Thread: Most Epic Non-MVP Performances in Steelers Super Bowl History

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Most Epic Non-MVP Performances in Steelers Super Bowl History

While they may have company around 10:00 p.m. on Sunday Evening, the Pittsburgh Steelers saw their reign as six-time Lombardi winners reach ten years on Friday. Nobody can forget the five men whose MVP performances made those victories possible. Guys with monikers like Franco, Swanny, TB, Hines and Tone have been immortalized in Steeler Nation for winning Best in Show honors. But many more men to don the hypocycloids on their domes besides Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, Terry Bradshaw, Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes were responsible for those six rings. BTSC has prepared a ranking of the best-of-the-best not to be awarded the MVP trophies on those six championship teams.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...roethlisberger

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Most Epic Non-MVP Performances in Steelers Super Bowl History

I had to vote Dwight White. The guy had to be running on fumes and pure adrenaline. True gutsy Steelers player.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Neil O'Donnell, should have been the first Super Bowl MVP for the losing team since Chuck Howley

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Stallworth in XIV all the way.

Noll told Bradshaw they had to win the game by the pass. Running game stalled. Stallworth carried the team in the 4th quarter.
    Swann was hurt so that left Stallworth to win it.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The voice of reason Array title="GoSlash27 has a reputation beyond repute"> GoSlash27's Avatar

It's a dirty word these days, but Deebo Harrison won SB XLIII for us. He deserved MVP for that IMO.
    "You've heard people brag about 'being in the zone'. They don't know what the Hell being in the zone is about. I played in the NFL for 15 years and I was only in the zone that one time." - "Mean" Joe Greene on the 1974 playoff victory over Oakland

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Whoever led the effort on the 1995 SB defense. Held Emmitt Smith to 2.2 ypc for 55 yards and the Cowboys were 2-10 on 3rd downs in that game. Still a travesty that the offense just gave that game away.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Whoever led the effort on the 1995 SB defense. Held Emmitt Smith to 2.2 ypc for 55 yards and the Cowboys were 2-10 on 3rd downs in that game. Still a travesty that the offense just gave that game away.
    Kirkland ? I remember he was a beast up the middle in that game. He knocked Aikman about 8 yards back towards the end of the game when they needed a stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

Noll told Bradshaw they had to win the game by the pass. Running game stalled. Stallworth carried the team in the 4th quarter.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    This!

- - - Updated - - -

Honorable mention, Willie Parker in XL and Steelers offense wasn't doing much until his 75 yard TD run. Also great block by Faneca!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Kirkland ? I remember he was a beast up the middle in that game. He knocked Aikman about 8 yards back towards the end of the game when they needed a stop.

- - - Updated - - -

This!

- - - Updated - - -

Honorable mention, Willie Parker in XL and Steelers offense wasn't doing much until his 75 yard TD run. Also great block by Faneca!
    Kirkland was a beast that whole game and Andre Hastings was pretty clutch as a receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Kirkland was a beast that game, he would have gotten MVP had they pulled off the win imo. Besides that play he was all over the place and seemed to always be the player stopping Dallas on their 3rd downs.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

This one gets my vote also. And Stallworth still holds the single-SB yards-per-reception record for that game. (40.33 YPR! )

I've even heard Bradshaw admit Stallworth should've gotten MVP for that game instead of himself as well.