Thread: Chiefs tell Patrick Mahomes to quit playing hoops after video emerges

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Chiefs tell Patrick Mahomes to quit playing hoops after video emerges

Like many Chiefs fans, general manager Brett Veach saw the viral video of quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ pickup basketball moves and was concerned.

The fear of an injury to the NFL’s MVP led Veach to place a call to Mahomes’ agent, Leigh Steinberg.

“As soon as I saw it, it probably took me about 2 seconds to call his agent and tell him that was a big no-no,” Veach told Soren Petro of 810 AM on Thursday.

“The Kingdom can rest assure that we have that under control: no more basketball for Pat.” ...........

read more @ https://triblive.com/pghtrib/localsp...-video-emerges

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Chiefs tell Patrick Mahomes to quit playing hoops after video emerges

Keep playing kid, especially while you're wearing another jersey! See if you can get Brady to play as well!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: Chiefs tell Patrick Mahomes to quit playing hoops after video emerges

eh, how many NFL players play basketball as a hobby? I'm guessing a big portion. Not everyone ends up like Nate Odomes, I'd say it's nothing to worry about.

Then again, first Chiefs franchise QB since Len Dawson so they probably would have him wrapped in bubble wrap in a hyperbaric chamber 24-7 if they could