Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson has been making eyes at Antonio Brown, the wide receiver the Steelers are expected to trade soon. The oddsmakers have noticed.
    When one sports books put odds on the team Brown will play for in Week One, the Cardinals were first, at +450 odds.
    Other teams listed as potential Brown landing spots were the 49ers and Dolphins at +550, Packers and Colts at +700 and Raiders at +900.
    The odds of the Steelers keeping Brown are at +500.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...antonio-brown/

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Hard to believe the Bills are not in the mix ... they pretty much have Zay Jones and pull a few guys off the street = same results
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Arizona? Too bad they don't have a QB.

This should end well...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Who are they giving up? The #33 pick and a player? They have a good ILB?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I want patrick peterson

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Arizona? Too bad they don't have a QB.

This should end well...
    great for AB's stats.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ok. So a sports book made some odds. Interesting that the second most likely option was the Steelers.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol. AB is in the absolute best situation he could be in right now but he’s too immature to see that. Perfect scenario where the grass isn’t always greener. I’d love to see him land in Arizona with Fitzgerald and Rosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Patrick Peterson or Chandler Jones

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

would be great to see arizona trade back to 10 and gather some more picks ....

trade us 10 for AB and then Draft another WR with the next pick ( brown would freaking hate that ) ............
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

I wouldn’t pass up the 33rd pick and Hassan Reddick

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Who are they giving up? The #33 pick and a player? They have a good ILB?
    IIRC they had two good ILBs for a 3-4, who both got forced out of starting roles when they switched defensive schemes. At least one of them was mentioned as likely trade bait or a salary cap casualty. Unless something is going on that I just don't know, I think we would be very dumb if AZ was who the trade was with and we didn't try to fill that need.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...s-are-growing/
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Thanks for the article Steelreserve. I have been a big proponent of Reddick since the draft. The kid was a shadow on anyone he covered during the senior bowl practice. He also is able to pass rush. If you throw in the 33rd pick I’m saying a hard yes for AB

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    Thanks for the article Steelreserve. I have been a big proponent of Reddick since the draft. The kid was a shadow on anyone he covered during the senior bowl practice. He also is able to pass rush. If you throw in the 33rd pick I’m saying a hard yes for AB
    I'd rather they do what was suggested above, work out a multi-team deal where we get at least a top-15 pick plus a player ... But worst case I guess this would be OK.

Maybe we could also sign Buchanon as a FA if they let him go, which it sounds like they might.

Before they re-signed Larry Fitzgerald, I would've said try to bring him in too as a temporary replacement, which would've just been hilarious if we did all three.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    IIRC they had two good ILBs for a 3-4, who both got forced out of starting roles when they switched defensive schemes. At least one of them was mentioned as likely trade bait or a salary cap casualty. Unless something is going on that I just don't know, I think we would be very dumb if AZ was who the trade was with and we didn't try to fill that need.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/h...s-are-growing/
    I know they have ILB Haason Reddick, who they drafted in the middle of the 1st round a couple years ago. He's an athletic freak but underperformed.Perhaps a change of scenery to go along with pick 33...

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Reddick and #33 for AB?

Deal.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Just read OBJ may get traded as well. Should be a interesting March!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Steelers are still at 50/50. That tells you a lot if you know how to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Steelers are still at 50/50. That tells you a lot if you know how to listen.
    The meeting with Rooney could be a kiss and makeup... Guys like AB just want their ego stroked and all is well.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

The meeting with Rooney could be a kiss and makeup... Guys like AB just want their ego stroked and all is well.
    Or at least an effort to get some sort of public appearance/statement from AB after the meeting to dial back the crazy and quit depressing his trade value by his actions since the end of the season

Several weeks ago AB was photographed with Bill Simmons with the assumption that a Simmons podcast discussing all things AB would follow - I would not be surprised if AB's inability to string together coherent comments for any length of time blew that up. Need to get AB to stick to a script.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Or at least an effort to get some sort of public appearance/statement from AB after the meeting to dial back the crazy and quit depressing his trade value by his actions since the end of the season

Several weeks ago AB was photographed with Bill Simmons with the assumption that a Simmons podcast discussing all things AB would follow - I would not be surprised if AB's inability to string together coherent comments for any length of time blew that up. Need to get AB to stick to a script.
    There’s definitely signs of mental issues that have worsened.

I believe the meeting involves AR2 telling AB to stop being a assclown on social media so we can get you out of Pittsburgh. I’m sure AR2 is going to relate that the Steelers hold all of the leverage.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Patrick Peterson

That said, Peterson has come out & apologized to the Cardinals fans for demanding a trade last year. Plus, he has been tweeting AB to come join him in Arizona. (Funny how that works. A year ago, AB was tweeting Peterson to join him in Pittsburgh.)

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

That said, Peterson has come out & apologized to the Cardinals fans for demanding a trade last year. Plus, he has been tweeting AB to come join him in Arizona. (Funny how that works. A year ago, AB was tweeting Peterson to join him in Pittsburgh.)
    The thing is, this is not the NBA and players don't control trades. So no matter what either PP or AB want, all they can do is whine on social media.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The thing is, this is not the NBA and players don't control trades. So no matter what either PP or AB want, all they can do is whine on social media.
    True

I still find the switch (albeit on social media) to be interesting.

This article is from Jan 7. I noticed the Bears on the list but they have no R1 pick this year, who is trade worthy on their team? Maybe a trade plus aR2 or R3 pick?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billwil.../#12ac482e5e12

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    This article is from Jan 7. I noticed the Bears on the list but they have no R1 pick this year, who is trade worthy on their team? Maybe a trade plus aR2 or R3 pick?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billwil.../#12ac482e5e12
    Many of the teams listed feel that AB will bring them a Lombardi... meaning that they’d be drafting 32nd in 2020. Ergo, the Bears’ offer could look like this:

R2 in 2019
    R1 in 2020

The Raiders have 3 first round picks this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The Raiders have 3 first round picks this year!
    Tempting ...and, Gruden loves AB.

I still would rather have a “player”.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Tempting ...and, Gruden loves AB.

I still would rather have a “player”.

He does indeed, Ok and player and a R1.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-ra...ice-127670938/