Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’ve said since September (?) that Bell will likely end up with the Colts. They have the cap space to pay him $25 million, and he’d be the perfect weapon for Luck (whose talents are being wasted).
    Calling it now, Bell will end up with the Dolphins and it will be for less than $10M a season. Certainly less than $12M. Most of it will be guaranteed and he will point to that as a "win" even though he lost $20M or more overall with the holdout.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Calling it now, Bell will end up with the Dolphins and it will be for less than $10M a season.
    I don't necessarily disagree with the Dolphins but I definitely disagree with the less than $10 million/season. people are going to be surprised at how much $ some team will offer him.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Since it seems to be the guaranteed part of contracts that are the cause of a lot of the disgruntlement, who gets the blame for these guys acting out/holding out? If the rest of the NFL is guaranteeing a larger percentage of long term contracts, are the Steelers merely being called out for being ‘cheap’? OR do we have diva players that are just trying to squeeze more guaranteed money out of what will probably be their last NFL contract? It could be some of both or none of the above but I tend to think if the money got right for both sides everyone would right back in love again.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Since it seems to be the guaranteed part of contracts that are the cause of a lot of the disgruntlement, who gets the blame for these guys acting out/holding out? If the rest of the NFL is guaranteeing a larger percentage of long term contracts, are the Steelers merely being called out for being ‘cheap’? OR do we have diva players that are just trying to squeeze more guaranteed money out of what will probably be their last NFL contract? It could be some of both or none of the above but I tend to think if the money got right for both sides everyone would right back in love again.
    We have a winner! Even the dumbest of these guys can figure out the difference between guaranteed and not guaranteed cash. If not, their agent will certainly explain it to them.

These guys are increasingly aware that they are one violent play away from not making any more $$$ playing in the NFL. So why play for a team that isn't willing to share that risk? Especially when 80% or so of the rest of the league is willing to do so.

That and the more ego driven "star" players in the league are starting to push back hard against the idea that the QB has to make the most money and be catered to the most. We are going to keep seeing versions of this across the league between now and the next CBA. And then the next CBA is going to be a bitter negotiation that could alter things as much as the rookie wage scale did last time.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with the Dolphins but I definitely disagree with the less than $10 million/season. people are going to be surprised at how much $ some team will offer him.
    Yeah, you're right. Surprised at how little they offer him!

Sorry, but I just do not see a bidding war erupting for the services of Mr. Bell-Einstein. Maybe he cracks the $10M mark by a little, but ... he is basically the same as the guys who were getting $12M or whatever last year, only with a ton more baggage, a year away from the field, and a lot of liabilities. Whatever he's getting though, it sure ain't 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    We have a winner! Even the dumbest of these guys can figure out the difference between guaranteed and not guaranteed cash. If not, their agent will certainly explain it to them.

These guys are increasingly aware that they are one violent play away from not making any more $$$ playing in the NFL. So why play for a team that isn't willing to share that risk? Especially when 80% or so of the rest of the league is willing to do so.

That and the more ego driven "star" players in the league are starting to push back hard against the idea that the QB has to make the most money and be catered to the most. We are going to keep seeing versions of this across the league between now and the next CBA. And then the next CBA is going to be a bitter negotiation that could alter things as much as the rookie wage scale did last time.
    Regarding the first part of your post - it is precisely because Bell is dumb, and because his agent is also dumb, that he could not figure out the first $40M of his contract offer WAS guaranteed, even in case of catastrophic injury, just because of the horrific cap implications of terminating the contract early. Only a drug suspension would've been likely to change that. Really a case of being too dumb to see what's in your own best interest.

Having said that, the second part of what you said is right on, and unfortunately it overrides the first, because at the end of the day, if you don't have a deal because the person on the other side of the negotiating table is stupid - well, you still don't have a deal. Even if guaranteed money works a little differently in our contracts than elsewhere, if nobody understands that because it takes 15 minutes to grasp and they are only interested in the 30-second sound bite ... we are absolutely at a disadvantage.

Guaranteed money is going to be the big sticking point for the next few years, it is going to get ugly in the next CBA, and it is a shame because there really is no reason not to. Probably the cap rules will get even more convoluted. The one saving grace may be if it causes a prolonged dispute thst leads to Goodell getting fired. One can only hope.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Yeah, you're right. Surprised at how little they offer him!

Sorry, but I just do not see a bidding war erupting for the services of Mr. Bell-Einstein. Maybe he cracks the $10M mark by a little, but ... he is basically the same as the guys who were getting $12M or whatever last year, only with a ton more baggage, a year away from the field, and a lot of liabilities.
    Le'Veon will crack the $10M mark by a lot...

