Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AB wants out

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Re: AB wants out

#mikewallace
    #wherearetheynow
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a first round pick to a team in the NFC and a team lower than the 20 pick. If not, I keep him and he sits...not getting paid for not showing. If he shows and is an asshole, he sits for conduct detrimental to the team.
    I’d reluctantly take a second round pick to get rid of him. Probably the best we could expect given his antics.
    Agreed if you can’t make trade, you make him sit all year, age, put up low stats, and do whatever you can to limit his salary.
    Time to make a statement going forward. Assholes will not be tolerated.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I can see AB working every angle he can to get released and choose which team he wants to play for, but you're right it would set a bad precedent that you can be an asshole and get the team to release you like LeGarrette Blount did.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Ok. It’s all coming out now. AB is just a dude who always needs to be the highest paid.

Other wideouts surpassed his contract and Ben is gonna get a shiny new deal.

So he’s gonna throw a fit until he gets one too.

Predictable and pretty easy to see through.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I can see AB working every angle he can to get released and choose which team he wants to play for, but you're right it would set a bad precedent that you can be an asshole and get the team to release you like LeGarrette Blount did.
    He probably will work every angle, but the Steelers will decide which team he will go to, not AB. I agree with the bad precedent, but the greater issue is cancer in the locker room. There is no way Rooney will permit this after the 2018 shit show. I think this part has already been decided by the Steelers, that is AB is gone. Now they will try and get the best deal they can for him. Rooney wasn't very positive about keeping AB early on and he also addressed the 21 mil as something they could work out. Look at the money Ladarius Green and Cortez Allen walked off with.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The wheels are turning in teams around the NFL. I think they get a R1 for him plus we keep our R1, 20 pick
    I'd give Brown and our #20 for the Niners #2 plus a player or a 3rd or 4th.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'd give Brown and our #20 for the Niners #2 plus a player or a 3rd or 4th.

Now that's a thought.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Ok. It’s all coming out now. AB is just a dude who always needs to be the highest paid.

Just let it be the next team's headache. And may his skills expeditiously decline.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers aren't willing to trade Antonio Brown to the Patriots or inside the AFC North.

It makes plenty of sense, as the Patriots are obviously the biggest thing standing in the Steelers' way in the AFC, and the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens are in Pittsburgh's division. Brown formally requested a trade on Tuesday and seems certain to be dealt this offseason; it just won't be to New England, though the Patriots are one of the more needy teams when it comes to wideouts.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...s#news-8839571

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

"Ed Bouchette claims to have been told by NFL personnel that Brown's value is hovering around a fourth-round pick, far less than one would expect for the seven-time Pro Bowler."

https://www.12up.com/posts/6293257-a...d-and-it-s-sad
    That would be the end of this front office in my eyes. They would eat $21M for a 4th round pick and further secure the idea in players minds that if they want out of Pittsburgh all they have to do is leave a game early and/or sleep in meetings and/or throw a hissy fit. Blount, Harrison, Bell, Brown. Basically would show the front office are a bunch of pussy pushovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He’s the highest paid WR for 2019 by a million...lol.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers aren't willing to trade Antonio Brown to the Patriots or inside the AFC North.

It makes plenty of sense, as the Patriots are obviously the biggest thing standing in the Steelers' way in the AFC, and the Browns, Bengals, and Ravens are in Pittsburgh's division. Brown formally requested a trade on Tuesday and seems certain to be dealt this offseason; it just won't be to New England, though the Patriots are one of the more needy teams when it comes to wideouts.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...s#news-8839571
    Pats aren’t needy, they have a “Hall of Famer” in Edelman.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post
    I’d reluctantly take a second round pick to get rid of him. Probably the best we could expect given his antics.
    Agreed if you can’t make trade, you make him sit all year, age, put up low stats, and do whatever you can to limit his salary.

I'm not ready to just let him go for insignificant value, but if this guy wants to go somewhere else after he became the "greatest WR since Jerry Rice".....have at it.

This guy still doesn't get that while he worked his ass off to become the WR he is, it is also very much because of the talent on the team. Having a great quarterback throwing him the ball, keeping plays alive to create plays that weren't there on time, and having a very good offensive line to help make that happen have been a HUGE factor in his success. He is just too wrapped up in his own greatness to see it or acknowledge it.

I completely agree with you. The team needs to draw a line in the sand. They need to make a very clear statement that assholeism shouldn't be rewarded and will not be rewarded by this team.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I do not want a pick. I want an establish player.

