Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Cardinals listed as favorites to land Antonio Brown

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Tempting ...and, Gruden loves AB.

I still would rather have a “player”.
    I also remember Gruden shutting Keyshawn down for the season due to his antics... You never can tell what's going through Chuckie's mind...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    He does indeed, Ok and player and a R1.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-ra...ice-127670938/
    Last season, the rumor out there was that Gruden wanted to get rid of Carr. Carr’s not great, but he’s pretty good... and starting-caliber QBs are difficult to find. (NOTE: Gruden now likes Carr. As DesertSteel said: Gruden is hot & cold.)

Maurice Hurst would be a good player to acquire... although, with Heyward, Hargrave, & Tuitt, we’d have to switch to a 4-3 to optimize their value.

Gareon Conley is a pretty good corner. Karl Joseph is a good (not great) SS. And, Arden Key has faired well as a person (his talent was never a question).

SUMMATION:
    There’s not a player there for whom I’d consider trading AB. So, it’d have to be the Raiders’ first R1 pick (plus one of them)... or, their middle R1 pick & two players... or, their last R1 pick & three players.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Last season, the rumor out there was that Gruden wanted to get rid of Carr. Carr’s not great, but he’s pretty good... and starting-caliber QBs are difficult to find. (NOTE: Gruden now likes Carr. As DesertSteel said: Gruden is hot & cold.)

Maurice Hurst would be a good player to acquire... although, with Heyward, Hargrave, & Tuitt, we’d have to switch to a 4-3 to optimize their value.

Gareon Conley is a pretty good corner. Karl Joseph is a good (not great) SS. And, Arden Key has faired well as a person (his talent was never a question).

SUMMATION:
    There’s not a player there for whom I’d consider trading AB. So, it’d have to be the Raiders’ first R1 pick (plus one of them)... or, their middle R1 pick & two players... or, their last R1 pick & three players.
    I would gladly take the Raider's #1 and keep our #20 for AB.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I would gladly take the Raider's #1 and keep our #20 for AB.
    Who would you take at #4?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Not another Kentucky edge rusher!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Not sure yet, all I've been thinking about is Hockenson the last few months.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I would take Gareon Conley and the Raiders selection at 24 , point being I just upgraded my secondary which IMO is a MUST this off season .... ( Conley is young and on his rookie deal so cheap financially )

now I have to upgrade the ILB spot and snag a #1 wr and still have 2 first round picks in order to do so ....

and I have the rest of the draft to upgrade and create depth elsewhere
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Not sure yet, all I've been thinking about is Hockenson the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I would take Gareon Conley and the Raiders selection at 24 , point being I just upgraded my secondary which IMO is a MUST this off season .... ( Conley is young and on his rookie deal so cheap financially )

now I have to upgrade the ILB spot and snag a #1 wr and still have 2 first round picks in order to do so ....

and I have the rest of the draft to upgrade and create depth elsewhere
    That is sort of my thought, as well.

Conley is a second-tier CB, but he’d be the best CB we’ve had (aside from Haden & Taylor) in a very long time. As a #2, I’d be very happy with him.

Haden, Conley, Sutton, Hilton, and even Sensabaugh is a good cornerback situation. Then, as you said, we have 20, 24, & 52 to draft a WR, an ILB, and... wait for it... a TE.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Only problem with Conley is he is a massive off-field risk. He has several incidents, alleged or whatnot, dating back to college. Or maybe just the one and it dragged out for a time.

Either way, if you don' like reading about players on Twitter and PFT, then Conley may not be your kinda guy.

All that being said, he looks positioned to emerge as one of the best young CBs in the game in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Only problem with Conley is he is a massive off-field risk. He has several incidents, alleged or whatnot, dating back to college. Or maybe just the one and it dragged out for a time.

Either way, if you don' like reading about players on Twitter and PFT, then Conley may not be your kinda guy.

All that being said, he looks positioned to emerge as one of the best young CBs in the game in 2019.
    We’ve already been dealing with an “alleged rapist” on our roster for a decade... we should be pretty good with it by now.

Conley was supposed to be as good (if not better than) his teammate at Ohio St. (Lattimore). Thus far, Lattimore is wat ahead of Conley, but Peanut Tillman was way ahead of Ike Taylor early in their careers, as well.