Thread: Art Rooney II: No 'culture problem' for the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Art Rooney II: No 'culture problem' for the Steelers

Art Rooney II: No 'culture problem' for the Steelers

SEAN GENTILLE
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

"The first test for me is the performance on the field. ... And I think the record speaks for itself."

to read rest of article:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201901180112

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney II: No 'culture problem' for the Steelers

This is gonna get ugly...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

He sure is focused on those 13 games last year. Hey Art the Steelers won 4 SB in the 1970's too. His Mother would do a better job.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

He's right. When people walk into the Steelers facility they sense class. Not chaos. Between coaches, players, staff, ownership, the supposed clown show was limited to about 4 main players. James Harrison, Leveon Bell, AB, and Martavis Bryant. All gone now. If you want to include Ben or Tomlin that's on you. I don't think it extends beyond public perception.

Can't wait until next season when AB and Lev Bell start delivering their headaches elsewhere. And the Steeler culture comes back to where it is supposed to be.

Last thing. There was no hint or rumor of the Steelers being dysfunctional until AB has his sideline temper tantrum, Then James Harrison and Martavis started their shit . Then Lev followed up by not showing up for the Jaguar playoff game walkthrough. There's your problems. None they're gone.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    He's right. When people walk into the Steelers facility they sense class. Not chaos. Between coaches, players, staff, ownership, the supposed clown show was limited to about 4 main players. James Harrison, Leveon Bell, AB, and Martavis Bryant. All gone now. If you want to include Ben or Tomlin that's on you. I don't think it extends beyond public perception.

Can't wait until next season when AB and Lev Bell start delivering their headaches elsewhere. And the Steeler culture comes back to where it is supposed to be.

Last thing. There was no hint or rumor of the Steelers being dysfunctional until AB has his sideline temper tantrum, Then James Harrison and Martavis started their shit . Then Lev followed up by not showing up for the Jaguar playoff game walkthrough. There's your problems. None they're gone.

Maybe they will be on the same team.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

de·ni·al
    /dəˈnīəl/Submit
    noun
    the action of declaring something to be untrue.
    "she shook her head in denial"
    synonyms: contradiction, counterstatement, refutation, rebuttal, repudiation, disclaimer, retraction, abjuration; More
    a statement that something is not true.
    plural noun: denials
    "official denials"
    synonyms: contradiction, counterstatement, refutation, rebuttal, repudiation, disclaimer, retraction, abjuration; More
    the refusal of something requested or desired.
    "the denial of insurance to people with certain medical conditions"
    synonyms: refusal, withholding, withdrawal; More

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    de·ni·al
    /dəˈnīəl/Submit
    noun
    the action of declaring something to be untrue.
    "she shook her head in denial"
    a statement that something is not true.
    plural noun: denials
    "official denials"
    the refusal of something requested or desired.
    "the denial of insurance to people with certain medical conditions"
    synonyms: refusal, withholding, withdrawal; More
    Read the Wexall article. There's no widespread chaos or discord in that facility that can't be sanitized with the extermination of the rats already eliminated.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

I read an article from Lolley today which among other things mentioned the Steeler circus atmosphere.

As for the idea that the Steelers are some kind of out-of-control circus, Rooney disputed that.
    “As far as I’m concerned, it’s nonsense,” Rooney said. “We work hard to get to where we are. I think you evaluate the season, we didn’t achieve our goal of winning the division, but we finished a half-game of winning the division.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Sorry Art but pretending a problem isn't there won't make it go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I read an article from Lolley today which among other things mentioned the Steeler circus atmosphere.

As for the idea that the Steelers are some kind of out-of-control circus, Rooney disputed that.
    “As far as I’m concerned, it’s nonsense,” Rooney said. “We work hard to get to where we are. I think you evaluate the season, we didn’t achieve our goal of winning the division, but we finished a half-game of winning the division.

So glad the standard is that and not you know winning a Super Bowl

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Wexell took shots at other writers in his article for bringing that up rather than asking questions that deserved respect like those asked by Wexell.

The questions regarding in-house soap operas continued all season, and most noticeably with the quarterback. It also became noticeable that the quarterback hated those questions, and his replies carried, in my opinion, the lack of respect such questions deserved. And also in my opinion, he's currently being paid back for that attitude.

Call me an enabler if you like, but I only asked Roethlisberger football questions.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...ama-127949110/

Apparently discord within the Steelers has spread to those who cover the Steelers

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

AB (and LeVeon for that matter) aren’t gone...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    AB (and LeVeon for that matter) aren’t gone...yet.

Maybe they both stay and help the no culture problem. I think it's amazing that Art can find comfort that the team came within a half-game of winning the division, even though the Steelers had a two-game lead over the Ravens who were in a nose dive. Over and out
    Last edited by Shoes; 01-18-2019 at 10:28 PM.