Thread: Antonio Brown Says Roethlisberger Has ‘Owner Mentality’

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Antonio Brown Says Roethlisberger Has ‘Owner Mentality’

This entire shitshow falls on all of them, Rooney, Tomlin, Ben, and AB. We had the 3 B's now we have the 4 dumbshits.

Antonio Brown
    took to Twitter for an impromptu Q&A session today, which went about as well as you could predict. Brown was asked about the apparent conflict between
    he and Ben Roethlisberger. Here’s what AB said in response.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/an...ner-mentality/

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Re: Antonio Brown Says Roethlisberger Has ‘Owner Mentality’

I'm not going to pass judgement on Tomlin, Ben, Or AB I think they're all the problem and they all need to get their shit together and get on the same page.. It's such a shame with all the talent on this team that they are going to let ego's stop them from grabbing greatness and another superbowl. Hopefully ARII can fix this shit show.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can't wait for AB to tell us what first ballot HOF veteran QB doesn't have that attitude?

Aaron Rodgers just got a coach fired. McCarthy was on the way out but the clear vote of no confidence from the QB was the final nail.
    Tom Brady go the back-up Qb and heir apparent traded over the at least mild objections of the coaching staff.
    Rivers has loud opinions on everything.

The list could grow and grow. I mean, AB isn't wrong. QBs, especially really good ones, have way more power than other players. Franchise cornerstones that have been around for over a decade tend to do whatever they want, whenever they want, and realize they are not going to face many consequences as long as they still get it done on Sundays. But he is wrong if he thinks that changes anywhere. It is the same on every team and I'm more than a bit surprised that he doesn't realize that.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    I'm not going to pass judgement on Tomlin, Ben, Or AB I think they're all the problem and they all need to get their shit together and get on the same page.. It's such a shame with all the talent on this team that they are going to let ego's stop them from grabbing greatness and another superbowl. Hopefully ARII can fix this shit show.
    He's part of the problem. AB bitches about everything he doesn't get, I mean who else on the team gets a private rental at training camp? Tomlins signs off on this BS, how are the other players on the TEAM supposed to feel? Rooney must have permitted this shit. Meanwhile Ben is still telling everyone he's the leader after 15 years on the team.

See AB edit at the bottom

Edit: His second answer of the should be good news for the team he is trading for with Brown effectively denying he will want a new deal from his next team. This one I will believe when I see it (or don’t as the case may be).

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...n-twitter-news

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    He's part of the problem. AB bitches about everything he doesn't get, I mean who else on the team gets a private rental at training camp? Tomlins signs off on this BS, how are the other players on the TEAM supposed to feel? Rooney must have permitted this shit. Meanwhile Ben is still telling everyone he's the leader after 15 years on the team.
    Agree with you 100%. Believe me I'm not saying AB is without fault here to me he's the biggest Diva I've seen in a while. I think Ben doesn't help the situation out by saying the things he say's.. He should know better. Tomlin should be in control of his players and apparently he's not, wouldn't break my heart one bit if he was replaced.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Just my guess that someone has given AB the “owner mentality” talking point

AB should go all in as a social justice warrior and say Ben has a plantation mentality and is an oppressor of those engaged in the legacy of struggle

As posted above, QBs have been throwing their weight around on NFL teams forever.

But FWIW Ben could score some easy points by saying he will be dumping the Tuesday morning radio dramas in the interest of team unity. AB is not the only person on the team (I include players and coaches) who is tired of that weekly airing of grievances.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

AB should go all in as a social justice warrior and say Ben has a plantation mentality and is an oppressor of those engaged in the legacy of struggle

As posted above, QBs have been throwing their weight around on NFL teams forever.

