Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not going to give AB away

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Not going to give AB away

https://nfltraderumors.co/steelers-g...give-him-away/
    Nice to hear that they are looking for the correct compensation. Hope Mr Colbert means it.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Not going to give AB away

Never gonna give, never gonna give

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Well, they have to put someone out there who is trying to act tough. I mean AB has been calling all the shots.

I truly think management advised AB that his actions are hurting any possible trade and they are not going to give him away. I hope they mean it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

“By no means will we make a trade that’s not beneficial to the Steelers organization,” Colbert said, per Bob Labriola. “We’re not going to give a discount on the trade market, and we’re not going to release him. We’ve had no active trade talks with any team about AB.

“We’re all disappointed we’re at this point. AB’s disappointed. We’re disappointed. We did agree to look into a trade and see it as the best course of action.”

I like the sound of that...it’s in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

This explains to me why we've never won a superbowl with AB and Bell. Ben, Bell and Brown only played together 56 out of 96 games.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    This explains to me why we've never won a superbowl with AB and Bell. Ben, Bell and Brown only played together 56 out of 96 games.

A few of those games that they didn't play together happened to be playoff games as well.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Just put the franchise tag on him twice and then let him walk getting nothing for him in return, worked with the last guy.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

give him the marcus allen treatment if we don't get a decent trade. he can rot on the bench for ruining his trade value. sure we both lose but it's better than him winning and us losing

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Just put the franchise tag on him twice and then let him walk getting nothing for him in return, worked with the last guy.
    That's only because Bell refused 2 very generous contracts that even his agent advised him to take.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

"Mr. Rooney, you can't use the franchise tag, he's under contract already."

"I don't care, we're doing it anyway!"

"But Mr. Rooney, there are still three years --"

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! I'M NOT BACKING DOWN THIS TIME!!! JUST PUT THE FUCKING TAG ON HIM ALREADY!"

"But I can't ... (sigh) ... You know what, it's fine. I'll, uh, take care of it right away." (looks at assistant, twirls finger around ear in the "he's lost it" gesture) "So, moving on ... we ready to talk about kickers?"
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

no wonder you never post except to complain you are clueless ..

what part of 3 years remaining on his contract do you not understand
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    give him the marcus allen treatment if we don't get a decent trade. he can rot on the bench for ruining his trade value. sure we both lose but it's better than him winning and us losing
    From what Colbert said today, that’s exactly what’s going to happen...lol.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I still think the Steelers get a R1 for him. AB is the best WR on the market and there isn't anyone one close.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Not going to give AB away

The more I look at it, the more a trade to the raiders looks like it will be the best option. They have 3 1st rounders and need a top WR. Trading AB for their first pick gets us Devin White and we keep out other first rounder for whatever else would be best for us. But I would be for also trading our #1 for their 3rd first rounder also, so we would get #27 and #4 and they would get AB and #20.

What do you all think about that?

I mean, ideally we want a top CB for AB and pick Devin Bush with our #1, or a solid CB and swap first rounders for a Devin White pick. Either way those fix our two most glaring needs on Def.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    The more I look at it, the more a trade to the raiders looks like it will be the best option. They have 3 1st rounders and need a top WR. Trading AB for their first pick gets us Devin White and we keep out other first rounder for whatever else would be best for us. But I would be for also trading our #1 for their 3rd first rounder also, so we would get #27 and #4 and they would get AB and #20.

What do you all think about that?

I mean, ideally we want a top CB for AB and pick Devin Bush with our #1, or a solid CB and swap first rounders for a Devin White pick. Either way those fix our two most glaring needs on Def.

how about Conley and the raiders 27 for AB and a 3rd ( even toss in Burns if you can convince them to take him ) ...

Corner issue is resolved

2 first round picks to find a ILB and the rest of the draft ( minus a 3rd ) to get a WR

how about Conley and the raiders 27 for AB and a 3rd ( even toss in Burns if you can convince them to take him ) ...

Corner issue is resolved

2 first round picks to find a ILB and the rest of the draft ( minus a 3rd ) to get a WR
    I would do that with Burns in and a 5th (maybe 4th). 5th without Burns, 4th with...lol.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Stop it!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Stop it!
    It’s gonna happen. They have three 1’s. Brown is a top 5 receiver. Just make sure that Carr kisses up to him.

All the Steelers need is a old fashioned bidding war for AB! I heard Jon Ledyard propose a trade to get Xavier Rhodes, it was Gilbert for Xavier straight up, but not a realistic deal. They got a bunch of corners and need O line help. For Xavier I go Gilbert and a third all day.

Silver and Black, Martavis Bryant! Stop it

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Anyone think #20 and #27 would package up to get in Devin White territory?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Anyone think #20 and #27 would package up to get in Devin White territory?
    I love white as a prospect and want him but no way in hell would I make that deal ...

there is a chance White could be there at 20 ..slim chance but a chance none the less

the process is still very fluid ....

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    All the Steelers need is a old fashioned bidding war for AB! I heard Jon Ledyard propose a trade to get Xavier Rhodes, it was Gilbert for Xavier straight up, but not a realistic deal. They got a bunch of corners and need O line help. For Xavier I go Gilbert and a third all day.
    That’s a no brainer.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It’s gonna happen. They have three 1’s. Brown is a top 5 receiver. Just make sure that Carr kisses up to him.
    And they need all 3. We don't need a 30 year old trouble maker, no matter how good he is.

The O line sucks, which makes Carr suck. AB would do nothing but bitch and cause trouble. Just keep him and let him rot on the bench.... Al would.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    And they need all 3. We don't need a 30 year old trouble maker, no matter how good he is.

The O line sucks, which makes Carr suck. AB would do nothing but bitch and cause trouble. Just keep him and let him rot on the bench.... Al would.
    He's not a troublemaker. He's Mr. Big Chest.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

AB refuses to go to a team that has no home.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He's not a troublemaker. He's Mr. Big Chest.
    ‘Mr. Big Chest’ T-Shirts Mocking Steelers WR Antonio Brown Set To Hit The Strip District

February 21, 2019

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Just days after Antonio Brown met with Pittsburgh Steelers President Art Rooney II for the official “break-up,” a new shirt taking a dig at Brown is set to hit the shelves.

Yinzers In Da Burgh, one of the more notable Strip District vendors, has come out with a “Mr. Big Chest” t-shirt. The shirt is mocking an Instagram live video that Brown posted the night before the Rooney meeting where he said that he wanted to be called Mr. Big Chest from now on. The shirt features Antonio Brown’s latest hairdo with “Mr. Big Chest Jagoff” written underneath.

The shirts will be on sale by this weekend for $10.00 each.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...ts-go-on-sale/

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    AB refuses to go to a team that has no home.
    Good!