Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Re: Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

.... and flying under the fan radar. This is one guy who is super happy for all of the Mr. Big Chest media frenzy right now. Limelight isn't on him at the moment.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

So do we now not get a comp pick ?
    or do we?
    Can someone explain to me how the comp pick works?
    Can someone do my taxes?

I'm confused.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I think we get a 2020 3rd round pick barring some technicalities on how many free agents we sign. Could be a 3rd rounder or nothing at all, sorry that's not much help I'm sure someone else knows more on this subject than i do

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Good

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    So do we now not get a comp pick ?
    or do we?
    Can someone explain to me how the comp pick works?
    Can someone do my taxes?

I'm confused.
    This affects nothing with comp picks.

As far as the overall way of determining comp picks, it is a Top Secret black box, but basically all you need to know is that it is guaranteed to give us garbage.

Also, while most teams seem to get their gains and losses consolidated into a single comp pick that is either garbage or slightly less garbage, the Patriots get it spread out across multiple low picks for each player for some reason, and since all comp picks are in the quantity-over-quality part of the draft, that works out pretty well for them.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I wouldn't say they're all garbage. Wasn't Hines Ward a rd. 3 comp pick?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Good. He wasn't going to sign any tags anyway

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Yep, list of Steeler comp picks up until 2014:
    https://steelersdepot.com/2015/03/hi...y-draft-picks/

Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart:
    https://overthecap.com/compensatory-...llation-chart/

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Yes, and we got Brown in the 6th round, but that does not mean your usual 6th round pick is going to be anything other than garbage. Both cases are just the same random chance that you might get lucky with any pick. Like I said, quantity over quality at that point in the draft.

All a comp pick means is you get "a guy." It's about the most whatever-ish kind of afterthought to a transaction that there is.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Let’s see what he gets

If Bell’s agent says Bell is comparable to Todd Gurley my response would be that is true - both were injured and non- factors in their conference championship game appearances, so why would I risk a break the bank contract for a RB with a history of getting injured

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Good for him. Some team will overpay for him and he'll complain again.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So happy for the guy! Praise the lord, I could only imagine how bad it sucks to get paid 14 million a year to play in a league that millions of people would die for the chance to play for

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Good for him. Some team will overpay for him and that team will regret it.
    there, fixed that for you.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

It doesn't matter how big of a contract either Brown or Bell gets. As soon as another player gets a bigger, better one (which will happen within a year), both of them will start taking temper tantrums again because the contract they signed isn't good enough any more.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    lol, is that tweet real? If so ... THAT'S the best you could come up with after a whole year to think of a snappy send-off tweet?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    lol, is that tweet real? If so ... THAT'S the best you could come up with after a whole year to think of a snappy send-off tweet?
    well to be fair he isn't very bright
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

well to be fair he isn't very bright
    QFT

I bet if Martin Luther King were alive, he'd be pretty pissed at someone using his quote like that. Completely missing the point of his famous "I Have a Drink" speech.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

should have tagged him. It sets a precedent that all you have to do is not show up for a season and then can walk. What good is having the franchise tag in the CBA then?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I bet if Martin Luther King were alive, he'd be pretty pissed at someone using his quote like that. Completely missing the point of his famous "I Have a Drink" speech.
    He probably got the idea from his idiot agent, who also equates the NFL to modern day "slavery."

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I agree. Might have to amend it to "I have seen the promised land....a land of $14million dollars for playing a game ...and I have chosen to blaze a new path of smoking weed and riding jet skis."

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    should have tagged him. It sets a precedent that all you have to do is not show up for a season and then can walk. What good is having the franchise tag in the CBA then?
    Whatever, if a guy is willing to go a whole season of aging without pay so be it . He took his lumps to get what he wants. Buy I'll bet LBs contract will not be near what he expects and eventually dumbasses will.learn to take the cash pay the game and make more cash

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    He probably got the idea from his idiot agent, who also equates the NFL to modern day "slavery."
    Wouldn't that make him the modern day equivalent to a slave trader?
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
    Wouldn't that make him the modern day equivalent to a slave trader?
    I'm guessing Le'Veon Bell is Eskimo Joe, aka The Black Hercules

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Nothing would make me happier than for him and Mr. Big Chest to begin a steep decline this season. May they both be blessed with poor o line play, bad QBs and lose a step to Father Time.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Nothing would make me happier than for him and Mr. Big Chest to begin a steep decline this season. May they both be blessed with poor o line play, bad QBs and lose a step to Father Time.
    Outside of Ray Lewis I rarely wish players bad will but these two will be high on my wish list this coming season. Kind wish they both end up with Jets or bills and experience great heart break

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas