Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Antonio Brown Reportedly Involved In Domestic Dispute

Re: Antonio Brown Reportedly Involved In Domestic Dispute

I don't know on this one. She was an uninvited guest in his home. Perhaps the better thing to do was for him to pick up the phone and call the police and tell them the mother of his child was at the door trying to force her way in. Still . . .

What really bothers me is I just don't see the AB of five years ago doing this. He always had a smile on his face and was so laid back. To be honest, I am really concerned about CTE.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

It’s not cool to hit women. I’ve never hit a woman in my life. You should never hit a woman. I would NEVER... EVER... hit a woman. But, I’ll shake the sh!t out of one.

—Chris Rock

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If a bitch has a weapon or a gun or is attacking me, imma smack the shot out of her. Never say never...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    What really bothers me is I just don't see the AB of five years ago doing this.
    Hell, I could see *myself* doing this. If my ex ever showed up, tried to force entry into my house, and blocked the door, I'd try to push her out too. Then she'd fall down and accuse me of domestic abuse. I could easily imagine something like that happening.

Difference is he's rich and famous and I'm neither.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

There is one weird thing to consider in all this, Florida's "Sunshine Law". This relatively extreme open records law is what leads to all those "Florida Man" internet stories/memes. Long story short, if this dispute happened anywhere besides Florida, the police report(s) are not as readily available to the public and likely no one ever hears about it. Not excusing AB of or for anything, but it is important to provide some context. Some number of his "off-field" incidents are coming to light solely because the state they took place in is easy pickings for celebrity reporters...

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/h...tories-7608595

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    There is one weird thing to consider in all this, Florida's "Sunshine Law". This relatively extreme open records law is what leads to all those "Florida Man" internet stories/memes. Long story short, if this dispute happened anywhere besides Florida, the police report(s) are not as readily available to the public and likely no one ever hears about it. Not excusing AB of or for anything, but it is important to provide some context. Some number of his "off-field" incidents are coming to light solely because the state they took place in is easy pickings for celebrity reporters...

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/h...tories-7608595
    Such are the tradeoffs high paid celebrities make for residing where there is no state income tax and a primary residence of unlimited value is protected from creditors.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Such are the tradeoffs high paid celebrities make for residing where there is no state income tax and a primary residence of unlimited value is protected from creditors.
    That and I swear half the NFL was born and raised in south Florida!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That and I swear half the NFL was born and raised in south Florida!
    Muck Bowl, most recruited HS game ever

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Antonio Brown filing for custody of his daughter after alleged domestic incident

Antonio Brown is filing for custody of his daughter in the wake of the mother of the child accusing the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver of domestic misconduct, according to his family attorney.

Jaclyn Soroka, who represents Brown, said in a statement provided to ESPN that Brown has taken legal action to “ensure that his daughter is protected by seeking majority timesharing and decision-making authority.”

Wiltrice Jackson, 30, accused Brown of pushing her to the ground in January when she asked for payment for the daughter’s hair appointment, according to a police report filed in Hollywood, Fla., where Brown has a home.

Read More: https://triblive.com/sports/steelers...estic-incident

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They should just let this clown go. Try and trade him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    Antonio Brown filing for custody of his daughter after alleged domestic incident

Antonio Brown is filing for custody of his daughter in the wake of the mother of the child accusing the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver of domestic misconduct, according to his family attorney.

Jaclyn Soroka, who represents Brown, said in a statement provided to ESPN that Brown has taken legal action to “ensure that his daughter is protected by seeking majority timesharing and decision-making authority.”

Wiltrice Jackson, 30, accused Brown of pushing her to the ground in January when she asked for payment for the daughter’s hair appointment, according to a police report filed in Hollywood, Fla., where Brown has a home.

I feel bad for the kid, I don't think either parent is very at parenting

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    They should just let this clown go. Try and trade him

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad for the kid, I don't think either parent is very at parenting
    What's AB got, like five different baby momma's for 6 kids? Sorry but that's just an immature jerk. Don't try passing that off to CTE or bad childhood etc... He's 30 year's old. He knows the difference between right and wrong. He just chooses to ignore it.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post

Hope AB’s attorney has figured out how this will not expose AB to being questioned by the judge, the attorney for Ms Jackson, or someone from child services. Those folks may not be as obliging as the sportswriters AB talked with in Atlanta last week.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Former big time agent Ralph Cindrich has said the Steelers could release AB for cause ( missed MRI and going AWOL for last game) and seek some of his signing bonus back. And perhaps alleviating themselves of his 21 million cap burden for next season in the process. If he's damaged himself to the point that you don't get back more than a 4th round draft choice. (rumor has it the 49ers are out due to the assault cloud) maybe you're better off just getting him off the books and try to gain your cap space cap back?

