Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screw optimism - what's your WORST case scenario for 2019?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: Screw optimism - what's your WORST case scenario for 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Worst case???? Team plane crash. Other than that, rookies have major sophomore slump. Ben misses significant time and Rudolph is forced to play most of the season. DL injuries lets every fan know just how bad this defense CAN be.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post

I love Big Ben as a player, but if Rudolph were to show everyone that he can get things done and show that he can be a franchise QB....I would even be ok with moving on from Ben.
    Be careful, you are going to get a lecture on all the great things that Ben has done in this world. Might even be a new thread devoted to such greatness.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    To reflect the 21st century Pittsburgh economy it will be the Pittsburgh UPMCs

Team colors will be that blue green color of medical scrubs

After you buy your ticket and concessions the team will randomly bill additional amounts to your credit card several months later because the initial charge did not include unexplained adjustments to the bill
    Maybe Iron City Beer will become a sponsor instead, and as you come in the gate, they'll shove a 40 bottle up your ass. That would be a lot simpler.

I would've said Heinz, but a ketchup bottle just sounds a lot less glamorous.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Be careful, you are going to get a lecture on all the great things that Ben has done in this world. Might even be a new thread devoted to such greatness.

I am well aware of all the great things he has done. I have lectured people about such things many times myself.....

I just want the team to be successful. If the quarterbacks behind Ben don't show much, then Ben will probably be the best option as long as he is here. I just believe you can never say never in a game with a salary cap. My wish is that the team gets all the right pieces this offseason through the draft and free agency, and that the coaching staff is able to utilize the talent through scheme and inspiration to get the job done with Ben as the QB. To win a Super Bowl with him behind center and see him finish his career with the Steelers.

If something happens to Ben and Rudolph really shows the ability to be a very good quarterback, I think trying to trade Ben to gather more draft picks or players would make a ton of sense. This is about winning games and winning Super Bowls. It would hurt me to see him go, but imagine having a capable, young quarterback that could lead the team under a rookie contract and acquiring high draft picks to supplement the roster with the talent already here. The team would be set up for success for the next decade.

Make no mistake, I think Ben is and has been a great player.....but if the team goes backwards this upcoming season and Rudolph shows he can do it.....it's probably time to get something for him that can help the team. Ben would probably continue to play just to prove the Steelers wrong. He's a great competitor. Without his $20-something million contract against the cap and a good quarterback ready to take over...anything is possible.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

This continued almost blind loyalty to the coaches is not going to end well, I don’t see a turnaround with Tomlin.

Losing Bell and Brown is a symptom of a larger problem in the coaching ranks, maybe even higher. I’d love to be wrong but the Jacksonville game and this season’s playoff non appearance keep proving me wright.

Let’s add Tomlin gets another extension, can’t get any better than that for a morale boost