Thread: Ben Roethlisberger's HISTORIC Rookie Season

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Ben Roethlisberger's HISTORIC Rookie Season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOSFvAcIh8I

I know this video was posted almost 2 years ago but it's crazy how great he was to extend the play when he was younger.....One of the first classic Roethlisberger moment was on the 10:32 of this video when he had extended a play and threw a long pass to Buress for a gain over 40 yards and he took a huge hit of the player of the browns...2 play later he scored a rushing TD head first in the end zone!

Classic Ben!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Ben Roethlisberger's HISTORIC Rookie Season

You watch Ben and the routes being run in just the Miami and Cincinnati games early in the video and it’s so far and away better than the plays being run today. There are actually receivers running creative routes and getting open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    You watch Ben and the routes being run in just the Miami and Cincinnati games early in the video and it’s so far and away better than the plays being run today. There are actually receivers running creative routes and getting open.
    I agree....I watched couple years ago the playoffs run in 2005 and the play calling was great

Ken Whisenhunt was a failure as a head coach when Kurt Warner wasn't his QB, but as an OC he was great with the Steelers....The Steelers in 2004 and 2005 were one of the best offense in the league in the first half and in the second half they were in the Cowherball mode to protect the lead and they were great at that too!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

As Ike said it n another video. Ben was a head of his time, when QBs were largely pocket passers he could move around and extend a play, sadly that you me has passed.

Damn I always wondered how things would be in not for the motorcycle accident

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

And he was the QB ever to win the rookie of the year....Before 2004,the record in win for a rookie QB was 6,Ben had 13!....I still think at this day,it was the best rookie season ever for a QB especially since he was the first ever to have success like that as a rookie QB...Dan Marino was also great in 1983 as a rookie, but he had fewer starts

Ben and Buress would have been great together if the steelers would have kept him after 2004...I'm not saying the steelers made the wrong decision on him but they were great together in 2004 before Buress got hurt....Almost 20 yards per catch and 12 yards per target in 2004 for Plax

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Even Faneca was wrong about Ben. When Tommy Maddox got injured in that loss to Baltimore, I remember him saying something along the lines of "we have this kid running our offense now and I'm supposed to be excited about that?", then he goes on a 13 game win streak or something ridiculous like that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Even Faneca was wrong about Ben. When Tommy Maddox got injured in that loss to Baltimore, I remember him saying something along the lines of "we have this kid running our offense now and I'm supposed to be excited about that?", then he goes on a 13 game win streak or something ridiculous like that lol.
    In defense of Faneca, the rookies QB at that time were never successful in the NFL....Ben was the first to change that in 2004!...He was the first QB ever to win rookie of the year and many have done this since in the NFL but Ben was the first!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    In defense of Faneca, the rookies QB at that time were never successful in the NFL....Ben was the first to change that in 2004!...He was the first QB ever to win rookie of the year and many have done this since in the NFL but Ben was the first!
    No doubt, it was truly a historic season in almost every aspect when regarding Ben's career. I bet Faneca was glad to be wrong in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    No doubt, it was truly a historic season in almost every aspect when regarding Ben's career. I bet Faneca was glad to be wrong in that situation
    true!