Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AB wants out

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Re: AB wants out

Bye-bye baby bye-bye!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Maybe keep him and let him miss time and get fined until someone offers a great deal for him

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

To think, this all started with that Facebook video before the AFC Championship game. That was the beginning of the end of Mr. Brown.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

No way Rooney starts the 2019 season with this asswipe on the team.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    To think, this all started with that Facebook video before the AFC Championship game. That was the beginning of the end of Mr. Brown.
    That was the end of Chapter 1, which was the 2016 season in which simply being the best receiver in the league was no longer enough and the brand needed to be highlighted

A running story during the 2016 season was AB getting excessive celebration penalties that started in the season opener in Washington, which impacted other issues such as Tomlin being undermined for not being able to get AB to cut it out and Ben using the Tuesday morning radio appearances to voice his concerns on internal team matters

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

I'm disappointed as a Steelers fan in Antonio Brown and how has seemed to take a very childish turn over the last 1-2 years. Yes, obviously I am not part of the team and don't know exactly what events have triggered his behavior, but as AB never "addressed the negative speculations about his character" like he said he would and just communicated with the public and the team through cryptic tweets and instagram posts, I feel fairly confident in assuming that he has become self absorbed in his own little reality and thinks the entire world revolves around him.

The one part that does make me mad, and I have to assume makes the team ownership and front office upset as well, is they made him the highest paid receiver in the game two years ago and there are 3 years remaining on the current deal. He then abandons the team before week 17 this past season and refuses to communicate with anyone include Art Rooney himself who is paying him over $17 mil/year. That is just not right in anyway shape or form, and the team eats that dead money that he received in a signing bonus with 3 years remaining.

With that out of the way,my opinion is that if the Steelers can't get a first or high 2nd round pick, or let's say a third round pick and a good player to go along with it, then ship his sorry butt off to an offensively pathetic team with poor QB play for next to nothing in return. Let him suffer with another team and subsequently regret his actions.

I did see one analyst propose trading AB to San Fran for their 3rd round pick and Marquise Goodwin. That might not be such a bad trade under the circumstances. It at least gives the Steelers a capable receiver and some draft capital.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    I'm disappointed as a Steelers fan in Antonio Brown and how has seemed to take a very childish turn over the last 1-2 years. Yes, obviously I am not part of the team and don't know exactly what events have triggered his behavior, but as AB never "addressed the negative speculations about his character" like he said he would and just communicated with the public and the team through cryptic tweets and instagram posts, I feel fairly confident in assuming that he has become self absorbed in his own little reality and thinks the entire world revolves around him.

The one part that does make me mad, and I have to assume makes the team ownership and front office upset as well, is they made him the highest paid receiver in the game two years ago and there are 3 years remaining on the current deal. He then abandons the team before week 17 this past season and refuses to communicate with anyone include Art Rooney himself who is paying him over $17 mil/year. That is just not right in anyway shape or form, and the team eats that dead money that he received in a signing bonus with 3 years remaining.

With that out of the way,my opinion is that if the Steelers can't get a first or high 2nd round pick, or let's say a third round pick and a good player to go along with it, then ship his sorry butt off to an offensively pathetic team with poor QB play for next to nothing in return. Let him suffer with another team and subsequently regret his actions.

I did see one analyst propose trading AB to San Fran for their 3rd round pick and Marquise Goodwin. That might not be such a bad trade under the circumstances. It at least gives the Steelers a capable receiver and some draft capital.

the only way I trade him for a player and a pick is said player must be a defender , corner or ILB with coverage skills ...

trading AB for Goodwin and a 3rd per example is saying Goodwin + the 3rd replaces AB and it doesn't ,,, but if you go opposite side of the ball it does not have to " replace AB" , it has to improve your def enough that missing AB is limited or non existent because you are that much better as a team on D .... teams score less against you so you do not have to score as much to stay even with the board ...

