Thread: If I could change the NFL rules.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

If I could change the NFL rules.

If I could change the NFL rules.

1 ) Expand the NFL roster to 55 players, and let them all dress for games.

2 ) Move kickoffs back 5 yards so the fans can see returns. No one wants to see a touchback. If someone gets hurt, you have 54 players other players to use.

3 ) Allow any play that is not whistled dead to be red flagged, including judgment calls. Why not? If your wrong, it costs the team throwing the red flag a time out.

4 ) Hire a replay official team in NY of three people who can review red flagged plays, and show their vote to the fans. 2-1 or 3-0 = the team who threw the red flag gets the play overturned.

5 ) Offer ten game balls, and ten NFL jersey's to be raffled off to the fans in the stadium. Sure the odds are long, but I bet the fans would appreciate it. Surely the NFL can afford to do this

7 ) Make all concussions a 1-week mandatory out of action injury. If a second concussion occurs during a season, it's a two week out of action injury. For the playoffs, though it's a team decision.

8 ) The Commissioner must pass a vote of confidence every 4 years with 22 or more owners voting for him to remain in office. This would be slightly less than a 70% majority vote to keep him.

9 ) Eliminate Thursday night games. Move them to Friday night. Both the fans and players would appreciate this, I think.

10 ) With the decline in high school participation in the USA, the NFL will need to expand its horizons. The NBA gets lots of talent from Europe. Fund a high school football program in the larger cities in Western and Eastern Europe.

11 ) Go to full-time officials. Also, keep stats on them in terms of blown calls, firing the bottom 5% every year.

12 ) Cut one pre-season game, and play 17 regular season games with two bye weeks.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: If I could change the NFL rules.

60 second limit on all reviews.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

For me:

• Full Time Officiating. They can work AAF games to get extra reps.

• Each team gets three challenges. Anything can be challenged.

• Full Time Replay Official per game...also consults with main people in NY.

• Fines and suspensions for missed officiating calls or mistakes.

• Rosters should be expanded to 57. Dress 50 on game day. Increase both by 4.

• Thursday games are gone. Sunday and Monday Night only. Thanksgiving stays but only two. 2 Saturday games after college football.

• Pro Bowl goes after the Super Bowl and stays in Hawaii.

• Super Bowl winner doesn’t have to host opening game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

1) No penalties for helmet-to-helmet contact, the previous rules against cheap shots already covered that.

2) No special protections for the quarterback other than what was in place in, let's say, 1995.

3) Pass interference is capped at 15 yards, and there is none of the bullshit about who is looking back for the ball, and there is no pass interference on underthrown balls where the receiver suddenly stops so the defender runs into him.

4) Disputes over all judgment calls will be referred to me, and my decisions are final and unchallengeable.

5) Excessive bad calls result in the referee being not only fired, but beaten up. His house may also be ransacked, at my discretion.

6) Following the college example, any program found guilty of repeated rules violations can be forced to vacate past wins, including championships. Sanctions to be determined by a one-member panel that includes me.

There, that about covers it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...