Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UPDATE: Brown to meet with Art Rooney II

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: UPDATE: Brown to meet with Art Rooney II

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    It seems some inside the Steelers have known this was escalating, obvious not to this point but maybe we should become a little more like the Patriots in the way they structure deals and trade players. How is it they seem to always have an out on a player going south . For every branding cooks leaving to soon there is another they seem to cut or trade just in time.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

not every team embraces Ouija boards and voodoo dolls as much as Bill-i-cheat
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    not every team embraces Ouija boards and voodoo dolls as much as Bill-i-cheat
    Sold his soul man sold his soul

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How could Mike Tomlin have convinced AB that he doesn't need more guaranteed money in his contract? As soon as the ink dried on Odell Beckham Jr's contract the current situation was inevitable.

AB saw a guy act the fool on a consistent basis and get paid better than he did. AB saw a guy do what he had done for a career for about a hot minute and get paid better than he did. AB saw a guy behave in a ridiculous manner and get rewarded.

I'm not saying that AB is without blame or the Steelers are to be blamed or it is all some other player's fault. But I am saying that there is not a blessed thing that a coach can do when a guy decides he needs to be paid in a different way than he is. The only option that the Steelers didn't use was the NE model of trading the guy a year before the contract stuff becomes an issue. And that is totally out of Tomlin's hands.

AB is a creation of his own ego, social media focused narcissism, and rampant "Why Not Me-ism?". Throw in a dash of Rosenhaus enabling and "BOOM". Additionally, Tomlin made his point with AB pretty clear after the infamous Facebook Live incident. He said nonsense is tolerated until it is too much or a player doesn't perform. Basically, don't write checks you can't cash. AB did that in Week 17 of the 2018 season, just as Tomlin predicted he would. Then Tomlin acted exactly as he told AB he would.

I'm honestly not trying to be difficult, but what else could've been done? Ground him and send him to bed without supper? Most people want to pivot to either fines or suspensions. The max fine would've been chump change to AB. And you have to have a reason to suspend guys. Prior to Week 17, what would've been the reason -- petulant childish attitude?
    You pushed the fast forward button too soon. I'm not talking about the full-grown monster AB. I'm talking about "The Standard Is the Standard" whatever the hell that means. What you have here is a toddler (AB) running the household (Steelers) It is frustrating, embarrassing and draining of all emotions and energy. It's hell for not only the parents but everyone in public and with family and friends.

Tomlin gave AB a long leash over the years with little or no discipline. All this did was embolden AB to take it to the next level. I mean think about it, this friggin weasel (AB) has actually been calling all the shots, just like a 2-year-old running the home. I mean the guy is under contract and just decides he doesn't have to fulfill it. He doesn't show up for meetings or comes late, holds the team aircraft up because he's late and on and on. His buddy Harrison is kicked back in a chair snoring in a team meeting and after Tomlin lets them slide they bite him in the ass in the end.

I'm not saying Tomlin is totally responsible for the way this turned out but holding fast to the rules and dishing out discipline to everyone equally when the rules are broke would go a long way, you just can't start when the kid is an adult. I think most team-minded players would actually welcome this and I think they would respect their HC much more.

Players that go to NE know they conform or hit the road, that's really not a bad thing.

Now on to drafting TJ Hockenson
    Last edited by Shoes; 02-20-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    You pushed the fast forward button too soon. I'm not talking about the full-grown monster AB. I'm talking about "The Standard Is the Standard" whatever the hell that means. What you have here is a toddler (AB) running the household (Steelers) It is frustrating, embarrassing and draining of all emotions and energy. It's hell for not only the parents but everyone in public and with family and friends.

Tomlin gave AB a long leash over the years with little or no discipline. All this did was embolden AB to take it to the next level. I mean think about it, this friggin weasel (AB) has actually been calling all the shots, just like a 2-year-old running the home. I mean the guy is under contract and just decides he doesn't have to fulfill it. He doesn't show up for meetings or comes late, holds the team aircraft up because he's late and on and on. His buddy Harrison is kicked back in a chair snoring in a team meeting and after Tomlin lets them slide they bite him in the ass in the end.

I'm not saying Tomlin is totally responsible for the way this turned out but holding fast to the rules and dishing out discipline to everyone equally when the rules are broke would go a long way, you just can't start when the kid is an adult. I think most team-minded players would actually welcome this and I think they would respect their HC much more.

Players that go to NE know they conform or hit the road, that's really not a bad thing.

Now on to drafting TJ Hockenson
    I see what you're saying but some guys are just ass clowns. Based on what has come out over the last month or so, I am convinced that this got here one way or another as soon as AB decided he was "underpaid".

Perhaps the only thing that might could've sorta changed is that if he was forced to be more of a team first/discipline guy he goes to ownership first rather than social media. But what about AB's personality over the last 18 months would lead anyone to believe this dude has much respect for anything?