Thread: What're the Chances.........

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

What're the Chances.........

.....of Moving Sean Davis back to Strong Safety and drafting a free while moving Terrell Edmonds to ILB to replace Ryan Shazier? (there's about a 10 pound difference and an entire off-season to rectify that.)

Then you no longer have to chase an ILB in the draft. Also moving on from Bell free and clear and gaining a third in 2020 VIA Comp and Trading AB to SF for their 2.

RD1 - TE - TJ Hockenson - Iowa Potential of Gronk and Heath Miller, either would be an upgrade if he stays healthy.
    RD2 - (SF/AB) - WR - Riley Ridley - Georgia Juju, Washington, Ridley, three players to replace the production of Brown.
    RD2 - CB - Rock Ya-Sin - Temple Haden Starts, Rock earns his way in opposite him over Burns.
    RD3 - S - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida Multi tooled player capable of doing everything a leader needs to do in the secondary.
    RD4 - ILB - Kahlil Hodge - Buffalo My VOTE for Sleeper pick of the draft and a replacement on our roster for 2017 FA Bostic.
    RD6 - (Oak) - OG - Ben Powers - Oklahoma Whether or not Foster leaves, he is 97 years old and it would be nice to have a replacement learning under fire.

Draft for Depth potentially at OLB and/or RB maybe Special Teams, etc.

RD6 -
    RD7 - (TB) -

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: What're the Chances.........

Hockenson will be gone by 20 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Davis played better as a FS.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Davis played better as a FS.
    Davis lead the team in missed tackles and made very few plays on the ball. While needs at ILB and CB are high, we could use a better free safety too.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Davis lead the team in missed tackles and made very few plays on the ball. While needs at ILB and CB are high, we could use a better free safety too.
    True... but, speaking specifically about Davis, he was still better as a FS (than as a SS).

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Hockenson will be gone by 20 IMO.
    I agree, so maybe Irv Smith Jr is the pick as a TE at 20?

The only problem is still ILB for Steelers is pedestrian. Lamarr Jackson will be coasting out of the pocket and moving the chains without an ILB with suitable speed to challenge him. I like the R2 pick of Ridley, but think that would need to be spent on an ILB if one cant be found via FA or trade. I would rather spend the R3 pick on a WR.

Khalil Hodge looked terrible in the East West Shrine game. Complete disappointment from all the talk of his tackle totals. He isn't even invited to the combine. Looks like a 7th round or UDFA to me.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Further on the East West Shrine game, Khalil Hodge had a stat line of 1 assisted tackle.

Maybe the kid had an illness that prevented him from playing, but when you ILB cannot make a takle in his final on field performance before the NFL draft, it has to say either something was wrong with him, or he just isnt good enough to play in an all star game with higher level of competition.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

many here believed Edmunds was drafted to be bulked up and turned into a Linebacker when he was drafted ...

Davis wasn't good at FS but he was better there than SS ....

secondary wise our #1 problem is nobody seems to have any ball skills , they play the result of the pass vs playing the pass itself nobody seems to have a clue how to track a ball and get there before the offensive player ...

maybe we should draft baseball center fielders and scatter them all over the back half of the defense I am not so sure the results would not be better ... I am certain it would be better in terms of turnovers and that may balance out the deficiency in tackling you would get from them ( I am joking but it is that bad )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

So, what I'm hearing is moving Edmunds to ILB isn't a bad idea and might even be the point of him being drafted. However, we have NO good Safety options and we need a Starting CB plus we'll need an eventual replacement for Haden. All the while Dupre might need to be replaced and Foster is still up in the air. While at WR, if Washington pans out we might be good at WR but we'd feel more comfortable drafting at the position until Washington pans out or not. Oh and no one on defense has any idea what it means to force turnovers.

*Move Edmunds to ILB

RD1 CB Byron Murphy - Washington
    RD2 (AB) S Chauncey Gardner-Johnson - Florida
    RD2 WR Riley Ridley - Georgia
    RD3 OLB Christian Miller - Alabama
    RD4 OG Connor McGovern - Penn State
    RD6 (Oak) S Darius West - Kentucky
    RD6 CB Damon Arnette - Ohio State
    RD7 (TB) ILB Kahlil Hodge - Buffalo

Does this sound a little closer or am I moving further away by not taking a TE this time around?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    So, what I'm hearing is moving Edmunds to ILB isn't a bad idea and might even be the point of him being drafted. However, we have NO good Safety options and we need a Starting CB plus we'll need an eventual replacement for Haden. All the while Dupre might need to be replaced and Foster is still up in the air. While at WR, if Washington pans out we might be good at WR but we'd feel more comfortable drafting at the position until Washington pans out or not. Oh and no one on defense has any idea what it means to force turnovers.

*Move Edmunds to ILB

RD6 (Oak) S Darius West - Kentucky

Does this sound a little closer or am I moving further away by not taking a TE this time around?
    insert TE Alize Mack ND in one of the rd 6 picks and should be all set lol
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

I could get down with Alize Mack at TE.

*Move Edmunds to ILB

RD6 (Oak) TE Alize Mack - Notre Dame

The notion that Edmunds was going to play ILB was wishful thinking by many, just because they thought the Steelers needed an ILB in the draft and didnt get one. IMO, Marcus Allen was a better candidate to play ILB if such a project was to happen, but either way it wasnt happening and was kind of silly to think so, IMO.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    insert TE Alize Mack ND in one of the rd 6 picks and should be all set lol
    if the Steelers want Alize Mack they'll probably have to use their Rd 4 pick to get him...