The Bills would be a nice landing spot for AB too .... smaller city , less action, less national noteriety , play the Pats twice a year and likely never smell another playoff game again in his career ... oh and the bills need WR help for that youngster throwing the rock so even though an afc team likely never have any influence on the steelers seasons

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    the latter as far as I know , but its enough considering he passed " enough and to much" a while ago

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

The wheels are turning in teams around the NFL. I think they get a R1 for him plus we keep our R1, 20 pick

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    the Steelers hold the cards here, not AB.

he's on the wrong side of 30, has had recent legal issues not to mention his obvious character issues. no team is going to give us fair value for AB, meaning a first round draft choice and are we going to be willing to settle for a second round pick in exchange for AB?
    I think plenty of teams would offer their 1st round pick for Brown. He's one of the best playmakers in the game.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Article in The Ringer after today's AB tweet on potential trade partners

Perhaps he used #NewDemands because he had so many #OldDemands

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/2...-landing-spots

49ers, Colts and Packers listed as most likely suspects. An Indy columnist wrote after the Colts bombed out of the playoffs that the Colts want solid citizens rather than troublemakers like AB or Bell, but the Browns are the most recent example of being willing to bring in just about anyone if they have talent and the price is right.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I think plenty of teams would offer their 1st round pick for Brown. He's one of the best playmakers in the game.
    "Ed Bouchette claims to have been told by NFL personnel that Brown's value is hovering around a fourth-round pick, far less than one would expect for the seven-time Pro Bowler."

https://www.12up.com/posts/6293257-a...d-and-it-s-sad

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Let it play out like carson palmer played out with the Bengals. Let him sit out until someone is willing to give up a first. If he sits out and wants to get fined for it and not paid that's his problem

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Hey AB want in one hand and shit in the other see which one fills up 1st. AB has no say so in the matter what-so-ever.

"Ed Bouchette claims to have been told by NFL personnel that Brown's value is hovering around a fourth-round pick, far less than one would expect for the seven-time Pro Bowler."

Not sure who Karl Rusmussen is but I don't buy it from him or Bullchette . You have the best WR in the NFL, that works hard with no major injury history. He doesn't look like he's lost a step, hasn't been busted for drugs (yet ) like ding dong Bell and isn't screaming for money. I think it will be interesting.

Could the Steelers and AB work something out on his contract, like less money for a sure trade? I still feel positive they can get a R1, for sure a day two pick. The scouting combine is going to be interesting for the Steelers.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

we're not going to give AB away for next to nothing, I think we just may end up holding on to him.

we're not going to give AB away for next to nothing, I think we just may end up holding on to him.

I don't think that will happen, Fowler has said NFL GM's know the Steelers will be asking for R1. It's going to be hard for the Steelers to hold on to a guy that has voiced that he was tired of being blamed as a scapegoat, even if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I don't think that will happen, Fowler has said NFL GM's know the Steelers will be asking for R1. It's going to be hard for the Steelers to hold on to a guy that has voiced that he was tired of being blamed as a scapegoat, even if true.
    unfortunately there isn't a very big market for disgruntled diva WRs on the wrong side of 30 who throw furniture off balconies, drive over 100 mph, get into domestic disputes with the mother of one of his children, fights with the franchise QB and walks out on his teammates.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I think they get a 1st rounder in the 20s.

unfortunately there isn't a very big market for disgruntled diva WRs on the wrong side of 30 who throw furniture off balconies, drive over 100 mph, get into domestic disputes with the mother of one of his children, fights with the franchise QB and walks out on his teammates.
    But there were no charges in any of his moron events. AB might be over 30 but he is still the best WR in the NFL and teams know what they are getting in him as a player. Heck what's a r1 pick to give up, the Steelers have blown many of them.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

So does it say why in the fuck we would eat $21M in dead money for a fourth-round draft pick? As I said earlier, better to just have him sit out the year and only eat $7M.

The team really does hold ALL the cards here. If they actually make such a stupid trade, they let themselves get outmaneuvered by a mental midget throwing a temper tantrum, and our problems go a whole lot deeper than I thought.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Do AB & Bell have the same agent?

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/an...rades-for-him/

Does AB have the same agent as Bell?

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/an...rades-for-him/
    that's not going to help his trade value...

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Because keeping Bell worked out so well last year right?

Forget draft value. Cut the dude loose and move on.
    I'm all for cutting loose people who don't want to be there but I worry about the 'act like a dickwad until you're traded' precedent it would set
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

that's not going to help his trade value...
    He's shooting his own toes off.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Pocket the $21M bonus that we're on the hook for, and ask for a raise that includes the same $21M. Real good.

You know, since there's nothing that says we're obligated to trade him ... lowering his trade value only increases the chance that he's staying right where he is.
    See you Space Cowboy ...