Even the #2 overall pick is not a “gimme”. Any pick could be Watt or Polamalu, but it could also be Jones or Burns.

Someone mentioned the Dolphins, which is a good fit (albeit, an AFC team). Xavien Howard wants to get paid, and the Dolphins do not seem prepared to meet his needs. Howard is an All-Pro at CB (which fills a huge need for us). AB loves Miami. As far as the Dolphins being an AFC team goes, it pits AB against the Taperiots twice per season, and maybe AB’s talents translate into one less win for the Taperiots per season (which would help with playoff seeding).

AB for Xavien Howard straight up.

If that’s not enough, then the Dolphins & Steelers swap R1 picks (Steelers move up from 20 to 13).

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Best news so far this off-season.

- - - Updated - - -

Another moron looking for attention. I hope they get a great offer from the worst team in the NFL.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I do not want a pick. I want an establish player.

Even the #2 overall pick is not a “gimme”. Any pick could be Watt or Polamalu, but it could also be Jones or Burns.

Someone mentioned the Dolphins, which is a good fit (albeit, an AFC team). Xavien Howard wants to get paid, and the Dolphins do not seem prepared to meet his needs. Howard is an All-Pro at CB (which fills a huge need for us). AB loves Miami. As far as the Dolphins being an AFC team goes, it pits AB against the Taperiots twice per season, and maybe AB’s talents translate into one less win for the Taperiots per season (which would help with playoff seeding).

If that’s not enough, then the Dolphins & Steelers swap R1 picks (Steelers move up from 20 to 13).
    Best WR in the game for the 15-25th best CB in the game straight up? I would want Dolphins 2nd round pick as well.

Another I have thought is Tremaine Edmunds of Buffalo and their 2nd round pick for AB. Might have to come off that and change the 2nd to a 3rd, but that way the ILB spot is solidified and it frees up that 1st round pick to get likely one of the talented TE like Hokensen, Irv Smith, Fant as an offensive playmaker. Then the Steelers can look for another WR or CB in the 2nd or 3rd and still have another day 2 pick from the trade.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Predictable, yeah it happens everywhere but it happens a lot more often to team that underperform.

got to remove the impediment that is keeping the team from playing up to their potential

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

The dumbest thing in this entire mess is AB himself. If he really wants out, being an asshole, causing trouble on and off the field only lower his value, which makes it harder to trade. Does this moron not see this? Show up to work, stop acting out like a child, request the trade and we could have got top value for him. Who is his agent? If it was me, I would sit his dumbass down and explain to his majesty that he is only hurting himself and his value by acting like a jackass.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

LMAO HE THINKS ..... he controls this situation , Like HE is the one who determines how this ends or where he goes ( if anywhere ) ...

to self absorbed to see reality
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Screw that. Howard and the #13 pick straight up. Not a swap.

We are under no pressure to make a deal; someone does not make an offer that's worth our while and then some, all we have to do is sit there and do nothing and we are winning.

If we traded for Howard, I am fairly certain that instead of wondering why we have a former All-Pro CB (Haden) and a bunch of young talent that makes a shitty secondary ... we'd be wondering why we had TWO former All-Pro CBs and a bunch of young talent that made a shitty secondary. Just like the offensive line, we can keep blindly throwing money and high draft picks at that position forever, and it will still suck until we address other problems with scheme and player development.

Still sucks that we could have gotten Howard with the pick we used on Burns (and he is one of the players I was hoping for), and for that matter we could've still gotten him with one or two real trade-down offers that actually were proposed. On the other hand, if that happened, who's to say Howard wouldn't be struggling and in our doghouse right now whike Burns was a decent starter for the Dolphins.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Screw that. Howard and the #13 pick straight up. Not a swap.

We are under no pressure to make a deal; someone does not make an offer that's worth our while and then some, all we have to do is sit there and do nothing and we are winning.

If we traded for Howard, I am fairly certain that instead of wondering why we have a former All-Pro CB (Haden) and a bunch of young talent that makes a shitty secondary ... we'd be wondering why we had TWO former All-Pro CBs and a bunch of young talent that made a shitty secondary. Just like the offensive line, we can keep blindly throwing money and high draft picks at that position forever, and it will still suck until we address other problems with scheme and player development.

