Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Super Bowl LIII Thread

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl LIII Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    According to many around here, Belichick is the only coach who is better than Tomlin, and if you suggest hiring anyone else, you are delusional and we would be doomed to an endless parade of 4-12 seasons or worse, because only the Browns ever make coaching changes.

Only established NFL head coaches with multiple Super Bowl wins are acceptable replacements; no one else will ever make a good coach, and once they retire the league will probably explode.

Also, none of those suitable coaches will ever be available and you are delusional if you think that's a possibility as well. So it's Tomlin or nothing until the end of time!
    #hyperbole
    #strawmanarguments
    #itsnotblackandwhite

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Technically, we could hire "Billicheck" some coach who was just mediocre at his first stop and an unstoppable Force with another.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Banned Array title="tom444 has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

I don't know! Not my job! Toyotas suck!
    Don't buy a Toyota.

Don't like the Steelers right now, don't watch 'em until they pull their head out of their collective ass.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    #hyperbole
    #strawmanarguments
    #itsnotblackandwhite
    Hashtags are so 2017. Get some clapping-hand emojis and put them after every word if you want to be taken seriously.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

We can argue about comparing Tomlin to other head coaches, but I think it perfectly clear to me that they aren't winning another Super Bowl with Tomlin as head coach, they certainly aren't winning another Super Bowl with Keith Butler as DC (you can't defend retaining this guy, 4 years and he ha shown he is just utterly clueless), and they most definitely aren't winning a Super Bowl as long as Art continues to bury his hand in the sand and pretend that everything is fine and do very little needed to fix this organization.

Best case scenario is the head coach wins the 7th Lombardi for Pittsburgh is currently a coordinator on another NFL team (definitely isn't anyone on the current coaching staff), and yes there are quality coordinators out there who will make great head coaches, it is impossible to predicts which ones, but normally the best head coaching hires throughout NFL history have been coordinators with no prior head coaching experience).

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    We can argue about comparing Tomlin to other head coaches, but I think it perfectly clear to me that they aren't winning another Super Bowl with Tomlin as head coach, they certainly aren't winning another Super Bowl with Keith Butler as DC (you can't defend retaining this guy, 4 years and he ha shown he is just utterly clueless), and they most definitely aren't winning a Super Bowl as long as Art continues to bury his hand in the sand and pretend that everything is fine and do very little needed to fix this organization.
    But isn't that good enough, you spoiled delusional fan?

You don't know as much as the head coach himself and/or are not involved in professional football for a living, so you are not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

It is impossible to do better than Tomlin unless you already have had a Hall of Fame coaching career.

Changing coaches is always a negative thing and a sign of weakness as a franchise.

Insert further loaded rhetorical argument here.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This is from Pro Football Reference. The entire argument that Tomlin simply needs to be replaced because...(insert gripe here), is naive at best. Of course coaches can be successfully replaced. Nobody would ever argue that they couldn't. But when you have a coach that has the track record and success rate of Mike Tomlin you cannot just simply replace that with 'next guy up'.

On a personal note, I like old school coaches that win with fundamental football and moving the chains. I am not from the 'Fantasy Football' generation, or the 'Madden' generation. I do not need everything explained to me up front, nor do I expect the Steelers to keep us fans aware of what future plans may be. If you consider that the 2017 Steelers roster was just a tad different from the 2018 roster, meaning minus a few stars and with apparent AB issues early on, ONLY winning 9 games constitutes a successful job by Tomlin and co. In fact it was a damn good job! But I guess most fans know better because they dominate Madden on Franchise Mode(Just asked my son what that is called).

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...es/TomlMi0.htm

Now try to compare and contrast with an open mind and not just with the usual emotional have to be right mindset. Real conversation is what this forum used to be mostly comprised of. Bring back the old glory.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Hashtags are so 2017. Get some clapping-hand emojis and put them after every word if you want to be taken seriously.
    Maybe I’m just getting old... but, what the f*ck does that hand clapping thing mean???

Am I supposed to clap between each word? If so, am I supposed to read it in Special Ed’s voice???

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

What emoji would I use for “dufuq”...???