Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schefter: Steelers May Still Use Transition Tag On Le’Veon Bell

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Schefter: Steelers May Still Use Transition Tag On Le’Veon Bell

Schefter: Steelers May Still Use Transition Tag On Le’Veon Bell

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on February 3, 2019

The Le’Veon Bell saga isn’t over just yet. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Pittsburgh Steelers are “still considering” placing the transition tag on Bell. From Schefter:

“Pittsburgh’s decision depends on how much another team would value Bell and whether the Steelers would be willing to match the offer sheet.”

During the regular season, Bell told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler the Steelers told Bell they would transition him should the two sides not hammer out a long-term deal. Bell skipped all of 2018 in response. As Schefter notes, the value of the tag would become murky.

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/sc...n-leveon-bell/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Schefter: Steelers May Still Use Transition Tag On Le’Veon Bell

Gosh. The Rams have no fans and everyone hates the Patriots. So the SB lead-up is talking about Steelers players who didn't even play this year?

This game better not suck or we are going to start getting updates on Chris Boswell's groin.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

This story is more disappointing in the fact that the Steelers don't appear to be battling the fact that Bell sat out last year and that the franchise tag should be able to be used again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

If this is true, its unbelievable. Just let him go and move on.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

^^ I agree.. I don't even want him in a steeler uniform.. Time to move on.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Good for them. Bell wants to make the NFL all about business and leveraging assets and whatnot -- then fine. Here's how contracts work.

I think if Gurley has a good to great SB, Bell gets paid. If Rams lose or CJ Anderson outplays Gurley, Bell's market craters.

I also think that the fact that Kareem Hunt exists and some NFL team will be willing to sign him will drag Bell's market down. I totally thought Bell would have a massive market with Hunt getting extended this off-season as well after the Chiefs were in the SB and Hunt and Gurley lit it up.

But I think that I am being proven waaaay wrong on all this and those that predicted money now was better than maybe money later were pretty freaking smart.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Good for them. Bell wants to make the NFL all about business and leveraging assets and whatnot -- then fine. Here's how contracts work.

I think if Gurley has a good to great SB, Bell gets paid. If Rams lose or CJ Anderson outplays Gurley, Bell's market craters.

I also think that the fact that Kareem Hunt exists and some NFL team will be willing to sign him will drag Bell's market down. I totally thought Bell would have a massive market with Hunt getting extended this off-season as well after the Chiefs were in the SB and Hunt and Gurley lit it up.

But I think that I am being proven waaaay wrong on all this and those that predicted money now was better than maybe money later were pretty freaking smart.

I think the fact that CJ Anderson already played almost an entire game over a healthy Gurley made quite a statement.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

"My stats say i'm almost as good as the guy making $14.3 million, only I'm fat and out of shape, I haven't played for over a year, I have multiple drug suspensions and continue to hang out with and appear in pictures with people smoking weed, I've shown myself liable to walk out the door over any perceived slight, and also I am an unpredictable headcase or just an asshole. So pay me more than that guy." Not a real strong case that they gonna have to pay you 15.

I say go for it, slap the tranny tag on him, and if the highest offer that comes in is $9 million, then hell, just match it. If not, we haven't lost anything.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    "My stats say i'm almost as good as the guy making $14.3 million, only I'm fat and out of shape, I haven't played for over a year, I have multiple drug suspensions and continue to hang out with and appear in pictures with people smoking weed, I've shown myself liable to walk out the door over any perceived slight, and also I am an unpredictable headcase or just an asshole. So pay me more than that guy." Not a real strong case that they gonna have to pay you 15.

I say go for it, slap the tranny tag on him, and if the highest offer that comes in is $9 million, then hell, just match it. If not, we haven't lost anything.
    Well if you do slap a tranny tag on him. San Fran may want him as well.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Omg let him go

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Omg let him go
    Oh F#$k no. I want them to torture that asshole. They should use every avenue to at their disposal. When all is said and done, he didn't get paid at all last year. That's $14.5 million he didn't get. I want to see the best offer come in at $8-$9 million per season and have to watch him suck it up and remember the $70 million dollar contract that the Steelers laid in front of him that he pissed on knowing he'll NEVER see a contact that big again. Nothing would be more poetic justice. (Well, seeing Brady throw a pic 6 in the Super Bowl to lose the game would, but I'm being realistic...lol)

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Please god no. Ride with Conner and Samuels. Better production and 1/10 the cost

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Well, I think the only markets that took off after this super bowl was Belichik’s, his DC and undersized slot receivers who know how to run their routes.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep the circus in town......