But FWIW Ben could score some easy points by saying he will be dumping the Tuesday morning radio dramas in the interest of team unity. AB is not the only person on the team (I include players and coaches) who is tired of that weekly airing of grievances.
    My theory is that this is what you get when you have two "phonies" each trying to out Alpha leader the other. Both Ben and AB are self-centered ego driven jerks when it comes to football. Both play-act that they are humble "team first" guys. I think they see through the others crap and then get ticked off about it.

What's the old saying, you hate most in other people what you hate about yourself?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben has been given a lot of leeway from art. I think the only reason Haley was let go was because Ben didn't like him and fichtner was hired to appease ben. Clearly the massive egos of both are clashing and I am not sure AB wants to continue with Ben. Of course art will side with Ben and probably implore ab to get along further missing him off. Not gonna miss off the franchise qb even if it means further pissing off the star wr

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    My theory is that this is what you get when you have two "phonies" each trying to out Alpha leader the other. Both Ben and AB are self-centered ego driven jerks when it comes to football. Both play-act that they are humble "team first" guys. I think they see through the others crap and then get ticked off about it.

What's the old saying, you hate most in other people what you hate about yourself?
    I think this is spot on. We need vader29 to do some of his photo/gif work here.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I have to say that one of the biggest part of being a leader is knowing your audience - the psychology of your followers. This requires a certain amount of Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Ben falls very low on the EQ scale and I can see how the years of Ben calling out players in the media has taken its toll on AB. I'm not saying that AB is right, just that Ben was either totally ignorant or just didn't care about the effect it was having on AB. I think the Denver game comments about laying the blame on AB for the INT and saying he should have thrown to Juju 4 times was the beginning of the end.

Rooney needs to put an end to that stupid radio show that Ben does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Nail. On. Head.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Now we're listening to AB on Twitter? C'mon SD, do we even know that was AB and not some publicist hired to help AB get some shine back?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I have to say that one of the biggest part of being a leader is knowing your audience - the psychology of your followers. This requires a certain amount of Emotional Intelligence (EQ). Ben falls very low on the EQ scale and I can see how the years of Ben calling out players in the media has taken its toll on AB. I'm not saying that AB is right, just that Ben was either totally ignorant or just didn't care about the effect it was having on AB. I think the Denver game comments about laying the blame on AB for the INT and saying he should have thrown to Juju 4 times was the beginning of the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Nail. On. Head.

another Nail. On. Head.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Nail. On. Head.
    Agreed

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Agreed

This is unacceptable. This Steelers should ask their players to be coy, but ownership should trade this diva as soon as they get value for him.

The NFL is inching closer to NBA like player behavior. If needed, I'd be okay with Rooney not trading Brown ( who's acting as if he's a free agent ) and fining him up the wazoo every time he tweets something bad about the team.

Ruin his career if he won't; accept a trade, he's cross the line and has become a traitor not only airing dirty laundry but speculating about it too.

I'd like to see Brown go to the Jets. Eff him. When Ben was out, Brown is just a good player, that's it.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Agreed

I'd say he's inches away from getting his 5'10" 185 pound ass pounded and that would have happened if he said this during the season.

This is unacceptable. This Steelers should ask their players to be quiet for now. Ownership should trade this diva as soon as they get value for him.

The NFL is inching closer to NBA like player behavior. If needed, I'd be okay with Rooney not trading Brown ( who's acting as if he's a free agent ) and fining him up the wazoo every time he tweets something bad about the team.

Ruin his career if he won't accept a trade, he's crossed the line and has become a traitor not only airing dirty laundry but speculating about it too. Accusing another man who was never even charged of a crime of a double rape? Screw you AB

I'd like to see Brown go to the Jets. Eff him. When Ben was out, Brown is just a good player, that's it.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I'd say he's inches away from getting his 5'10" 185 pound ass pounded and that would have happened if he said this during the season.

This is unacceptable. This Steelers should ask their players to be quiet for now. Ownership should trade this diva as soon as they get value for him.

