Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams starting to show interest in AB

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Teams starting to show interest in AB

so it begins

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Teams starting to show interest in AB

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    so it begins

Initial offers

Team #1 - box of donuts
    Team #2 - wash Colbert's car
    Team #3 - 2021 7th round conditional draft choice if AB makes All Pro next season

Steelers will be tested by paying the roster bonus in March if they do not like the offers and tell teams if that is it we will wait for the draft to see if something more reasonable is offered

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Initial offers

Team #1 - box of donuts
    Team #3 - 2021 7th round conditional draft choice if AB makes All Pro next season

Steelers will be tested by paying the roster bonus in March if they do not like the offers and tell teams if that is it we will wait for the draft to see if something more reasonable is offered
    Holding out for a stale 6-pack of Iron City Lite...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Interview with Colbert is on espn.com if anyone is interested.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Holding out for a stale 6-pack of Iron City Lite...
    I would play hardball and insist on a fresh 12-pack...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Honestly, teams would be stupid not to inquire. If I was a GM I'd factor in the toxic culture that seems to be in the Steelers locker room and think I could get the AB of previous years - a diva with a leash.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Initial offers

Team #1 - box of donuts

I'm still laughing too hard at "box of donuts" to read or type any further...lol. I've still got tears in my eyes

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

It would have to be cold too.....

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Iron City is one of the worst beers I ever drank, I'd have to be paid to drink any more of that

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Come on Cardinals, give us your 2nd and 5th.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Come on Cardinals, give us your 2nd and 5th.
    I think they can do better.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Iron City is one of the worst beers I ever drank, I'd have to be paid to drink any more of that
    I can't say I liked it very much either. The light version actually tasted better than the regular, which is probably the only beer I can say that about. That at least was acceptable, but ... yeah, I don't find myself reminiscing about either one much.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I think they can do better.
    I don't see a team giving up a 1st.

The 33rd overall pick plus a 5th is a good haul.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

I don't see a team giving up a 1st.

The 33rd overall pick plus a 5th is a good haul.
    I do and three teams already showing interest early!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The 33rd overall pick...
    The first pick in Day 2 is a trade-down scebario’s wet dream. Overnight, teams realize that “Name McGuy” is still on the board!!! In turn, you can trade back from that pick in exchange for a nice haul.

Oh... and, instead of a R5 this year, I think that we could get a R1 pick in 2020.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I wouldn't even keep talking with anyone who didn't start with a 2019 1st rounder and a 2020 2nd rounder.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I wouldn't even keep talking with anyone who didn't start with a 2019 1st rounder and a 2020 2nd rounder.
    Start?

Sort of like a car dealer expecting someone buying a new car to make an opening offer to pay above list price

If that is Colbert’s bargaining position he will have plenty of time to figure out how to get AB, Rosenhaus and the team to work together on handling AB not being traded

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Start?

Sort of like a car dealer expecting someone buying a new car to make an opening offer to pay above list price

If that is Colbert’s bargaining position he will have plenty of time to figure out how to get AB, Rosenhaus and the team to work together on handling AB not being traded
    maybe that’s what really needs to happen.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Start?

Khalil Mack was worth 2 #1's, a series of pick swaps, and a shiny new contract.

Amari Copper was worth a #1 and and he was going to need a new contract.

Figure Antonio Brown kinda falls between those two in value. If they can't get two high draft picks, don't trade him. The cap hit is the same either way. Sure Rooney will be pissed he has to cute the dude checks, but...

..If AB doesn't play, then he doesn't get paid. Actually the best cap scenario for the team. If he decides he randomly wants to play, then let him. As soon as he breaks rules, suspend him.

Trading AB for garbage draft picks and a massive cap hit in 2019 is dumb.
    Say AB decides to not report if you don't trade him. Great! The cap space rolls into 2020.
    Maybe he chooses to show up and play. Then fine, tell him he was every interest in balling out to rehab his trade value.

If they are willing to tolerate the social media and regular media circus and PR crap-fest, they can't lose. The only way they lose is trading AB for like a 2 and a 4.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I do and three teams already showing interest early!
    Means they called and said what's it going to take, then said oh ok thought you were kidding about not giving him away

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Figure Antonio Brown kinda falls between those two in value. If they can't get two high draft picks, don't trade him. The cap hit is the same either way. Sure Rooney will be pissed he has to cute the dude checks, but...

..If AB doesn't play, then he doesn't get paid. Actually the best cap scenario for the team. If he decides he randomly wants to play, then let him. As soon as he breaks rules, suspend him.

Say AB decides to not report if you don't trade him. Great! The cap space rolls into 2020.
    Maybe he chooses to show up and play. Then fine, tell him he was every interest in balling out to rehab his trade value.

If they are willing to tolerate the social media and regular media circus and PR crap-fest, they can't lose. The only way they lose is trading AB for like a 2 and a 4.
    Exactly. There's no reason AB is less valuable than Khalil Mack or Amari Cooper. None.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Exactly. There's no reason AB is less valuable than Khalil Mack or Amari Cooper. None.
    Mack yes, Cooper no way. If trade brown and our 3rd round for Mack

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The Amari Cooper trade is the best thing that ever happened to the Steelers in regards to AB. Cooper was left for dead and totally under-performing in Oakland (or wherever the Raiders are from now). Everyone said the Cowboys overpaid to turn around their garbage offense. But what happened? Cooper provided a jolt of life and one of the most vanilla and easily defended attacks in the league started to look like it had juice.

Not take a better WR in AB + a better coach than Garrett = WOW!

So yeah, I ain't talking to anybody who doesn't start throwing around high round picks over 2019 and 2020 like candy.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Colbert’s comments mean 28 teams have shown no interest in Antonio Brown

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 23, 2019

The leading receiver in the NFL over the last five seasons is available in a trade, and 28 teams have shown no interest at all.

That’s the flip side of Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert’s recent comments: Colbert said three teams have reached out to express interest in a trade for wide receiver Antonio Brown. Meaning 28 teams have not reached out.

Brown has 576 catches over the last five seasons, by far the most of any wide receiver in the NFL. What does it say about Brown that Steelers owner Art Rooney II declared on January 10 that the Steelers were like to trade Brown, and as of February 22 only three teams had even bothered to pick up the phone and call the Steelers to ask what it would cost to acquire him?

It says that teams think Brown is a problem in the locker room. It says that teams think Brown, who will turn 31 in July, isn’t going to be the same kind of player in his 30s he was in his 20s. It says that teams think Brown isn’t worth the $12.625 million base salary and $2.5 million roster bonus they’d have to pay if they traded for him.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...antonio-brown/

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Colbert’s comments mean 28 teams have shown no interest in Antonio Brown

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 23, 2019

The leading receiver in the NFL over the last five seasons is available in a trade, and 28 teams have shown no interest at all.

That’s the flip side of Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert’s recent comments: Colbert said three teams have reached out to express interest in a trade for wide receiver Antonio Brown. Meaning 28 teams have not reached out.

Brown has 576 catches over the last five seasons, by far the most of any wide receiver in the NFL. What does it say about Brown that Steelers owner Art Rooney II declared on January 10 that the Steelers were like to trade Brown, and as of February 22 only three teams had even bothered to pick up the phone and call the Steelers to ask what it would cost to acquire him?

It says that teams think Brown is a problem in the locker room. It says that teams think Brown, who will turn 31 in July, isn’t going to be the same kind of player in his 30s he was in his 20s. It says that teams think Brown isn’t worth the $12.625 million base salary and $2.5 million roster bonus they’d have to pay if they traded for him.

to read rest of article:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...antonio-brown/

What? Did this guy really expect there to be 31 teams interested in AB? This is what I expected, 3-5 teams.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    you never had Carlings Black Label have you LOL

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

you never had Carlings Black Label have you LOL

I'd rather drink Drano.

I cant say that ....

it would just depend on who was selected with that 2 and that 4 ....

we have had 1st round busts ( see Artie Burns , Jarvis Jones ) per example ...

we have hit home runs with later picks See AB himself ....

Holmes was traded to the New York Jets in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft (the Steelers eventually traded the pick to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for a sixth round pick, which they used to draft Antonio Brown, and reacquiring Bryant McFadden ... so the round isnt the sticking point as much as what you do with it but I agree you want as high of picks as possible as it maximizes your chances

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

“Mabel, Black Label”.

2 cases for AB? Deal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    “Mabel, Black Label”.

2 cases for AB? Deal!!!
    and a straight jacket.