Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Antonio Brown uses Twitter as a weapon against Ben Roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Antonio Brown uses Twitter as a weapon against Ben Roethlisberger

The QB can say what he wants IMO, he is the franchise. In all walks of life including our work life, there is a pecking order, so its best to get in order or you'll get pecked.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    AB went scorched earth today and I hope AR ruins his career.
    Yup

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    The QB can say what he wants IMO, he is the franchise. In all walks of life including our work life, there is a pecking order, so its best to get in order or you'll get pecked.
    This is the facts of Life for most of us. Sometimes ya gotta eat shit and smile, if you want to make bank

Merry Christmas

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

What language on Google translate am i supposed to be using for these Twitters again...

My head hurts figuring out wtf they are even trying to say most of the time.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Basically they say seeya bye.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    What language on Google translate am i supposed to be using for these Twitters again...

My head hurts figuring out wtf they are even trying to say most of the time.
    its not the twitters ...

its AB he would flunk 3rd grade English
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    its not the twitters ...

its AB he would flunk 3rd grade English
    For sure! My 8 year old daughter can write way better than AB.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, but didn't the QB fire shots at his WR's? Double standard....which is pretty much what started this entire situation anyways. Either way, in 5 years I will still be a Steeler fan and both of these clowns will likely be retired.
    It is a double standard but QBs as far as heirarchy goes are one step below the coach (especially a franchise qb). Taking shots at the QB usually never ends well for the player who went on the offensive.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    It is a double standard but QBs as far as heirarchy goes are one step below the coach (especially a franchise qb). Taking shots at the QB usually never ends well for the player who went on the offensive.
    Where is this "hierarchy" printed or spelled out? I would like to see how it is organized.

I'm just don't recall Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis, Joe Greene, Reggie White, Walter Payton, deferring to their QB, who would be one step below the coach on this hierarchical model that you mention.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Where is this "hierarchy" printed or spelled out? I would like to see how it is organized.

I'm just don't recall Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary, Ray Lewis, Joe Greene, Reggie White, Walter Payton, deferring to their QB, who would be one step below the coach on this hierarchical model that you mention.
    I would bet it's that way with Brady, Brees and Manning. Hell, Aaron Rogers was above his coach.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Out of all the guys you mentioned, only Lambert and Greene had a good QB - Bradshaw. And Noll didn’t like him so his leash was very short.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It doesn't need to be spelled out, you just have to pay attention to how things go. You could bet your ass if any player fired shots at a HoF caliber QB their ass would be off the team, or at the very least in the doghouse. Rules were different in the 70s when 20+% of your salary cap wasn't your franchise QB

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Peter King is depleting that AB has used Twitter as a weapon... against himself. Reportedly, an “unnamed” GM stopped putting together a trade offer after reading AB’s tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Peter King is depleting that AB has used Twitter as a weapon... against himself. Reportedly, an “unnamed” GM stopped putting together a trade offer after reading AB’s tweets.
    I really think the guy has officially lost it. He's edging mental illness if he thinks he is doing anything to help himself

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

It doesn't need to be spelled out, you just have to pay attention to how things go. You could bet your ass if any player fired shots at a HoF caliber QB their ass would be off the team, or at the very least in the doghouse. Rules were different in the 70s when 20+% of your salary cap wasn't your franchise QB
    The point is that there IS NO formal hierarchy, but rather each locker room is a fluid situation. Guys like Reggie White could call out HOF Brett Favre, or Lambert -Bradshaw, Harry Carson-Phil Simms, etc. It just depends if the individuals can act as men and respect each other despite having differences.

When grown men cant disagree, but still respect each other as men....its called being insecure and childish. IMO, AB and Ben are both insecure children and Tomlin should have stepped in and been the adult to manage the situation.

The point is that there IS NO formal hierarchy, but rather each locker room is a fluid situation. Guys like Reggie White could call out HOF Brett Favre, or Lambert -Bradshaw, Harry Carson-Phil Simms, etc. It just depends if the individuals can act as men and respect each other despite having differences.

When grown men cant disagree, but still respect each other as men....its called being insecure and childish. IMO, AB and Ben are both insecure children and Tomlin should have stepped in and been the adult to manage the situation.
    Well that's true. I don't see a player like Reggie White doing it in a classless way. AB is going about it the wrong way though, he's literally firing shots at everybody.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Most of your examples are from before the money got looney tunes and the cap structure limited how many guys on a roster could get paid.

That's what this is about. AB gets paid less than Ben. Yet he feels he works harder than Ben. Ben makes visible mistakes and seems to not suffer serious consequences to AB. AB feels that he makes less on-field mistakes, but is asked to work harder than Ben.

This stuff may not be real and may be mostly an invention of AB's ego -- but it is real to him and he is a fool if thinks there is any NFL locker room where the 20-30 million dollar a year HOF caliber QB isn't running the show.

Heck, most of Jacksonville's roster thinks Bortles gets special treatment and that guy stinks -- but he is a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Most of your examples are from before the money got looney tunes and the cap structure limited how many guys on a roster could get paid.