Ruin his career if he won't accept a trade, he's crossed the line and has become a traitor not only airing dirty laundry but speculating about it too. Accusing another man who was never even charged of a crime of a double rape? Screw you AB

The best part is listening to so many here still saying this is just as much Ben's fault as AB. We keep hearing about Big Bens mouth and everything he says, yet not a single word about this entire situation other than trying to protect AB publicly by saying there was not problem between them when the story first broke.

Ben is constantly being shown up on the field by AB. You rarely see Ben show up AB after a screwup or a drop. Ben doesn't scream and carry on while on the field like you see so many other quarterbacks do, yet he is constantly getting crushed by people here. Apparently, he talks to AB to criticize him or go over things to correct a problem without doing it publicly, and AB has a huge problem with it....and so do people here.

AB goes ape shit on the field and on the sidelines several times a year....he's a competitor. Ben doesn't go ape shit on anybody on the field ever......he's an arrogant asshole.

AB says Ben bashes everyone including coaches....yet he crushes his head coach publicly every time he gets a chance.

AB is attacking Ben about his personal life in public. You know, the guy with like a six pack of babies with different women....doesn't pay his child support...…is the guy that throws furniture out of windows in a fit of rage with no regard for people below.....the guy that reports backpacks with $80,000 and a gun as stolen, then got murky on the details of his story...….calls the police the very next day to report his Rolls Royce missing. Cops show up, he opens the door and says he found the car....closes the door in the cops faces...…..gets caught driving 100 mph over the speed limit.....threatens reporters publicly...…..etc.....etc.....etc.....

The fact that anyone can be pointing the finger of blame at anyone but AB is beyond amazing to me.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    The best part is listening to so many here still saying this is just as much Ben's fault as AB. We keep hearing about Big Bens mouth and everything he says, yet not a single word about this entire situation other than trying to protect AB publicly by saying there was not problem between them when the story first broke.

Ben is constantly being shown up on the field by AB. You rarely see Ben show up AB after a screwup or a drop. Ben doesn't scream and carry on while on the field like you see so many other quarterbacks do, yet he is constantly getting crushed by people here. Apparently, he talks to AB to criticize him or go over things to correct a problem without doing it publicly, and AB has a huge problem with it....and so do people here.

AB goes ape shit on the field and on the sidelines several times a year....he's a competitor. Ben doesn't go ape shit on anybody on the field ever......he's an arrogant asshole.

AB says Ben bashes everyone including coaches....yet he crushes his head coach publicly every time he gets a chance.

AB is attacking Ben about his personal life in public. You know, the guy with like a six pack of babies with different women....doesn't pay his child support...…is the guy that throws furniture out of windows in a fit of rage with no regard for people below.....the guy that reports backpacks with $80,000 and a gun as stolen, then got murky on the details of his story...….calls the police the very next day to report his Rolls Royce missing. Cops show up, he opens the door and says he found the car....closes the door in the cops faces...…..gets caught driving 100 mph over the speed limit.....threatens reporters publicly...…..etc.....etc.....etc.....

The fact that anyone can be pointing the finger of blame at anyone but AB is beyond amazing to me.
    this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this this

and did I mention .......

THIS
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

This whole offseason is making me wish I was a Buffalo Bills fan...

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

it's all Tomlin's fault

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Ben's radio show. Has anyone that keeps using the 'Ben thows people under the bus yada yada " talking point ever actually listened to it? Or are they just parroting a media talking point?

Any one??

I'm waiting......

I think the Steelers should make all the players shut down their social media accounts. They can have one like Ben's, which is run by a third party but no direct contact by the player to the public should be allowed. It's too bad because there are a few of them that are bright enough use social media responsibly.

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

You said it all and you said it well.Great post & thank you.

This guy is (AB) is disgusting. Please do not let him ever again put the Steeler uniform on. Get value if you can but do not bring him back. Note aside: Tomlin start performing like a football coach and not a phony politician.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

^^^ There’s a guy looking for some extra targets in 2019 lol.