Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brown, Rooney meet: agree it's 'time to move on'

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Brown, Rooney meet: agree it's 'time to move on'

Wait a minute! AB is wanting to leave the Steelers? When did all this happen?

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    You know what they say around here, it's a good thing fans don't run the team

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

The fans might be correct in this case.
    Sure, there’s a reward having AB on your team, but the risk has increased quite a bit.
    They addressed this topic on PTI yesterday and both Kornheiser and (especially) Wilbon were clearly not in favor of acquiring the volatile head case he’s become.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Sounds like the Steelers told AB that if they can't get what they think is a fair trade for him, then he had better suck it up.

http://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/stat...81159715446784

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

Had the most productive six year stretch of any skill position player on the team.

You know what else is amazing? 3-5 Postseason record since 2011, and only scored 30 in one of those wins. The only other time they scored 30+, they lost.

This isn't a championship squad that is being broken up. If the 2004-2011 Core who had far more success than the Killer B's, be broken up, so can this group.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Ryan Clark: Teams Will Have To Ask Themselves If They Want AB In Their Locker Room

By Matthew Marczi
    Posted on February 20, 2019

Antonio Brown’s catch phrase used to be ‘chest up, eyes, up, prayed up’. That fell to the wayside with the rise of ‘business is boomin’’. But the dissolution of his relationship with the Pittsburgh Steelers has been good business for those who work in the sports media, which includes some of Brown’s former teammates, among them safety Ryan Clark.

Clark, who was already an aging, established veteran player by the time Brown came in as a sixth-round underclassman in 2010, has been one of the most frequent and most vocal commenters regarding the All-Pro wide receiver throughout the situation, and in fact helped to lay the groundwork for coloring his character profile.

After Clark related a story from the 2012 season just as Brown was getting a new contract that characterized the receiver as hinting at his current behavior, the wide receiver went on the offensive, attacking the safety and calling him an Uncle Tom.

That hasn’t slowed Clark down, and he weighed in yet again after Brown met with team president Art Rooney II, in which it was evidently agreed upon that the two parties should go their separate ways. “It’s kind of strange that this thing has just played out so long, and that it’s been such a lengthy soap opera from a team we aren’t used to seeing these things from”, he said.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/ry...r-locker-room/

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    here's what worries me most:

if a disgruntled player comes to believe that he can get whatever he wants by being as disruptive as possible then it sets a very dangerous precedent for the future.

THIS. The NFL is not to far away from having its players resemble NBA players.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Which is absolutely what the NFL players want the league to function like. Figure that means that by the next CBA, it is what we will see a significant move towards.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I don't think Big Chest really want's to leave the Steelers. I mean is he really that stupid to do the things on twitter to ruin his chances to play for another team? Well. after reading the wording of his tweets i guess he is a dumbass.
    He is that stupid, never a doubt

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    That's exactly what the NFL players want. A selfish culture where they can do and get whatever they want, while simultaneously badmouthing coaches and the owners and claiming to be victims of some sort of oppression. It's a pretty good set up.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I don’t think the NFL owners would let it get to that point. I think there’d be a long strike before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I don’t think the NFL owners would let it get to that point. I think there’d be a long strike before that happens.
    There's almost certain to be a long and ugly strike/lockout over the next CBA. The owners and the players want totally different things. The moderate voices of reason among the owners are all either dead or marginalized. Last CBA labor strife, the Jerry's (Dallas and Charlotte) were leading a bloc of owners that was out for blood and then Rooney and someone else old shool brokered a compromise stance that lead to the CBA getting signed.

Who does that now? Jimmy Haslem? Please.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Colbert said in an interview today that at least three teams have reached out to have preliminary conversations about Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler