Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you're Colbert, two free agents you sign

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

If you're Colbert, two free agents you sign

I would be a big fan of Hicks the ILB from the Eagles and Roby the CB from the Broncos.

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Re: If your Colbert, two free agents you sign

I sign Steve Belichick. Son of you know who and let him be the Defensive coordinator. If your father is Darth Vader, chances his son is going to have " it " too. I want this secret family Miyagi do football that nearly shut out the #2 offensive in football in the super bowl on my team. Darth Hoodie himself is mentoring this up and coming young professional defensive backs coach.

Oh what potential, and it would piss New England off.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Dee Ford and CJ Moseley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

CBs Breeland and Roby. Both!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Dream Scenario: Steve Nelson at CB and Jadeveon Clowney as roving monster. Then I get wacky and play around with packages with Dupree, Watt, and Clowney all on the field behind Tuitt/Hargrave/Heyward. Because, while that would get eaten alive in the short passing game, it would be fun to see what would happen!

Realistic Scenario: Deone Buchannon as an undersized ILB/Dimebacker and some dirtball tarnshed former prospect like Daryl Worley at CB -- he would fit right in!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

a colbert move

Connor Barwin 2 years to late

Jimmie Ward another corner with limited ball skills ...............
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

I have a feeling the Steelers are going to go after higher valued free agents this off season. I believe they are considering using the transition tag on Bell to trade him because they know the Compensatory pick for Bell will not be a third because they will be major players in free agency. The fact that they are looking to extend Ben and free up even more cap space makes me believe they are looking to make higher quality free agent moves. They also will have the most money to spend during free agency that I can ever remember.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

CJ Mosely and whoever

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

What about a guy like Kwon Alexander to play alongside Vince Williams?

I know he is coming off an ACL injury, but it is 2019 and those don't scare me anymore. I don't know a ton about him.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I sign Steve Belichick. Son of you know who and let him be the Defensive coordinator. If your father is Darth Vader, chances his son is going to have " it " too. I want this secret family Miyagi do football that nearly shut out the #2 offensive in football in the super bowl on my team. Darth Hoodie himself is mentoring this up and coming young professional defensive backs coach.

Oh what potential, and it would piss New England off.
    Maybe right before we win our next super bowl he'll chop off Bill's arm with a claymore, that alone would be worth it :chuckle

Kwon would be a upgrade at the ILB spot. Mojouw if you get a chance checkout Jordan Hicks. Coming off a knee injury this year and was still better than anyone the Steelers have on the roster. I think he could be the Farrior type player we have been waiting for. I’ve been a fan since he was a longhorn. Good chance Eagles have to let him walk with all their free agents.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    CJ Mosely and whoever

If they signed Mosely and Shazier made a miraculous return...….imagine that wet dream at ILB!

A guy can dream, right?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: If you're Colbert, two free agents you sign

If he hits the open market, give me DeMarcus Lawrence.

If that came to fruition, you could keep the second free agent.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    If he hits the open market, give me DeMarcus Lawrence.

If that came to fruition, you could keep the second free agent.
    I think I read Lawrence is being franchise tagged. But yes, please sign him!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I think I read Lawrence is being franchise tagged. But yes, please sign him!
    Yep

I shoukd have highlighted the “If” in red. LOL

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Matt Bryant (former Kicker of the Falcons) also is a free agent, he missed only one FG last year.

If the Chargers don’t resign Jason Vsrrett, I would run him through some drills and see what an extensive physical says about his health. Two years ago he was a upper echelon corner in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

40 YARD DASH: 4.38 SEC
    VERTICAL JUMP: 39.0 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 128.0 INCH
    3 CONE DRILL: 6.69 SEC
    20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.00 SEC
    Jason Varrett numbers at the 2014 combine, play matched on the field. Issues are injury prone and some would say height and weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hound View Post
    If the Chargers don’t resign Jason Vsrrett, I would run him through some drills and see what an extensive physical says about his health. Two years ago he was a upper echelon corner in the league.

- - - Updated - - -

40 YARD DASH: 4.38 SEC
    VERTICAL JUMP: 39.0 INCH
    BROAD JUMP: 128.0 INCH
    3 CONE DRILL: 6.69 SEC
    20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.00 SEC
    Jason Varrett numbers at the 2014 combine, play matched on the field. Issues are injury prone and some would say height and weight.
    That is a hard NO.

Varrett can not stay healthy. He has played in: 6, 14, 4, 1 games in each season. He hasn’t really even played since September of 2017 (he came onto the field in 2018, and immediately got injured).

I’d be willing to give it a shot if the price is right and he passes an in-depth physical. The price has to be right though. Not a strong FA class for cornerbacks this year.

That is a hard NO.

Varrett can not stay healthy. He has played in: 6, 14, 4, 1 games in each season. He hasn’t really even played since September of 2017 (he came onto the field in 2018, and immediately got injured).
    I’d be willing to give it a shot if the price is right and he passes an in-depth physical. The price has to be right though. Not a strong FA class for cornerbacks this year.
    I'm with Hound on this one. For the right price and assuming he can still run at a high level, I bring the guy in and don't count on him for anything. If he plays and doesn't have a tendon or ligament explode, then great. Cam Sutton or someone can sit right the hell back on the bench. If another body part explodes, then I just make sure I have a "Plan B" and "Plan C" that I am comfortable with.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ould-consider/
    Four realistic candidates that could be out there as FA. Not the deepest draft or FA class for CB. Hopefully some of these guys are out there.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...ould-consider/
    Four realistic candidates that could be out there as FA. Not the deepest draft or FA class for CB. Hopefully some of these guys are out there.
    I would gladly take any of those four CBs. They are all solid #2 CBs (if not #1s).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I would gladly take any of those four CBs. They are all solid #2 CBs (if not #1s).
    Trade AB for Howard and a 1. Sign one of these guys and there’s your solid starting 3 CBS with Hilton. Two first round picks to get whatever you want in the draft. Sign Randall Cobb to play across from JuJu. Done...back in contention.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Trade AB for Howard and a 1. Sign one of these guys and there’s your solid starting 3 CBS with Hilton. Two first round picks to get whatever you want in the draft. Sign Randall Cobb to play across from JuJu. Done...back in contention.
    Done!!!

I’ll email Tomlin & Colbert.

bladesofgrass@obviously.com

cantdraftcorners@wrguru.net

Done!!!

I’ll email Tomlin & Colbert.

bladesofgrass@obviously.com

cantdraftcorners@wrguru.net
    Doesn’t have to be Cobb. Demariyus Thomas May not be a bad option and could come cheap.

Anthony Barr would also be on my wish list and a possible replacement for Bud

Anthony Barr would also be on my wish list and a possible replacement for Bud
    Barr is a bit of a disappointment as a pass rusher. Good player but seems to have settled in as a jack of all trades master of none.

Your right about Barr. The more I think about it, not sure if he is a big upgrade over Bud.

If Ramon Foster isn’t brought back, Matt Paradis at LG would give us the best interior O-line that the NFL has seen in years.

I’m good with BJ at the guard spot. With BJ and Fieler our interior depth is good. With Fieler, Chucks, Banner and Hawkins our tackle depth is good. I wouldn’t spend money on the offensive side of the ball, unless AB is delt. I would then go after a field stretching WR. John Brown or even consider bringing Mike Wallace back. I know he is a one trick pony but when he was with the Steelers last time Wallace and Ben had a undeniable chemistry.