Thread: Offensive Line Play will kill this league

Hybrid View

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Offensive Line Play will kill this league

Did some reading this morning. You can, by rule, only send 5 pass rushers in the AAF. That is the same # as you have OL and the pressure was still what it was in the one game I saw? That's ridiculous. With the bad QB play, you better be able to run the ball and the OL play I saw isn't going to allow that consistently either.

I hope it gets better as the season unfolds, I really do. I developmental league that could serve as an incubator for players development and innovation would be awesome.

But furthers the theory that there just are not enough quality OL and Qbs to go around. Hackenburg looked TERRIBLE.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Offensive Line Play will kill this league

Again, these guys just met each other 30 days ago. As the weeks go on, it has to get better based on reps, comfort with the offense and familiarity with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Again, these guys just met each other 30 days ago. As the weeks go on, it has to get better based on reps, comfort with the offense and familiarity with each other.
    One hopes. I didn't mean to say that after one week I considered it a failed experiment or anything. But it was some pretty bad football. I'm sure the answer is MONEY but 30 days is just not enough time to get a team together and then let people start watching it. You are basically taking a 10 game season (I think) and saying that 40% of it is essentially a preseason. I guess that is what the NFL actually does and claims otherwise...so at least the AAF is honest about it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Orlando has a pretty good O-Line and they played fairly well.

I think Memphis (maybe) has a whole college O-Line (Tenn St.?).

I think over time they’ll get a bit better.

The AAF had about 3 teams that looked good in Week One. Orlando, Salt Lake and Arizona all looked good. The game last night was NFL-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

On the other hand, I like seeing the sacks. Who cares if the QB goes down, no one knows who they are anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

The games were every bit as entertaining as this year's Super Bowl.