Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AB wants out

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: AB wants out

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think it is the $$$ that Julio, Hopkins, and OBJ pulled in. As well as the attention given to players like OBJ and Juju that AB is clearly better than. He simply can't handle it.

If you fueled your entire rise to the top on disrespect that drove a phenomenal work effort, what do you do when everyone agrees you are the best? You invent things to continue to feed that disrespect engine that drives your motivation and training.

AB is just joining a long list of egocentric athletes that eventually burns themselves out.
    He’s making a million more than any other receiver in 2019 isn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

truth be told I always have a firearm on me , I rarely have a smart phone with me ....

I would rather have a gun and not need it than to not have one and need it ...

most times I do not want bothered with a phone thats why I left the house
    Always?

You are carrying when you go out to dinner or the grocery store?

Not criticizing just surprised.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The entire reasoning for the cel phone is so you can have it should you ever need it, anytime, anywhere. The same applies for the handgun.

Funny but true, I have a cousin that wore his sidearm to our grandmother's funeral. Not that I would have known if he hadn't felt the need to tell everyone he had it. Individually.

"I always carry my sidearm."
    "I always carry a condom."
    "What are you prepared for?"

"You should only worry about being a marksman at 20-25 feet away. Any further away and you shouldn't be shooting at them."

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I've been reading in a few places where the Rams may make a move for AB. Some of the trade fodder was Brandin Cooks(25yrs), Robert Woods(26yrs), Marcus Peters(26 yrs), Michael Brockers (28 yrs).

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Always?

You are carrying when you go out to dinner or the grocery store?

Not criticizing just surprised.

everywhere ... if my firearm is not welcome I simply go where it is .. period

where /when will you need one ( if ever ? ) nobody knows so back to the saying better to have and not need than to need and not have

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The entire reasoning for the cel phone is so you can have it should you ever need it, anytime, anywhere. The same applies for the handgun.

Funny but true, I have a cousin that wore his sidearm to our grandmother's funeral. Not that I would have known if he hadn't felt the need to tell everyone he had it. Individually.

"I always carry my sidearm."
    "I always carry a condom."
    "What are you prepared for?"

"You should only worry about being a marksman at 20-25 feet away. Any further away and you shouldn't be shooting at them."

pretty much 21 foot rule .... if any further away the courts can deem you had other options to try and escape ( assuming they are not shooting at you ) ...

deescalate /deescalate /deescalate until its time to quit trying to deescalate and action is then required ( hopefully NEVER )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Steelers are reportedly asking for a 1st round draft choice, with Arizona and the 49ers the most likely landing spots.
    Makes sense. Raiders got a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, so why any less for Brown?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I've been reading in a few places where the Rams may make a move for AB. Some of the trade fodder was Brandin Cooks(25yrs), Robert Woods(26yrs), Marcus Peters(26 yrs), Michael Brockers (28 yrs).
    The NFC West reeeeally wants AB. I wonder when the Seahawks will offer a trade...

Marcus Peters fills a need, and the Rams are on the hook for about $9 million for him. Ergo, they’d be willing to upgrade at WR for that $9 million (while we eat AB’s $21 million). Their R1 pick would be a must.

That said, Peters was given the boot from the Chiefs because he is a headcase. Jalen Ramsey is a headcase whose talent is worth the risk; whereas, Peters simply isn’t good enough to warrant that risk.

SUMMATION:
    Trading for Xavien Howard makes too much sense (for all parties involved).

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I would also imagine you're not careless with your guns, leaving them laying around where they get "stolen" and shit ... I don't know how you would lose track of a gun you were carrying with you in public, unless you were an idiot.
    You mean careless such as forgetting that your loaded handgun is packed away in your carry-on bag when you pass through the security checkpoints at airports.

I was shocked when I learned how many loaded guns are confiscated at airports.
    How the hell do you forget where your loaded gun is.
    No guns for you.

Almost as bad as the parents who “forgot” about their child in the back seat of their car only to return and find them dead from the heat.
    No children for you.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He’s making a million more than any other receiver in 2019 isn’t he?
    Odell Beckham contract valued at $18 million while AB at $17 million

Total guaranteed $$$ also significantly less than Beckham, Mike Evans, and DeAndre Hopkins

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

So AB can convince himself he is “underpaid” and deserves a reworked deal

As Mojouw has posted, the Steelers practice of not formally guaranteeing a higher % of a contract is going to get more pushback since other teams are going down that road

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Makes sense. Raiders got a 1st round pick for Amari Cooper, so why any less for Brown?
    Baggage and age. Cooper never quit on his team, had sideline meltdowns,or threw furniture off balconies or pushed down (one of many) his baby momma. Honestly I don't see how anyone could trade for AB without some sort of official mental evaluation.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Video of AB elaborating upon this tweet

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Total guaranteed $$$ also significantly less than Beckham, Mike Evans, and DeAndre Hopkins

As Mojouw has posted, the Steelers practice of not formally guaranteeing a higher % of a contract is going to get more pushback since other teams are going down that road
    That explains it with more clarity than I was! Also, Sammy Watkins getting $16 million dollars is going to cause everyone all kinds of grief. Agents will use that as a new market benchmark.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

That explains it with more clarity than I was! Also, Sammy Watkins getting $16 million dollars is going to cause everyone all kinds of grief. Agents will use that as a new market benchmark.
    "This guy got a big $16M contract and performed terribly, so CLEARLY $16M is now the market value for terrible performance and my client is worth twice that much. No buts - the market has spoken!"

You gotta love agents' logic, it would be hilarious except that some of their clients (L. Bell-Einstein) are so dumb that they cannot tell the difference between rhetorical arguments and reality, and will actually believe the rhetorical argument and go to the mat for it.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

What you listed is average though. ABs 2019 cap hit is much bigger than anyone else...by far.

Here’s some other numbers for reference if anyone is curious...his guaranteed money is embarrassing:

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    No thanks. Cooper Kupp and a first round pick is where I would start.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

What you listed is average though. ABs 2019 cap hit is much bigger than anyone else...by far.
    You are working through this on a basis of logic and unemotional rationality. That is not where AB and (likely) Rosenhaus are coming from. They will use any perceived slight and way of slicing up the #'s to argue/believe that AB is underpaid.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Here’s some other numbers for reference if anyone is curious...his guaranteed money is embarrassing:
    Wait though, why are we eating $21M in dead money if we release him? Oh that's right, because that's also guaranteed money, otherwise it wouldn't turn into dead money. So:

See AB, I can do things with numbers too!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No thanks. Cooper Kupp and a first round pick is where I would start.
    I'd be ok with that

You are working through this on a basis of logic and unemotional rationality. That is not where AB and (likely) Rosenhaus are coming from. They will use any perceived slight and way of slicing up the #'s to argue/believe that AB is underpaid.
    Very true...lol

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Have not read many articles or threads. I am just curious. If Brown gets traded, what are the probabilities they can work the deal so it favors the Steelers. His contract is very Steelers friendly, right, so I wonder if appeasing him could possibly benefit them?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant