Thread: Three-round MOCK Draft

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Three-round MOCK Draft

Amidst all of the “Who will replace AB?” talk, someone mentioned AB’s cousin: Hollywood Brown (WR, Oklahoma). I figure that once the bridge is burned with the Brown family, there’s zero chance we draft Hollywood. Still... here is an interesting mock draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ray-to-broncos

R1: Hollywood Brown, WR, Oklahoma
    R2: Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    R3: Iman Marshall, CB, USC

As I already said: we simply won’t draft AB’s cousin.

We’ve been discussing ILBs... a lot. Wilson is a better value in R2 (than at 20), becayse honestly, Wilson is only a R1 prospect this year due to there being so few “top tier” ILB prospects. He is more like VW than any of the top five ILBs drafted last year.

Marshall is a big, boundary cornerback. He has his flaws, but so does just about every player in R3. (Note: BlackAndYellow has posted about him a few times.)

Now.. trade AB for a pick which brings us TJ Hockenson (TE, Iowa), and we are set!!!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Re: Three-round MOCK Draft

using who was still available in that 3-round mock, this is who I would have drafted:

R1: DeAndre Baker CB Georgia
    R2: Mack Wilson, ILB Alabama
    R3: A.J. Brown WR Ole Miss

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Amidst all of the “Who will replace AB?” talk, someone mentioned AB’s cousin: Hollywood Brown (WR, Oklahoma). I figure that once the bridge is burned with the Brown family, there’s zero chance we draft Hollywood. Still... here is an interesting mock draft:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ray-to-broncos

R1: Hollywood Brown, WR, Oklahoma
    R2: Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
    R3: Iman Marshall, CB, USC

As I already said: we simply won’t draft AB’s cousin.

We’ve been discussing ILBs... a lot. Wilson is a better value in R2 (than at 20), becayse honestly, Wilson is only a R1 prospect this year due to there being so few “top tier” ILB prospects. He is more like VW than any of the top five ILBs drafted last year.

Marshall is a big, boundary cornerback. He has his flaws, but so does just about every player in R3. (Note: BlackAndYellow has posted about him a few times.)

Now.. trade AB for a pick which brings us TJ Hockenson (TE, Iowa), and we are set!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Somehow I ended up with:

Rd1: Devin White
    Rd2: Mack Wilson
    Rd3: Deebo Samuel

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Somehow I ended up with:

Rd1: Devin White
    Rd2: Mack Wilson
    Rd3: Deebo Samuel
    in that mock draft Devin White was selected before the Steelers' turn and Deebo Samuel was drafted one spot behind Mack Wilson in the 2nd round.

but I wouldn't mind if the Steelers drafted him in the 2nd round, by all accounts he was the best WR at the Senior Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    in that mock draft Devin White was selected before the Steelers' turn and Deebo Samuel was drafted one spot behind Mack Wilson in the 2nd round.

but I wouldn't mind if the Steelers drafted him in the 2nd round, by all accounts he was the best WR at the Senior Bowl.
    I just went with one of the mock generator sites and took BPA plus want/need. Just fell that way.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Question: Would you consider drafting Hollywood Brown?

I’ve outlined the cons, but the kid has plenty of pros.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

After dealing with Browns recent actions, drafting his cousin who goes by "Hollywood" doesn't sound like a good idea.

Consider all options. He is not his cousin...yet. What mindset does he come into his first TC with after AB maybe telling him everyone’s baggage and dirty laundry stories? I think that by the time he becomes worth the risk he will be off the board anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Consider all options. He is not his cousin...yet. What mindset does he come into his first TC with after AB maybe telling him everyone’s baggage and dirty laundry stories? I think that by the time he becomes worth the risk he will be off the board anyway.
    When would you consider drafting him: 20? 52? R3?

When would you consider drafting him: 20? 52? R3?
    Not at 20 for sure. Too many players I would take ahead of him regardless of the AB stuff. 52 gets iffy, IF there is a run on WRs in the 2nd(and we do need to draft one), IF we didnt go TE at 20 he’s a possibility, IF I dont have a 2nd rd rated CB or LB available. R3 is definitely possible. If he falls to the 3rd I want to know why. But yes if he’s there I do consider it.

Let me also say he is smaller than what I currently have in mind that we want. I’m thinking more of the Plax body type. I’m sort of fixed in on guys like Metcalf, Harry, Harmon, Whiteside, Ridley, or maybe even the 6’6” Hakeem Butler.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Not sure I would be happy seeing the Steelers passing up Byron Murphy. He may be undersized but he doesn't play like it. BM will be a future star.

He's my pick for #20.

Looking through the mock draft again, how does Brian Burns from FSU fall to round 2? This guy is a top 10-15 talent. He's going to be one of those SPARQ athletes the Steelers love taking, especially in round one. (Basically he shouldn't be passed on if he sitting there at #20)

Jaylon Ferguson is a 3rd round talent. He's Jarvis Jones. Great college production but not a good athlete. Doubt it'll be long before you stop seeing him in the 1st/early 2nd round.

I really like Jachai Polite also. (Along with Murphy as I posted above). I can see them taking a pass rusher round 1. Dupree is on his 5th year option, what's his long term outlook on this team? They also like rotating a 3rd pass rusher, I'm done seeing Chickillo.

Definitely believe round 2-3 is the sweet spot for ILB.

Man I would be very happy if they traded AB to the Cards for their 2nd round pick.

The thought of drafting...(From this mock of course)

1. Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
    2. Brian Burns, OLB, FSU
    2. Mack Wilson, ILB, Bama or Deebo Samuels, WR, USuC
    3. Terry McLaurin, WR, OSU or Terril Hanks, ILB, New Mexico State

@Born2Steel
    Hakeem Butler

@BlackAndGold
    UWashington has produced some really good secondary players recently: Budda Baker, Marcus Peters, Sidney Jones, Kevin King, & Desmond Trufant. Byron Murphy has my attention.

@BlackAndGold
    Agreed: R1 seems like a reach for most of the ILBs listed as R1 picks; whereas, I’d be fine with taking them in R2-R3.

Reports are that Hollywood Brown will miss The Combine due to a Lisfranc injury.

Nope. No way. Nope.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

If we get the cards 2nd, we need to move up in the first to get one of the Devin’s at ILB, period. That is our most glaring need right now.

After that I don’t care, but feel we need to go FA for a CB as our past drafts show we just can not draft CB’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    we need to go FA for a CB as our past drafts show we just can not draft CB’s.
    I agree. And, there are four very good CB free agents out there (who are much better than Sensabaugh).

Simultaneously, we have been at least “decent” at drafting ILBs. So, if we are going to spend money in free agency, I’d rather it be on a CB.

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

I’m all about ILB Jordan Hicks(aka Ordan Hicks). We have enough space we should be able to get a quality FA at both ILB and CB. Especially if we extend Ben, Release Burnett and what ever they decide with Gilbert and Foster.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I think the Steelers are D.O.N.E. with the Brown Family ......

I suspect the " make up for AB stats" will be spread out between Washington the TE's and Switzer ....

The team will be more balanced because of it run vs pass as well as the passing game distribution .

if they get good compensation for AB and use that compensation wisely people may be surprised to find out we are not only as good but possible better without AB...

time will tell
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now