Le'Veon will crack the $10M mark by a lot...
    Sorry, don't think so. If he does, it will not be by a lot.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Calling it now, Bell will end up with the Dolphins and it will be for less than $10M a season. Certainly less than $12M. Most of it will be guaranteed and he will point to that as a "win" even though he lost $20M or more overall with the holdout.
    The Dolphins??? How banal. I would have bet that you would have posted something much more clever, like...

Top Five teams Bell will play for during 2019 season”:

5. Cincinnati Bengals
    4. Atlanta Legends
    3. San Jose Sabrecats
    2. Thunder Down Under (Las Vegas)
    1. Steve’s “Basement of Debauchery” fetish dungeon (floor mopper)

The Dolphins??? How banal. I would have bet that you would have posted something much more clever, like...

5. Cincinnati Bengals
    4. Atlanta Legends
    3. San Jose Sabrecats
    Ok, fine:

1. Oakland Weed Raiders
    2. Miami Weed Dolphins
    3. New York Weed Jets
    4. Kansas City Weed Chiefs
    5. CAROLINA SEX PANTHERS
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Sex Panther is a formidable scent. 60% of the time, it works every time...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

5. Cincinnati Bengals
    4. Atlanta Legends
    3. San Jose Sabrecats
    Birmingham Iron! For 88k a year

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Leave'on is in the wrong sport.

Bryce Harper hit .249 last year and is getting $330 million.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Leave'on is in the wrong sport.

Bryce Harper hit .249 last year and is getting $330 million.
    13 years. $330M. No opt out clauses. As a Phillies fan, I hate that deal. As a Phillies fan, I’m happy to see Bryce Harper on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    13 years. $330M. No opt out clauses. As a Phillies fan, I hate that deal. As a Phillies fan, I’m happy to see Bryce Harper on the roster.
    I still remember Magic Johnson signing his 25 year $25 million contract in 1981 and people flipping out over that.

#weareold

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

As a Philly fan mice elf, I agree with what you said

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    As a Philly fan mice elf, I agree with what you said
    Although, it’s not my money so who cares!! Lol

13 years. $330M. No opt out clauses.
    I wonder what Harper's batting average will be 13 years from now?

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I don't understand baseball. How much value can one player bring to the bottom line? Those owners make more than NFL?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Leveon Bell is a Free Agent

What’s funny is when Harper gets his last paycheck from the Phillies, the Mets will still be paying Bobby Bonilla for another 4 years...

Sorry, don't think so. If he does, it will not be by a lot.
    how about if Le'Veon gets less than $12 million/year you win the bet and if he receives over I win?

sound fair?

how about if Le'Veon gets less than $12 million/year you win the bet and if he receives over I win?

sound fair?
    You got yourself a bet there, fat boy!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Another cautionary tale for Bell's drive for a Todd Gurley size payday

The question of whether or not Todd Gurley is healthy has been one of the biggest mysteries in the NFL over the past few months and although the team won't come out and say it, there's definitely some concern inside the organization about his left knee....

A team source also said that the team is concerned about the amount of hits that Gurley is taking.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...ing-offseason/

Bell's value is as an every down back. The Gurley concerns about injury along with wear and tear are a good fit for Bell as well.

You got yourself a bet there, fat boy!
    I'm actually in pretty good shape and not fat at all, my body fat % was tested last month at 24 Hours Fitness and I'm in the "athletic" category.

but I will drink a couple of beers to celebrate my winning bet with you once Le'Veon signs his ridiculous contract that some team will give him.

I'm actually in pretty good shape and not fat at all, my body fat % was tested last month at 24 Hours Fitness and I'm in the "athletic" category.

but I will drink a couple of beers to celebrate my winning bet with you once Le'Veon signs his ridiculous contract that some team will give him.
    How about the loser has to make Tom Brady their avatar for a month? Gayest picture you can find.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

How about the loser has to make Tom Brady their avatar for a month? Gayest picture you can find.
    there's some damn gay Tom Brady pics out there too.

got yourself a deal, never thought I would ever root for Bell-Einstein to get a big contract...

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

got yourself a deal, never thought I would ever root for Bell-Einstein to get a big contract...

What a sellout!!

Witness.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    What a sellout!!
    would you want a gay Tom Brady avatar pic for a month?

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

would you want a gay Tom Brady avatar pic for a month?

No.....I most certainly would not!