talent or lack of drama.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Well said Mojouw

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Locker room cancers are gone yea. This trade just proves those in charge that let the locker room cancers to start is still here!!!!!!!!!!!! Bell and AB are just the symptoms of them.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

What the Steelers end up getting for AB. A project offensive lineman who Doesn't turn I to anything with munchak gone and a guy who spends his 1st year on the practice squad then gets cut the following training camp

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I’d love to see the Raiders turn around and trade Brown for a first round pick to the Patriots, Browns, Bengals or Ravens...
    SHHHHHH! You know what who cares at this point and Steelers are toast from here on out. Let NE get 7.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Alas... they could (at the trading deadline).

On the other hand, I expect AB to drive 100mph, crash into a couch (which he threw in front of his own car), and ride off into retirement in his private helicopter (with his “guaranteed” money).

I’m embellishing, but AB is on a downward spiral... towards something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Alas... the cold (at the trading deadline).
    On the other hand, I expect AB to drive 100mph, crash into a couch (which he threw in front of his own car), and ride off into retirement in his private helicopter (with his “guaranteed” money).

I doubt it and he will thrive in Oakland for a few years anyhow. If anything the Steelers are the ones on the downward spiral! What players even wan't to come to Pitt when everyone now knows the owner and etc. are jokes and not to be respected ?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I doubt it and he will thrive in Oakland for a few years anyhow. If anything the Steelers are the ones on the downward spiral!
    Maybe trading AB was the turning point for the Steelers...

#AdrianCooper

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Why would you love to see that. As a steeler fan I would hate to see that

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Any report or article even mentioning Bell is garbage, he wasn’t even on the team last year and hasn’t been a factor. “Losing AB and Bell in one season . . .” Did they watch last season? Did I miss Bell’s rushing yards?

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

new avatar check

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

AB is on a downward spiral, look at the events of the past year. Do you think more money or Las Vegas is going to solve it? He is 31 and isn’t getting any younger. When New England gets rid of their veteran players it’s smart, Pittsburgh gets rid of a 31 year old diva it’s the end of the world. No one wants to hear the chicken little the sky is falling bullshit anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    AB is on a downward spiral, look at the events of the past year. Do you think more money or Las Vegas is going to solve it? He is 31 and isn’t getting any younger. When New England gets rid of their veteran players it’s smart, Pittsburgh gets rid of a 31 year old diva it’s the end of the world. No one wants to hear the chicken little the sky is falling bullshit anymore!
    Thank you!

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

this just in...30+ year old WRs aren't highly coveted.

Look at Dez Bryant..he couldn't even get a job last year until like week 14

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I dont care who the Steelers get in the draft or free agency and part of me doesn't want to know. We know they wont get anyone good on free agency and they probably wont draft anyone good either based of of recent trends (2017 draft being a big outlier). This team is poorly coached and poorly managed.

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I dont care who the Steelers get in the draft or free agency and part of me doesn't want to know. We know they wont get anyone good on free agency and they probably wont draft anyone good either based of of recent trends (2017 draft being a big outlier). This team is poorly coached and poorly managed.

Because individuals and grown men have no responsibility for their own actions?

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Walk me through the last time Belichick took a $21 million salary cap hit in return for a third and fifth round draft pick for a receiver who caught over 100 passes and had 15 TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Walk me through the last time Belichick took a $21 million salary cap hit in return for a third and fifth round draft pick for a receiver who caught over 100 passes and had 15 TDs.

So what was the alternative at this point? You can't force teams to pay your demands and you can't force a player to be a better teammate and person.

Name the last time Pittsburgh had a psychopathic murderer on their roster.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I'll just say this, it's a bad return but if they hit on that 3rd round pick the return will seem not as bad.

Get a CB/ILB in round one, Deebo Samuel round 2, ILB/CB round 3.

They had to move on from AB, the longer they held on to him his value was dropping. (Keeping him was not an option)

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Alas... they could (at the trading deadline).

I agree. I'm not really happy with this. The Raiders are not the team for him. They are a few years away from winning ... at least I hope they win again. This was a bad deal IMO.

If they trade him for more picks... not so bad. I don't think AB is going to be happy in Oak/Vegas with a coach like Gruden. There won't be any special treatment.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yeah. I guess we will see what has a better chance of producing a winning team - talent or lack of drama.
    I don't really follow this post. We all know talent wins obviously. My point is we still have no idea what this trade will produce talent-wise, but we do know the circus act is finally gone. IF this turns out to produce players of the Hargrave, Conner, or Sanders level was this trade a bust? Would you today trade away any of those players to get AB back in the locker room? JuJu was unexpected. Shazier was unexpected. Hell even AB himself was unexpected. But I guess the best way to handle this is to point out all of the negative that might happen instead? Where I live the sun is shining, the weather is mild, and my kids are happy. I got no time for dwelling on negatives.