Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WRs and TEs thread

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: WRs and TEs thread

The Steelers have a #1 TE. Not surprising that they may wait till day 3 to draft one.

Wouldn't shock me if they trade for one if there is a team out there with depth at TE.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    would you be willing to trade up for Hockenson?
    I thought so earlier on, but now I wouldn't trade up for anyone in this draft. Hockenson won't make it past the Packers @ 12.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    The Steelers have a #1 TE. Not surprising that they may wait till day 3 to draft one.

Wouldn't shock me if they trade for one if there is a team out there with depth at TE.
    That #1 TE has a history of glass, I expect that to resume this year and that's it for the TE's.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That #1 TE has a history of glass, I expect that to resume this year and that's it for the TE's.
    I thought VD was pretty healthy last year and not sure he earns the Fragile Fred label.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I thought VD was pretty healthy last year and not sure he earns the Fragile Fred label.
    VD.... Healthy....it burns when I pee!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    VD.... Healthy....it burns when I pee!
    Haha and see a doctor and get rid of it Al Capone. PS I'm still suffering from the Artie Burns.

I'd say he earned it from his past history. He had a good year last year, I believe he only missed the Brown's game and played in 15 games, the first time since his rookie year. His hands are not a sure thing and he hasn't been consistent in blocking and behind him we have nothing. Doesn't matter tho, we just need a few more superstar WR's so we can win the SB. LMAO!

I'd say he earned it from his past history. He had a good year last year, I believe he only missed the Brown's game, the first time since his rookie year. His hands are not a sure thing and he hasn't been consistent in blocking and behind him we have nothing. Doesn't matter tho, we just need a few more superstar WR's so we can win the SB. LMAO!
    Yep he still had some hand issues last season. I still like him but would be all for trading up for Hockerson as well.

Yep he still had some hand issues last season. I still like him but would be all for trading up for Hockerson as well.
    I like him also, but Hock, Fant or Smith would be a huge upgrade and would add another dimension to the offense

I like him also, but Hock, Fant or Smith would be a huge upgrade and would add another dimension to the offense
    Yep I'm happy with Vance but wouldn't mind seeing any of the three drafted. Instead of WR early.

Antoine Wesley maybe a late pick?

Tall but thin, Wesley makes up for his lack of explosiveness and long speed with rare ball skills and attention to detail in his route running. When the ball is in the air, he can quiet his surrounding and hyper-focus on ball-tracking and catch-point. Historically, players with comparable height, weight and lack of speed numbers get drafted later and struggle to make a difference in the league; however, his ridiculous ball skills and functional separation in tight quarters give him a chance to buck the trend.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The WR most like JuJu (and Hines Ward) is AJ Brown, Ole Miss.

A local WR who doesn’t count against the “visits” is Nehari Crawford, Duquesne.

Nice interesting read from the other NFL PA team

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...first-round-te

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Unless Hock, Fant or Smith are going to cover Keenan Allen, I'd rather go defense with our first pick...

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Unless Hock, Fant or Smith are going to cover Keenan Allen, I'd rather go defense with our first pick...
    ILB's should never be covering a teams 1WR ever! There is the problem and on the coach! Not sure drafting a better one would help that much.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

ILB's should never be covering a teams 1WR ever! There is the problem and on the coach! Not sure drafting a better one would help that much.
    No, that’s gonna happen every once in a while with personnel mismatches. When it happens on every play...then you are right...scheme and coach have problems. Even with Shazier, even with 4 Shaziers, it’s a dumb game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Yep I'm happy with Vance but wouldn't mind seeing any of the three drafted.
    in the Steelers 6 losses last year they gave up an average of exactly 30 points per game. give me the 3 down LB over the #2 TE who only plays about half of the snaps (we run 11 personnel more often than any other formation).