Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    seriously.. we didn't make the bet, why must we suffer?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    seriously.. we didn't make the bet, why must we suffer?
    Humph. Keep it up and I'll find one even WORSE. I know they exist.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Humph. Keep it up and I'll find one even WORSE. I know they exist.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bell and his agent going on a media spin tour with ESPN and SI to put lipstick on their pig of a contract negotiation strategy

Turns out Bell's clown agent did not know Bell did not need to report last season in order to qualify for free agency in 2019 - masterful knowledge of the CBA there

Bell said Thursday he absolutely intended to show up on the team's bye week in Week 7 to sign his tender and get to work. But shortly before then, Bell learned that he didn't need to play any games to hit free agency. Before then, he thought he needed to play six games for an accrued season, but turns out he was free as long as the Steelers didn't tag him again. The Steelers ultimately decided the $14.5 million transition tag for 2019 was too steep.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...r-in-nfl-exile

Of course there was no master plan before then either. As Bell tells SI:

His original goal was to only miss Week 1. As certain events began to unfold leading up to the season opener, however, Bell started to contemplate missing more games.

"At first I was literally thinking like, 'I don't want to play camp and OTAs' because of the hurt in my body and I'm like, 'I'm not playing,'" Bell told Sports Illustrated. "When Week 1 comes, I'm going to come, but the things that kind of led up to Week 1, I started thinking, 'I'm not going to play Week 1.' After even Week 1, it started to build up and it's not making me feel comfortable."

Bell said he couldn't recall specifically what kept him from returning early on in the season.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/19/le...-steelers-jets

You forfeited $850,000 a week in salary and you don't remember why exactly you did not report? Whatever Le'Veon was smoking must have been damn good.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Bell said he couldn't recall specifically what kept him from returning early on in the season.
    yeah, smoking weed does make you forgetful.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Bell and his agent going on a media spin tour with ESPN and SI to put lipstick on their pig of a contract negotiation strategy

Turns out Bell's clown agent did not know Bell did not need to report last season in order to qualify for free agency in 2019 - masterful knowledge of the CBA there

Bell said Thursday he absolutely intended to show up on the team's bye week in Week 7 to sign his tender and get to work. But shortly before then, Bell learned that he didn't need to play any games to hit free agency. Before then, he thought he needed to play six games for an accrued season, but turns out he was free as long as the Steelers didn't tag him again. The Steelers ultimately decided the $14.5 million transition tag for 2019 was too steep.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...r-in-nfl-exile

Of course there was no master plan before then either. As Bell tells SI:

His original goal was to only miss Week 1. As certain events began to unfold leading up to the season opener, however, Bell started to contemplate missing more games.

"At first I was literally thinking like, 'I don't want to play camp and OTAs' because of the hurt in my body and I'm like, 'I'm not playing,'" Bell told Sports Illustrated. "When Week 1 comes, I'm going to come, but the things that kind of led up to Week 1, I started thinking, 'I'm not going to play Week 1.' After even Week 1, it started to build up and it's not making me feel comfortable."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/19/le...-steelers-jets

You forfeited $850,000 a week in salary and you don't remember why exactly you did not report? Whatever Le'Veon was smoking must have been damn good.

And here I thought his holdout was for a higher calling. I thought he was sacrificing himself so that all the other running backs would get their true value...…..

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Josh Harris knows why...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Josh Harris knows why...
    Apparently so

Bell jumps on the Ben is a bad teammate bandwagon in the full SI story

Bell says Roethlisberger wasn’t the only factor in his wanting to leave Pittsburgh—but “yes, it was a factor.” Bell says he and Roethlisberger didn’t quite vibe; Bell wishes they’d shared a “more open, more genuine, more real” relationship. He says players didn’t feel like they were treated by the QB as being on the same level as him. “Quarterbacks are leaders; it is what it is,” Bell says. But “you’re still a teammate at the end of the day. You’re not Kevin Colbert. You’re not [team president Art] Rooney.” ...

“The organization wants to win. Tomlin wants to win. Ben wants to win—but Ben wants to win his way, and that’s tough to play with. Ben won a Super Bowl, but he won when he was younger. Now he’s at this stage where he tries to control everything, and [the team] let him get there.
    He adds: “So if I’m mad at a player and I’m not throwing him the ball—if I’m not throwing A.B. the ball and I’m giving JuJu [Smith-Schuster] all the shine or Jesse [James] or Vance [McDonald] or whoever it is, and you know consciously you’re making your other receiver mad but you don’t care—it’s hard to win that way.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/le...gency-contract

IMO this is clearly bullshit on Bell's part. His contract negotiation strategy failed and now he is grasping at post hoc excuses for why he did not take the Steelers deal by repeating what he heard AB say to force a trade.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

@AtlantaDan

I’m waiting for Bell to bleach his mustache. Until then, I won’t take his words seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    @AtlantaDan

I’m waiting for Bell to bleach his mustache. Until then, I won’t take his words seriously.
    Not certain adding a bleached mustache would provide any help for someone who rambles like this

Click the video and you tell me if you can keep up with his thoughts.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Gold chain is thick, bro.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Apparently so

Bell jumps on the Ben is a bad teammate bandwagon in the full SI story

Bell says Roethlisberger wasn’t the only factor in his wanting to leave Pittsburgh—but “yes, it was a factor.” Bell says he and Roethlisberger didn’t quite vibe; Bell wishes they’d shared a “more open, more genuine, more real” relationship. He says players didn’t feel like they were treated by the QB as being on the same level as him. “Quarterbacks are leaders; it is what it is,” Bell says. But “you’re still a teammate at the end of the day. You’re not Kevin Colbert. You’re not [team president Art] Rooney.” ...

“The organization wants to win. Tomlin wants to win. Ben wants to win—but Ben wants to win his way, and that’s tough to play with. Ben won a Super Bowl, but he won when he was younger. Now he’s at this stage where he tries to control everything, and [the team] let him get there.
    He adds: “So if I’m mad at a player and I’m not throwing him the ball—if I’m not throwing A.B. the ball and I’m giving JuJu [Smith-Schuster] all the shine or Jesse [James] or Vance [McDonald] or whoever it is, and you know consciously you’re making your other receiver mad but you don’t care—it’s hard to win that way.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/20/le...gency-contract

IMO this is clearly bullshit on Bell's part. His contract negotiation strategy failed and now he is grasping at post hoc excuses for why he did not take the Steelers deal by repeating what he heard AB say to force a trade.
    Doesn't every elite quarterback want to have a lot of say in how the offense is run, and gets it? I mean Manning and Brady I'm sure call a lot of the shots in the offense, I'm sure Brees and Rodgers too. Quarterbacks that are limited by their system are usually that way because they aren't that great.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Have fun playing for the jets. Good luck against the patsies.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Both Bell and AB are dicks. But I’m not going to entirely dismiss what they say about Ben. Because much of it rings true. I mean the general manager comes out in a public statement saying that Ben is the daddy and the other 52 are his kids. Is there more proof needed than that?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Those mean older kids hurt my feelings so I decided to walk away from 14 million dollars.

That makes a ton of sense.

Also, is anyone surprised that the older by over a decade QB from small town Midwest America doesn't vibe with AB and Bell? Other than their employer, these guys don't have a single thing in common. I suspect all three are annoying jerks in their own way!

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Gold chain is thick, bro.
    And it’s cutting off the oxygen supply to his teeny, tiny brain.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Also, is anyone surprised that the older by over a decade QB from small town Midwest America doesn't vibe with AB and Bell? Other than their employer, these guys don't have a single thing in common. I suspect all three are annoying jerks in their own way!
    That is pretty much the crux of it.

Who wants to hang out at the club with jerks who are stupid as fuck and way into themselves? Other jerks who are full of themselves and stupid as fuck, that's who. Who wants to talk about your shitty rap tracks? Dumbfucks who are into rap music and want to be your friend so bad that they pretend to like your shitty version of it.

In other words, the types of people who "keep it real" with the likes of AB and Bell-Luther-King-Einstein are going to be the groupies who want to hang around because of their money and fame, which makes them feel like their own status is higher. The average NFL quarterback who has more money and more fame than you, and who would be "the old guy at the club," does not really fit that profile.

I mean, Ben does not have the reputation of being the smartest son of a bitch in the world, and is no stranger to nightclub/party shenanigans (of a slightly different variety) ... but if even he is not interested in hanging out with these meatheads, that ought to tell you something.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

We lose the best WR the game. We lose one of the best RB’s in the game.
    Yet, we’re all happy.
    Good riddance to two egomaniacs.
    AB now has Burfict as a teammate...love it.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    We lose the best WR the game. We lose one of the best RB’s in the game.
    Yet, we’re all happy.
    Good riddance to two egomaniacs.
    AB now has Burfict as a teammate...love it.
    We didn't lose Bell, he was already gone last season. Offense didn't skip a beat. We just lost AB, we'll see how they respond to that.

I'm optimistic, we still have the same starting o-line (Gilbert basically never played much at all), same RBs, and Big Ben is still our QB

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Thread closed.

All LeVeon Bell threads (and Antonio Brown) are now to be located in the Around the NFL forum

Just doing some spring cleaning and taking out the trash.