Thread: T.J. Watt is headed to the Pro Bowl in place of Jadeveon Clowney

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

T.J. Watt is headed to the Pro Bowl in place of Jadeveon Clowney

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a very talented roster, and for the second straight year they will be sending a handful of players to participate in the Pro Bowl. This year, they have had two players added to the roster as injury replacements.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...s-steelers-nfl

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: T.J. Watt is headed to the Pro Bowl in place of Jadeveon Clowney

Deserved to be in the pro bowl. Had a fantastic year.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Well deserved. Look forward to him playing with JJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

How Clowney got in over Watt is freaking stupid anyway

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    How Clowney got in over Watt is freaking stupid anyway
    Reputation. Clowney is great. At least 10 snaps a game! lol He's mediocre on 30 snaps and disappears on 10!

Watt has become a serious 3 down ( or 4) player. You never want him off the field and he always plays every play to the end. Was a great draft choice. Such a shame he and Shazier couldn't have played a half decade together at their peaks. That would have been crazy good.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

That's now 8 guys named to the pro bowl this year on this team (odds are Ben gets selected as a replacement after this weekend pushing the number to 9), I think most in the league....

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    That's now 8 guys named to the pro bowl this year on this team (odds are Ben gets selected as a replacement after this weekend pushing the number to 9), I think most in the league....
    Odd that a team with a massive national following and good players gets a ton of votes. Shocking.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Odd that a team with a massive national following and good players gets a ton of votes. Shocking.
    Which of them that made it are undeserving?

James Conner would be my only suspect Pro Bowler. He was certainly tracking that way, but the time missed would have him on the outside looking in from my POV.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Which of them that made it are undeserving?

James Conner would be my only suspect Pro Bowler. He was certainly tracking that way, but the time missed would have him on the outside looking in from my POV.
    Didn't say that.

I was simply anticipating the chain of logic to erupt around here that X # of Pro Bowl selections = Y number of wins if the coaching didn't suck so therefore Pro Bowl selections conclusively proves that the 2018 Pittsburgh Steelers were an unfulfilled SB shoe-in.

Wanted to point out that anything that factors in fan voting is not the best barometer of achievement. Now All-Pro...might have a stronger case to sway things there.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Well deserved. Look forward to him playing with JJ
    I wouldn't think JJ will be playing so soon:

Texans DE J.J. Watt underwent minor knee procedure

By Herbie Teope
    Around The NFL Writer
    Published: Jan. 17, 2019

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...knee-procedure

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I wouldn't think JJ will be playing so soon:

Texans DE J.J. Watt underwent minor knee procedure

By Herbie Teope
    Around The NFL Writer
    Published: Jan. 17, 2019

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...knee-procedure
    Probably not...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    Reputation. Clowney is great. At least 10 snaps a game! lol He's mediocre on 30 snaps and disappears on 10!

Watt has become a serious 3 down ( or 4) player. You never want him off the field and he always plays every play to the end. Was a great draft choice. Such a shame he and Shazier couldn't have played a half decade together at their peaks. That would have been crazy good.
    True but I think Watt is compared to his brother which hurts more than helps him. They think if he doesn't get 20 sacks a season it's not great cause that's what his brother was known to do.

In any case he led basically every single category over Clowney. More sacks, tackles, passes defensed, and forced fumbles. There's absolutely no way Watt shouldn't have made it if Clowney did. I hate the fan voting for pro bowl, almost makes a pro bowl selection not as noteworthy as it used to be.

And yeah crazy to think if Shazier didn't get injured, this LB corps would actually be VERY good.