Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Browns sign running back Kareem Hunt

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Browns sign running back Kareem Hunt

Steelers could end up in # 3 in the division in 2019

Kareem Hunt
    is back on an NFL team.

The Cleveland Browns announced Monday that they have signed the running back, who was released by the Chiefs in late November after a video surfaced of Hunt striking a woman.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ck-kareem-hunt

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Browns sign running back Kareem Hunt

Isn't he still on Goodell's shit list?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

More puzzling thing is Nick Chubb was a stud after they traded Hyde away. To take the ball away from him is counterproductive IMO.

Although he could be the franchise kicker the Browns have been seeking...too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Will still face suspension.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

This from The Ringer

Dorsey has a history of bringing in players with violent pasts. In 2016, when he was in Kansas City, Dorsey drafted Tyreek Hill in the fifth round, roughly a year after Hill pleaded guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend. But while there is precedent for this kind of signing strictly from a front office standpoint, it is surprising in that the Browns don’t seem to need Hunt on the football field. Running backs are among the most replaceable players in football, and Cleveland already has one of the league’s best backs in Nick Chubb....

There are a number of questions still to be answered, including what disciplinary action Hunt will face and why the league keeps failing to do investigations as thoroughly as TMZ. But in the wake of this signing, one thing is sure: The NFL’s handling of violence remains as confounding and frustrating as ever.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/2...ck-kareem-hunt

Do not expect ESPN to push too much on this as part of its kinder, gentler approach to dealing with NFL unpleasantness in the hope of getting a better Monday night schedule.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I think the new Cleveland GM drafted Hunt and likes him. I'm not even sure that Hunt counts against their roster or their cap due to being on the Commissioner's Exempt list.

Other than the PR issue, this is a no risk move by the Browns to add talent to their roster.

I can not remember who it was that said it, but a fairly well known GM basically said that these guys could murder someone and if they were good enough at football at least one team would find a way to excuse it.

Browns just beat everyone to the punch...except Hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think the new Cleveland GM drafted Hunt and likes him. I'm not even sure that Hunt counts against their roster or their cap due to being on the Commissioner's Exempt list.

Other than the PR issue, this is a no risk move by the Browns to add talent to their roster.

I can not remember who it was that said it, but a fairly well known GM basically said that these guys could murder someone and if they were good enough at football at least one team would find a way to excuse it.

Browns just beat everyone to the punch...except Hunt...
    From making a good addition to the roster it is a smart move

But the optics of signing him up while the league "investigation" apparently remains open confirms that NFL teams would sign the Unabomber if he was out on parole and could run a 4.4 40 as an impact player - especially if, as is true with Hunt, he was on his rookie contract and would not create a big cap hit

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    From making a good addition to the roster it is a smart move

But the optics of signing him up while the league "investigation" apparently remains open confirms that NFL teams would sign the Unabomber if he was out on parole and could run a 4.4 40 as an impact player - especially if, as is true with Hunt, he was on his rookie contract and would not create a big cap hit
    Agreed the optics are horrendous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Agreed the optics are horrendous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he produces the optics will be forgotten. 2 weeks after he returns to play it will be yesterdays news and as long as he keeps his nose clean going forward no one will really care. It was a good move by the Browns. He's an impact player just coming into his prime on an affordable contract.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    If he produces the optics will be forgotten. 2 weeks after he returns to play it will be yesterdays news and as long as he keeps his nose clean going forward no one will really care. It was a good move by the Browns. He's an impact player just coming into his prime on an affordable contract.
    I realize that. But “Team signs woman beater” is never a good look.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Meh. People make mistakes and are given second chances all the time for things worse than shoving a drunk girl.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

wow they're that desperate huh well i guess you're willing to do anything when you had like 30 losing seasons in a row

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Forgotten by Brown's fans. But not by me. I'll never forget what Tyreek Hill did. Positively heinous. Maybe the Browns can hire Ray Rice for their RB coach.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Meh. People make mistakes and are given second chances all the time for things worse than shoving a drunk girl.
    Of course this was your comment back in December.

It wasn't a big kick...it was a tap. If he'd punted her or attempted a 50 Yard FG and wound back and cranked at her, then it would be a big deal...lol. He may have had soft soled shoes as well. We won't know until the NFL finishes their investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Of course this was your comment back in December.
    Stand by both. Watch the video. He barely “kicked” her. Wasn’t right but it’s not like he shoved her into a wall and then started kicking her repeatedly.,,which people are reacting like he did.

Threes Hill did worse and not many people think twice about it...including the Chiefs.

Stand by both. Watch the video. He barely “kicked” her. Wasn’t right but it’s not like he shoved her into a wall and then started kicking her repeatedly.,,which people are reacting like he did.

Threes Hill did worse and not many people think twice about it...including the Chiefs.
    I realize you stand by both and you're wrong. What OJ did was worse than Hill too.

Not really but okay. Ray Rice was worse. Tyreek Hill was worse...Hill is glorified every week and no one is complaining about that.

Hunt will serve his “time” and why shouldn’t he get a second chance?

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

He barely kicked her. Not like he shoved her into a wall.

“But officer, I barely punched her.” “But officer, I barely pushed her down the stairs.”

Famous quotes from perpetrators of domestic violence.

Offering up up excuses for totally unacceptable behavior....really?

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoLambert View Post

Exactly!

He barely kicked her. Not like he shoved her into a wall.

“But officer, I barely punched her.” “But officer, I barely pushed her down the stairs.”

Famous quotes from perpetrators of domestic violence.

Where’s the excuse? Nobody said it was right. I’ve always said it was wrong but people don’t want to see that. They just see what they want. Just like with Tyreek Hill.

Punching and kicking downstairs is a little bit different...lol. That’s Tyreek Hill and Ray Rice level.

Point is Hill did a lot worse and is praised on a weekly basis. Brought it up twice and no one wants to comment on that but because Hunt is getting a second chance it’s a big deal because what he did was less than Tyreek Hill...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    wow they're that desperate huh well i guess you're willing to do anything when you had like 30 losing seasons in a row
    That’s the thing. Nick Chubb is a potential stud...definitely a three down back. Duke Johnson is a decent third down back. Adding Hunt maybe gives them a Kamara/Ingram type deal if Hunt isn’t suspended for a season.

Where’s the excuse? Nobody said it was right. I’ve always said it was wrong but people don’t want to see that. They just see what they want. Just like with Tyreek Hill.

Punching and kicking downstairs is a little bit different...lol. That’s Tyreek Hill and Ray Rice level.

Point is Hill did a lot worse and is praised on a weekly basis. Brought it up twice and no one wants to comment on that but because Hunt is getting a second chance it’s a big deal because what he did was less than Tyreek Hill...lol.
    Everybody isn't cheering Hill. I bet the girl who beat him up isn't cheering him, or her family. I'm also not cheering him, nor will I for Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Everybody isn't cheering Hill. I bet the girl who beat him up isn't cheering him, or her family. I'm also not cheering him, nor will I for Hunt.
    The media certainly is on a regular basis. If that asshole gets a second chance, the asshole in Hunt should get a second chance.

The media certainly is on a regular basis. If that asshole gets a second chance, the asshole in Hunt should get a second chance.
    So as long as there’s precedent you’re in favor of it? Child molesters get second chances too. Would you want one moving next door to your family?

Again, you’re taking it beyond what it is. Kicking someone down the steps, murdering someone, molesting a child, far different than shoving a guy who hits into a girl and then shoving a girl over with your foot. Far different. All four of those deserve the same punishment in a court of law? But if you put all those on the same level then you’d be right in your thinking. Anyway, there’s a precedent in the league and if a dirtbag like Tyreek Hill can get a job after doing worse than Hunt and be glorified week to week, then a dirtbag like Kareem Hunt deserves a second chance after he serves his time.

The list is endless. Hill, Brandon Marshall, Adrian Peterson, Mike Vick, Ray Lewis, etc. All did worse than what Hunt did and got second chances in the NFL. Is it right? Maybe not but he deserves it as much as anybody.

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I guess you believe there are different levels of abuse and you’re right, there is.

But when you are able to justify diminishing an act of violence because you’re comparing it to something more heinous, you’re really lowering the bar for civilized behavior.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The point is moot. As soon as the new year begins Goodell is going to place Hunt back on the exempt list most likely. At best Hunt will serve a 6 week suspension, probably more though. With Chubb and Duke already there, Hunt may be just a bargaining chip to lessen the value of what we can get for Bell by placing Hunt on the trade block after his judgement comes down. Right now everything is still unknown.

I guess you believe there are different levels of abuse and you’re right, there is.

But when you are able to justify diminishing an act of violence because you’re comparing it to something more heinous, you’re really lowering the bar for civilized behavior.
    Who justified it? I’ve said on numerous occasions what Hunt did is not right. No one said it was acceptable because it wasn’t as bad as what others have done. All I’m saying is that he deserves a second chance just like any of those other players listed above got second chances.

Who justified it? I’ve said on numerous occasions what Hunt did is not right. No one said it was acceptable because it wasn’t as bad as what others have done. All I’m saying is that he deserves a second chance just like any of those other players listed above got second chances.
    I can see what you are driving at and can agree with it. There is a significant challenge across multiple strata of society to determine what appropriate consequences are for a given transgression. Additionally, how long could/should those consequences be attached to each instance of transgression? It would seem that no one is really sure how to answer either of those. I know I certainly can not.

I agree with you that the NFL (likely any workplaces) is full of people that have done crappy things. And we do tend to forget those crappy things as long as the individual in question continues to perform well at their job. Personally, I operate under the assumption that all these guys are not good role models and the whole business is sleazy from top to bottom.