Still sucks that we could have gotten Howard with the pick we used on Burns (and he is one of the players I was hoping for), and for that matter we could've still gotten him with one or two real trade-down offers that actually were proposed. On the other hand, if that happened, who's to say Howard wouldn't be struggling and in our doghouse right now whike Burns was a decent starter for the Dolphins.
    This. The Steelers first round pick doesn’t enter into this equation at all.

First rounder and established player is the lowest I would go. If no one wants to pay it, so be it.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The Steelers should not be sending anything out of town besides AB and lower round junk.

Gotta take the actions/emotions a bit out of it in my opinion.

No one would have been a fan of a draft day trade in 2018 of Antonio Brown + 1st Round Pick for like the 11th pick in the first round and some 3rd round comp pick. Now people are like "take a bag of kicking tees". C'mon.

The worst case is that you bench him all year. Then tell everyone that the answer to any question with the words "Antonio Brown" is "I have no comment. You will need to talk to Coach Tomlin." Then Tomlin just repeats that if AB wants to play for the team, great they welcome him back. If he doesn't then it is an issue between the player and the GM and Owner."

This stuff isn't really that hard. I fail to understand why everyone talks about it like its some unsolvable riddle.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

This stuff isn't really that hard. I fail to understand why everyone talks about it like its some unsolvable riddle.
    "because teamwork and respect and brotherhood and rah rah rah FOOTBALL!!!!" at least, as far as I can tell.

There is so much emphasis put on intangible things like "distractions" and "chemistry" and "character" and "unwritten rules" that from a logical point of view makes no sense at all. Your goal is to win football games; it makes no sense at all to execute bad trades with crippling salary cap implications. Only if the intangibles create a real risk of worse performance for the team, such as a long drug suspension, is that really an issue.

Perhaps it is because it allows you to suspend logic that people focus on these things. So the guy's an asshole, congratulations, so are two thirds of people everywhere. Now how does that affect wins and losses?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JnK has much to be proud of">

Met AB at station square right before his rookie season. Seemed like a real cool, down-to-earth guy. He has turned into an abnoxious, self-absorbed asswipe. It's funny what money and fame can do to a person. It really is disappointing and sad. I say hang on to him and let him ride the pine this season piling up zero stats. I'd do it just out of spite too. Bring your 'open for business' sign along to the games and maybe you can use it to beg Tomlin to let you play.

The Steelers should not be sending anything out of town besides AB and lower round junk.

Gotta take the actions/emotions a bit out of it in my opinion.

No one would have been a fan of a draft day trade in 2018 of Antonio Brown + 1st Round Pick for like the 11th pick in the first round and some 3rd round comp pick. Now people are like "take a bag of kicking tees". C'mon.

The worst case is that you bench him all year. Then tell everyone that the answer to any question with the words "Antonio Brown" is "I have no comment. You will need to talk to Coach Tomlin." Then Tomlin just repeats that if AB wants to play for the team, great they welcome him back. If he doesn't then it is an issue between the player and the GM and Owner."

That’s really the only answer that should be given on the topic of an AB trade.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    "because teamwork and respect and brotherhood and rah rah rah FOOTBALL!!!!" at least, as far as I can tell.

There is so much emphasis put on intangible things like "distractions" and "chemistry" and "character" and "unwritten rules" that from a logical point of view makes no sense at all. Your goal is to win football games; it makes no sense at all to execute bad trades with crippling salary cap implications. Only if the intangibles create a real risk of worse performance for the team, such as a long drug suspension, is that really an issue.

Perhaps it is because it allows you to suspend logic that people focus on these things. So the guy's an asshole, congratulations, so are two thirds of people everywhere. Now how does that affect wins and losses?
    That's all I can figure as well. People are all for giving Kareem Hunt a second chance, but many want to scour AB from the Steelers roster regardless of cost/return. Honestly, if three days from now the team announced that everything was hunky-dory -- I'd be all for it. If they announced that they traded him for multiple high draft picks, that's great as well.

What you can't do is ship him out of town Santonio Holmes style.

Anyone who thinks AB is going to be a Steeler in 2019 is dreaming. There is more hope that the Steelers will draft TJ Hockenson in R1 than AB being a Steeler in 2019.

So who in need of a WR is mostly likely to give up a #1 for AB?

49ers need a WR. I could see Shanahan licking his chops having the top WR and TE in the NFL

Jets need a WR and have lots of money

Packers
    Panthers
    Raiders
    Lions
    Dolphins
    Pats

Didn't list the AFC North teams