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Former big time agent Ralph Cindrich has said the Steelers could release AB for cause ( missed MRI and going AWOL for last game) and seek some of his signing bonus back. And perhaps alleviating themselves of his 21 million cap burden for next season in the process. If he's damaged himself to the point that you don't get back more than a 4th round draft choice. (rumor has it the 49ers are out due to the assault cloud) maybe you're better off just getting him off the books and try to gain your cap space cap back?
    Trade him for a box of donuts before releasing him and letting AB pick where he goes.

Trade him for a box of donuts before releasing him and letting AB pick where he goes.

If I can release him for cause and get the 21 million cap hit back I'll take that over anything less than a 3rd. A lot of teams wont touch him. If the Steelers released him I don't think he would get anything near the 17 million he's due under his current contract.

If I can release him for cause and get the 21 million cap hit back I'll take that over anything less than a 3rd. A lot of teams wont touch him. If the Steelers released him I don't think he would get anything near the 17 million he's due under his current contract.
    I assume AJRII saying in interviews that AB probably did enough to get paid for week 17 rather than be suspended would be cited if any effort to clawback $21 million that already has been paid was based on failing to report for a MRI and leaving the Bengals game at halftime.

If a player is charged with murder the team has to eat the signing bonus it paid to the player before charges were brought

By releasing Hernandez last month, the Patriots surrendered the chance to try to recoup any portion of the $9.25 million signing bonus they already gave their former tight end as part of the five-year, $40 million contract extension he signed last August.

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/new-...ernandez-bonus

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

AB and his baby momma’s are lining up an appearance on the Jerry Springer show.

I’d watch that. Just imagining that made me laugh out loud. But, mostly I’m normal.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I don't know on this one. She was an uninvited guest in his home. Perhaps the better thing to do was for him to pick up the phone and call the police and tell them the mother of his child was at the door trying to force her way in. Still . . .

What really bothers me is I just don't see the AB of five years ago doing this. He always had a smile on his face and was so laid back. To be honest, I am really concerned about CTE.

Hope AB’s attorney has figured out how this will not expose AB to being questioned by the judge, the attorney for Ms Jackson, or someone from child services. Those folks
    may not be as obliging as the sportswriters AB talked with in Atlanta last week.
    Perhaps that's what he wants? If he's as innocent in the situation as he believes he is something like this will go a long way in clearing his name. No way a judge gives a kid to man who really just abuse the mother of the child. It's also an awfully big risk to take.

Perhaps that's what he wants? If he's as innocent in the situation as he believes he is something like this will go a long way in clearing his name. No way a judge gives a kid to man who really just abuse the mother of the child. It's also an awfully big risk to take.
    If you are claiming to be the parent who should receive full custody, any hearing on your fitness for custody compared to that of the mother presumably would not be limited to considering the incident at AB’s residence (the Hollywood FL police are reviewing that) but anything else that could impact the welfare of the child (emotional stability such as furniture tossing off balconies, drug use as indicated by AB looking baked in the Atlanta videos, improperly secured weapons in the residence such as those “stolen” from AB).

Not certain potentially opening that door is good for AB, but if AB has a good attorney hopefully the attorney knows how to keep any custody inquiry limited with regard to AB’s lifestyle choices.

What a cluster

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

I am done with Antonio Brown, It saddens me and concerns me that fans will make excuses for this man. I will not read any posts about him other than responses after he is traded if in fact he is traded. This young man is so ungrateful and clearly listening to the wrong people. His on the field behavior should have been curbed a few season ago. He appears to have the emotional age of a junior high PUNK. Some one should have kicked his ass a long time ago. Dignity and education are supposed to be a part of going to college. How the hell do these guys even get into college let alone progress while in college ? Listen to a guys like Ty law talk Rod Woodson, Joe Greene and yes even James Harrison then observe and listen to this underdeveloped punk. Some grow with career success and some spoil. I sincerely hope that he has a complete soul searching transformation and apologizes but I am not holding my breath.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Are there any examples of that actually happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler