Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AB wants out

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

AB wants out

now that it is coming from the horses ass err mouth do you believe it now ???

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Re: AB wants out

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post

If he could clean up his act and public image we may be able to salvage a 1st round pick.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

who cares what he wants. he's under contract. make him sit out every year unless we get a 1st round pick for him

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    who cares what he wants. he's under contract. make him sit out every year unless we get a 1st round pick for him
    Well we're not in a good situation. Even if he's on the bench all year, just him being around the team will cause unnecessary drama. Maybe it's best to cut ties even at a lower value than we hoped? In these situations I'm glad I'm not the GM

Off topic but anybody else find it odd that the highest paid players are always the most unhappy?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Well a lot of fans want him out also.

Sick of the cancerous drama around this team.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

This shouldn't surprise anyone. Hope we can get a R1 for him. Hockenson is a very real possibility now!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So long! Thanks for all the fish!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Certainly a big 9 years for your stats, which of course is what it's all about

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Like ... sorry dude, it doesn't help us at all to trade you right now. That's a nice opinion, but try again next year.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Neversatisfied has a spectacular aura about">

Its strange, this(bad behavior)has happened with multiple players for the Steelers in the last 10 years. It might just be the culture in Pittsburgh more than the individual.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Eh...go let him rot in Arizona

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Neversatisfied View Post
    Its strange, this(bad behavior)has happened with multiple players for the Steelers in the last 10 years. It might just be the culture in Pittsburgh more than the individual.
    Bull shit...it happens everywhere

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Eh...go let him rot in Arizona
    Washington

Bull shit...it happens everywhere
    Agreed - Saint Brady got the owner to trade his heir apparent and nobody approaches the success of the Patriots

Seattle had the QB and the defense at each other's throats after the Super Bowl loss to the Pats

If there was today's social media I suppose in the 70s we would have read about the turmoil in Houston and Oakland since they could not get past the Steelers most seasons

The culture did not end Shazier's career or guide Colbert's doomed DB picks and trades

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

trade him to the dolphins or something

the Steelers hold the cards here, not AB.

he's on the wrong side of 30, has had recent legal issues not to mention his obvious character issues. no team is going to give us fair value for AB, meaning a first round draft choice and are we going to be willing to settle for a second round pick in exchange for AB?

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Like ... sorry dude, it doesn't help us at all to trade you right now. That's a nice opinion, but try again next year.
    Because keeping Bell worked out so well last year right?

Forget draft value. Cut the dude loose and move on.

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Well we're not in a good situation. Even if he's on the bench all year, just him being around the team will cause unnecessary drama. Maybe it's best to cut ties even at a lower value than we hoped? In these situations I'm glad I'm not the GM

Off topic but anybody else find it odd that the highest paid players are always the most unhappy?
    Because they are usually the most talented but they are usually the dumbest at the same time

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Certainly a big 9 years for your stats, which of course is what it's all about

those stats that are so ultra important to him are about to take a big hit ....

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    trade him to the dolphins or something
    Well, it would be interesting to see how long it takes him to start bitching with someone like Tannehill either constantly overthrowing him or one-hopping balls in the dirt to him.

There are MAYBE 7 or 8 QBs in the league who are actually competent enough as passers to keep him happy. And only one outside of the Burgh who could get him the ball consistently (as opposed to throwing it away) when pass protection breaks down (Rodgers) and AB breaks off his route to come back for the ball, which has been his bread and butter for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Well, it would be interesting to see how long it takes him to start bitching with someone like Tannehill either constantly overthrowing him or one-hopping balls in the dirt to him.

There are MAYBE 7 or 8 QBs in the league who are actually competent enough as passers to keep him happy. And only one outside of the Burgh who could get him the ball consistently (as opposed to throwing it away) when pass protection breaks down (Rodgers) and AB breaks off his route to come back for the ball, which has been his bread and butter for years now.

I think Bree's would fit that mold too but its a very limited skill set none the less

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Good. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What happens when he gets traded to a place he doesn’t want to go or goes to a place where a QB isn’t as good as Ben...which is probably every 7 out of 8 teams...lol

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post

he's on the wrong side of 30, has had recent legal issues not to mention his obvious character issues. no team is going to give us fair value for AB, meaning a first round draft choice and are we going to be willing to settle for a second round pick in exchange for AB?
    My fear is the Steelers misplay the hand...

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    My fear is the Steelers misplay the hand...
    how would you play it?

how would you play it?
    I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a first round pick to a team in the NFC and a team lower than the 20 pick. If not, I keep him and he sits...not getting paid for not showing. If he shows and is an asshole, he sits for conduct detrimental to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What happens when he gets traded to a place he doesn’t want to go or goes to a place where a QB isn’t as good as Ben...which is probably every 7 out of 8 teams...lol
    Then he can be their problem

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

I absolutely take a 2nd for him. But I don't think one will necessarily be offered. With his off the field antics and on the field insubordination most GM's and coaches wont want to gamble on him.

If I'm the Steelers I do this. I wait and see what the trade market bears. If I don't receive a fair offer ( 2nd round or above) then I inform AB he remains a Steeler. Assuming
    he'll skip minicamp and do additional insubordinate acts I suspend him without pay and open a complaint with the league seeking previously paid signing bonus back. If I can get total relief from the 21 million cap hit he's due to cost the team this season I cut him for cause and close the book on him!

I realize you get nothing in return for him this way. But what I'm hearing now is that AB isn't going to bring back more than a 4th and possibly not even that. So to me I'd rather get that 21 million in cap relief than a 4th or 5th round pick. And I don't care where he goes after that. Might be funny to see the teams he wants to go to most ignore his agents calls!
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Because keeping Bell worked out so well last year right?

Forget draft value. Cut the dude loose and move on.

Brown doing the same exact thing as Bell actually would work hugely in our favor. It's literally the only way we could take less than a $21 million cap hit next year.

Brown on team: $7M bonus money cap charge, $15M salary = $22M total

Brown traded or released: $7M bonus money cap charge, $14 million bonus money charge accelerated from 2020-21 = $21M total

Brown holds out: $7M bonus money hit, $0 salary = $7M cap hit

Then in 2020 and beyond, I am not 100% sure, but if he refuses to play all season, I believe his contract tolls and would still have three years on it. Allowing us to possibly spread the remaining $14 million bonus cap charge out over three years instead of two, so ~ $4.65M a year instead of $7M, and if he wants to continue to rot on the inactive list, he can do so until he retires.

So - no matter what, this year it makes no sense to do anything with him. Just do nothing. He wants to show up and play, then fine, we could use him. He wants to sit out, then great, that's better than trading him or releasing him. Then next year we can trade him once the cap hit is down to a more manageable number. $21M to eat with no player on the roster is a stupid move, and we are under no pressure to do that.

how would you play it?
    See above.
    See you Space Cowboy ...