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep the circus in town......
    Might as well it's becoming the AJRII big top.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Well if you do slap a tranny tag on him. San Fran may want him as well.
    If SF couldn't get Brady, we don't need to worry about them getting anyone else for that reason.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

If SF couldn't get Brady, we don't need to worry about them getting anyone else for that reason.
    Lol thank you and got it!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Cowher said on CBS 2 months ago. "Mr Rooney doesn't reward players for not showing up".

I can see them going to arbitration for a lower cap number and then using it to sign and trade Bell to somebody for a season. They aren't going to reward him with easy unrestricted free agency. If he showed up and played out the tag, then they might have.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Cowher said on CBS 2 months ago. "Mr Rooney doesn't reward players for not showing up".

I can see them going to arbitration for a lower cap number and then using it to sign and trade Bell to somebody for a season. They aren't going to reward him with easy unrestricted free agency. If he showed up and played out the tag, then they might have.
    Exactly. They have to turn the situation to their favor before they just let him walk

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Plus, AB will be watching all of this closely.

If Bell simply “walks”, my bet is that AB ramps up his antics.

Whereas, if “leaving for another team” becomes an arduous task for Bell, AB might cool his jets a bit.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

Whereas, if “leaving for another team” becomes an arduous task for Bell, AB might cool his jets a bit.
    I say get rid of them both. Less distractions we have to deal with.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

It’s interesting to look back at 2017’s offense. We had AB, Bryant, and rookie JuJu. Bell, and rookie Conner. And an automatic Boswell. 2019 looks like JuJu and Conner. That ‘Killer B’ offense never lived up to it’s hype.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

When you are in serial child support disputes, keep having cash "stolen" from your safes, and are blowing $$$ on GOAT jewelry not certain AB is in a position to lose the cash flow of a year's salary to make his point like Bell did

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    When you are in serial child support disputes, keep having cash "stolen" from your safes, and are blowing $$$ on GOAT jewelry not certain AB is in a position to lose the cash flow of a year's salary to make his point like Bell did
    AB catches that TD pass Cooks dropped. That’s the kind of stuff that will never be replaced...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Also, AB appears to be selfish in the way that he cares about individual stats and his own fame as a football player. Whereas Bell is selfish in the way that he cares about money, weed, and pretending to be a rapper who doesn't give a fuck.

The first kind of selfish you can work with. The other kind, not so much.

Bell be like

See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    AB catches that TD pass Cooks dropped. That’s the kind of stuff that will never be replaced...
    Agreed - my point was if the Steelers do not want to give that up unless they get what they regard as appropriate value in a trade AB is less likely to be able to just sit out the season if he is not traded

Also, AB appears to be selfish in the way that he cares about individual stats and his own fame as a football player. Whereas Bell is selfish in the way that he cares about money, weed, and pretending to be a rapper who doesn't give a fuck.

The first kind of selfish you can work with. The other kind, not so much.

Bell be like

Agreed - my point was if the Steelers do not want to give that up unless they get what they regard as appropriate value in a trade AB is less likely to be able to just sit out the season if he is not traded
    Great Simpsons reference!

I think Bell shocked almost everyone by not playing. The old cliche that football players play football and whatnot. AB, for a variety of reasons, will eventually show up and play. The real question is will Rooney/Tomlin/Colbert/Teammates be willing to have that happen if AB just kinda tries to coast through his "unpleasantness" and not directly address it? Because that is what he will attempt to do. Just ignore and deny until it is time to strap it up and go.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Screw them both they are linked to a larger root cause of what is wrong with this team. I hope Steelers paly hardball with both of them

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Gosh. The Rams have no fans and everyone hates the Patriots. So the SB lead-up is talking about Steelers players who didn't even play this year?

This game better not suck or we are going to start getting updates on Chris Boswell's groin.
    I would just love for the Steelers......not to be in the news every time a player spits on the ground. People want to blame it on Tomlin, or Mr Rooney, or Colbert but I think the Steelers are just a media target. Maybe it’s a good thing that there is now another team that has six Lombardis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I would just love for the Steelers......not to be in the news every time a player spits on the ground. People want to blame it on Tomlin, or Mr Rooney, or Colbert but I think the Steelers are just a media target. Maybe it’s a good thing that there is now another team that has six Lombardis.
    Well, a big part of it is that we had the #1 running back in the league and the #1 receiver in the league on the same team, and both of those guys are ... malfunctioning ... at the same time. I don't think that's ever happened before.
    See you Space Cowboy ...