Thread: What is AAF football? Teams, coaches, notable players, schedule for Alliance of American Football league

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

What is AAF football? Teams, coaches, notable players, schedule for Alliance of American Football league

https://www.cbssports.com/aaf/news/w...otball-league/

What are the teams?

The AAF's inaugural eight franchises are as follows:

• Arizona Hotshots
    • Atlanta Legends
    • Birmingham Iron
    • Memphis Express
    • Orlando Apollos
    • Salt Lake Stallions
    • San Antonio Commanders
    • San Diego Fleet

Who are some notable coaches and players?

The AAF used a QB Draft to allow each of the eight teams an opportunity to either protect allocated quarterbacks or pick one from another region, with those quarterbacks first signing directly to the AAF. Before the draft, dozens of other players had already joined the league, with Hines Ward hinting this fall that "big names" remain on the AAF's radar.
    Before any players signed to the league, the AAF also announced head coaches for all eight of its original teams.
    Here's a rundown of some of the most notable names on each team entering 2019:

Team: Arizona Hotshots
    Coach: Rick Neuheisel
    Players: QB Trevor Knight

Team: Atlanta Legends
    Coach: Brad Childress
    Players: QB Aaron Murray, QB Matt Simms, WR Stephen Hill

Team: Birmingham Iron

Coach: Tim Lewis
    Players: QB Blake Sims, QB Scott Tolzien, RB Trent Richardson, CB JaCorey Shepherd, K Nick Novak

Team: Memphis Express

Coach: Mike Singletary
    Players: QB Christian Hackenberg, QB Zach Mettenberger, RB Zac Stacy, WR Chris Givens

Team: Orlando Apollos

Coach: Steve Spurrier
    Players: QB Garrett Gilbert, QB Stephen Morris, WR Frankie Hammond, DB Will Hill

Team: Salt Lake Stallions

Coach: Dennis Erickson
    Players: QB B.J. Daniels, QB Garrett Grayson, RB Matt Asiata

Team: San Antonio Commanders

Coach: Mike Riley
    Players: RB David Cobb, RB Daryl Richardson

Team: San Diego Fleet

Coach: Mike Martz
    Players: QB Josh Johnson, RB Bishop Sankey

When will they start playing?

The AAF's 10-week, 40-game regular season will begin Saturday, Feb. 9, at 8 p.m. ET from Spectrum Stadium in Florida, where the Orlando Apollos will host the Atlanta Legends; and from The Alamodome in Texas, where the San Antonio Commanders will host the San Diego Fleet.
    CBS is scheduled to broadcast the AAF's Feb. 9 Opening Day, while CBS Sports Network will then carry one AAF game each week throughout the season.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: What is AAF football? Teams, coaches, notable players, schedule for Alliance of American Football league

The best part is no Goodell!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: What is AAF football? Teams, coaches, notable players, schedule for Alliance of American Football league

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

I've never even heard of this.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    The best part is no Goodell!
    That's enough reason to support it, I'll check out a couple games at least. I wish they'd bring back "He Hate Me"

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

There’s quite a few ex-Steelers sprinkled throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    There’s quite a few ex-Steelers sprinkled throughout.
    Depot had a list.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

I caught the end of the night game. Don't have NFL network or CBS sports network but they seemed to stream it online so I will see more

We watched the 2nd quarter of the Commanders/Fleet game. I think it will fun to watch as the season goes on. It will be interesting to see how the NFL utilizes some of these players as it evolves.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I think I'm going with the Memphis Express...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I think I'm going with the Memphis Express...lol.
    Welcome aboard.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Go Orlando !
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Where is the Pittsburgh team?

I am drawn to the Iron......Iron...Steel....cool black unis...........that works for me!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Go Orlando !
    I've always been a big Spurrier fan. Hard to root against him. Watching the Apollo's game the commentators said he had had back surgery fairly recently. 7 discs repaired I think. Still roaming the sidelines and coaching his ass off. Gotta love that guy's zeal for football. Still, gotta go with Singletary and the Express. See ya in 2 weeks.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Where is the Pittsburgh team?
    If the league has success I can see them adding 2-4 more teams. Can't see them not having a team somewhere in PA if so.

The Pittsburgh Pierogies.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    If the league has success I can see them adding 2-4 more teams. Can't see them not having a team somewhere in PA if so.
    Based on when the AAF plays the bulk of their games, this will remain confined to the Southeast and Southwest unless you can find domes.