That's what this is about. AB gets paid less than Ben. Yet he feels he works harder than Ben. Ben makes visible mistakes and seems to not suffer serious consequences to AB. AB feels that he makes less on-field mistakes, but is asked to work harder than Ben.

This stuff may not be real and may be mostly an invention of AB's ego -- but it is real to him and he is a fool if thinks there is any NFL locker room where the 20-30 million dollar a year HOF caliber QB isn't running the show.

Heck, most of Jacksonville's roster thinks Bortles gets special treatment and that guy stinks -- but he is a QB.
    Sure, we can spin this as its about money and not respect of teammates and men, but I think that journeymen O linemen, D linemen can interact with Diva WR's and QB's easily by being men and respecting each other.

I have a hard time thinking that Troy Aikman would have said in the media, that Michael Irvin needed to run a better route rather than he did, which ended up in an iNT....or that he should have thrown the football to Alvin Harper 3 times in a row on the goal line, instead of Irvin. I also have a hard time thinking Irvin would sit out the final game of the season the way AB did. Should be about respect and responsibility, rather than rights that guys feel entitled to.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Sure, we can spin this as its about money and not respect of teammates and men, but I think that journeymen O linemen, D linemen can interact with Diva WR's and QB's easily by being men and respecting each other.

I have a hard time thinking that Troy Aikman would have said in the media, that Michael Irvin needed to run a better route rather than he did, which ended up in an iNT....or that he should have thrown the football to Alvin Harper 3 times in a row on the goal line, instead of Irvin. I also have a hard time thinking Irvin would sit out the final game of the season the way AB did. Should be about respect and responsibility, rather than rights that guys feel entitled to.
    Maybe. Maybe not. I suspect Irvin was too high most of the time to give a crap. But I digress...

My original point that there are zero teams in the 2019 NFL that have a HOF caliber QB on a post rookie deal where if you make the coaching staff, front office, and ownership choose between you and the QB where the QB doesn't get chosen in 0.1 seconds. Why AB doesn't or can't recognize that is hard for me to wrap my head around.

Everything I have ever read about modern pro sports locker rooms says that $$$ determines almost everything. Just like any "culture" there is going to be a hierarchy and I suspect that a journeyman player goes out of their way to limit their interactions with the high $$$ players and even if they don't agree with them, they just smile and say "great".

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I really think the guy has officially lost it. He's edging mental illness if he thinks he is doing anything to help himself
    might need to change his abbreviation from AB to AC:

Ass Clown
    Antonio Cancer
    Antonio Crazy
    Antonio CTE

I understand what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think the point I was trying to make is it's a QB biased league any way you put it, and I don't see it changing any time soon. Franchise QB's eat up the biggest portion of the salary cap, so the team all the way up to the GM is the most invested in that one guy. People want to usually protect their big investments.

It's going to be that way until another position or all-world player proves to be more valuable than the QB. As great as AB is, that's not him. Quarterback is that one position where you can turn a losing team into an instant contender, or a fringe playoff team into a championship squad. If there's a squabble between a franchise level QB and any player, you can always bet that the management will side with the QB. AB is fighting a battle he can't win, and won't win. Sure, Ben was wrong to call out AB running the wrong route, but he's the QB. That's just how it goes.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I understand what you're saying and don't necessarily disagree with you, but I think the point I was trying to make is it's a QB biased league any way you put it, and I don't see it changing any time soon. Franchise QB's eat up the biggest portion of the salary cap, so the team all the way up to the GM is the most invested in that one guy. People want to usually protect their big investments.

It's going to be that way until another position or all-world player proves to be more valuable than the QB. As great as AB is, that's not him. Quarterback is that one position where you can turn a losing team into an instant contender, or a fringe playoff team into a championship squad. If there's a squabble between a franchise level QB and any player, you can always bet that the management will side with the QB. AB is fighting a battle he can't win, and won't win. Sure, Ben was wrong to call out AB running the wrong route, but he's the QB. That's just how it goes.
    Yep - it’s a copycat league and by far the most successful franchise since 2001 is perceived as having a great head coach, a HOF QB, and other interchangeable parts

Until another model overtakes the Patriots the way to sustained success is regarded as putting your chips on the QB position with a consequent impact on the salary cap. If that leads to the owner trading the QB’s heir apparent over the objection of the most successful coach in NFL history that is how the current day NFL food chain is set up.

If today’s salary cap NFL tied up so many cap $$ on the franchise QB back in the early 90s doubtful the 49ers could have simply told Joe Montana thanks for the memories but it is Steve Young’s turn now so time to say goodbye

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

AB has 74 TDs all came on the arm of
    Ben. There are very few places where he’s gonna see that again. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    AB has 74 TDs all came on the arm of
    Ben. There is no place he will ever see that kind of production again . Lol
    fixed it for you ....

took AB a decade ( nearly ) to achieve 74 TD's ..... he doesn't have a decade left and his abilities will be on the decline from here on out and never again on the rise
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now