Thread: Art Rooney continues “all is well” media tour

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Art Rooney continues “all is well” media tour

The Steelers are in crisis mode. And the best evidence of it is that owner Art Rooney II is trying very hard to create the impression that the Steelers aren’t in crisis mode.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ll-media-tour/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney continues all is well media tour

Why post articles by Florio?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Is it uncharacteristic? I don't usually pay attention but I thought others have posted that he does this round of local media at the end of every season?

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Is it uncharacteristic? I don't usually pay attention but I thought others have posted that he does this round of local media at the end of every season?
    I dont recall him doing his much but then again, I dont think anyone has been paying this much attention or having this much drama at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yeah he did the same thing last season. Print media and sports talk radio end of season interviews

This from last season

Art Rooney II keeps even keel about Steelers' wild 2017 season
    https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201802120009

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney continues “all is well” media tour

I don't always agree with Florio but I do here. In fact, this is how I felt before reading this article.

Fiorio isn't always wrong and we aren't always right. Of course, we know more than anyone, just ask us. I mean when you think of it we know more than every former Steeler player who says anything that questions Tomlin. They are negative and bitter, even Rocky Bleier. There isn't one blogger, sports writer or sports announcer who knows what they are doing, they are all looking for click bait.

I think we need to get off the front porch more often.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I don't always agree with Florio but I do here. In fact, this is how I felt before reading this article.

Fiorio isn't always wrong and we aren't always right. Of course, we know more than anyone, just ask us. I mean when you think of it we know more than every former Steeler player who says anything that questions Tomlin. They are negative and bitter, even Rocky Bleier. There isn't one blogger, sports writer or sports announcer who knows what they are doing, they are all looking for click bait.

I think we need to get off the front porch more often.
    "Rooney has embarked on an extended, and uncharacteristic, local media tour"

This from Bouchette on this week's interview

Those were a few of the many topics touched on and statements made by Steelers president Art Rooney II in his annual postseason review Wednesday afternoon with seven beat reporters covering the team.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201802120009

If AJRII did it last year what is "uncharacteristic" about it?

Of course AJRII is spinning how the the season ended but Florio leaves the impression AJRII met with the local media as often as Pope Francis does before this week

No question Florio often provides good information but he also stirs the pot - props to him for designing a good business model that is not always limited by the tiresome constraints of being accurate

Like this

Do the Steelers aspire to be the Patriots, or do they aspire to be the Bengals? The problem is that, based on recent seasons, no one is really aspiring to be the Steelers.
    That doesn’t matter to Rooney, because his comments weren’t aimed at confronting the truth but holding off a potential fan revolt that eventually could force Rooney to hire a new coach.

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...736#post678736

Just a wild guess that AJRII cares about the reputation of the Steelers his grandfather and father built and that he wants to honor - but that's just me.

Maybe AJRII told Florio something different - or maybe Florio just enjoys throwing chum in the water to stir up his readers by getting linked in threads like this and drawing page clicks.

It's entertainment not reputable journalism - whatever it takes to pay the bills

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    "Rooney has embarked on an extended, and uncharacteristic, local media tour"

If AJRII did it last year what is "uncharateristic" about it?

Of course AJRII is spinning how the the season ended but Florio leAves the impression AJRII meets with the local media as often as Pope Francis does
    Florio often provides good information but he also stirs the pot

I think it's Rooney's message more than anything Florio is getting at, which imo is weak and very transparent. We stir the pot here pretty well also.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    We stir the pot here pretty well also.
    True that - but unfortunately we are not getting a sweet payday and network gigs for it like Florio

True that - but unfortunately we are not getting a sweet payday and network gigs for it like Florio

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

You guys don’t get paid for your posts? I have a sweet multi-year contract.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post

I missed the framed picture of Danny Smith on the wall!

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Remember when Brady and Bellichick hated each other? How Bellichick wanted to keep Garraffolo and trade Brady? How Kraft was undermining Bellichick? How Gronk was going to retire? How Bellichick wanted to trade Gronk to the Lions in the offseason? How did that all that work out?

Yeah I thought so.

F'ing bunch of B.S. Once they start playing meaningful games again none of this shit matters. The only thing that will matter is how they draft, who they sign and how last years rookies progress etc...
    Last edited by zulater; 01-22-2019 at 11:48 AM.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    F'ing bunch of B.S. Once they start playing meaningful games again none of this shit matters. The only thing that will matter is how they draft, who they sign and how last years rookies progress etc...
    It might matter what they do with AB.....

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It might matter what they do with AB.....
    It will and it won't. Life will go on either way. The Steelers will not cease to exist or be unable to contend without him. They will have just have to go about things in a slightly different manner. And it actually might be an improvement! It might be the trigger needed to get the correct balance on offense.

All I know is this. Ben was great before AB was a Steeler and led this team to many wins. Ben's QBR was 3rd best in the league last season and among his best of his career. So the thought that he's past it comes across as silly to me. Even without AB I see next year's offensive talent as equal to or better than the 2008 team. And possibly as good or better than the 2010 team.

The defense can be turned around with 2 strong additions. Here's hoping that comes about.

Anyway regardless this toxic locker room thing is greatly exaggerated imo. Playing and winning will cure whatever ails them.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    You guys don’t get paid for your posts? I have a sweet multi-year contract.
    as soon as my rookie contract expires I'm going to set a new contract bar for message board posters. I'm not doing this for me mind you, but rather for all those new young posters coming up the ranks...

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

All Defense!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post

The Steelers long history of losing suggests these memes apply.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Art Rooney continues all is well media tour

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler