Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Harrison says some very interesting things

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

James Harrison says some very interesting things

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: James Harrison says some very interesting things

At this point I value James Harrison's opinion on steeler related issues just as much as I would say tedy bruschi or rodney Harrison.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    At this point I value James Harrison's opinion on steeler related issues just as much as I would say tedy bruschi or rodney Harrison.
    Because they do not exhibit as much clear animosity I regard even the opinions of Rodney & Bruschi as being more credible

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So a bunch of people with no actual information and nothing substantitive to say all got paid a bunch of money to make declarative and definitive statements about something they know very little about.

Cool. Cool. I knew this whole gaining expertise and education thing was a waste. I wish someone would have told me you just have to be loudest.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Nothing JH said was bad, it was all Sharp and his BS, blaming Ben for everything. Waste of my time watching that garbage.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So a bunch of people with no actual information and nothing substantitive to say all got paid a bunch of money to make declarative and definitive statements about something they know very little about.

Cool. Cool. I knew this whole gaining expertise and education thing was a waste. I wish someone would have told me you just have to be loudest.
    Welcome to the offseason ... props to these guys for leveraging a limited skill set into something that pays the bills. Magic of the free market and all that

One reason I hesitate to pass along links to folks like Stephen A., Cowherd & Bayless is that page clicks are what they are looking for.

Same reason I do not get particularly outraged about it since that is what they are trolling for. Fortunately at least they are doing it in a corner of the world that is just a form of entertainment and is relatively unimportant (or is supposed to be)

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

How does Shannon Sharpe have a job? all the guy does is randomly yell incoherent bullshit, i had to turn it off after 3 mins, what did i miss?

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

It actually got interesting. Sharp said he knows why they let Joey Porter go and was implying that it has something to do with Ben. SS also tried to bait JH into telling him why, but to JH’s credit he said he didn’t know.

SS fascinates me, and sometimes he comes really close to making a point, but what was infuriating about the segment was that he kept implying that he and JH were agreeing when they weren’t.

When JH said that Tomlin has seen another player miss a Saturday walkthrough and still play, SS was SO sure he meant Ben when he was dead wrong.

SS mumbles out of both sides of his mouth. He was blaming Ben rather than AB, but then he said that the greats will take the privileges awarded by coaches but NOT abuse them. Ben never abused those privileges. AB did!

I will actually give JH a lot of credit. He was diplomatic, but informative, and I really did come away with more information than I came in with.

Tomlin really screwed this up in my opinion. Not in a million years should her have picked THIS game to lay down the law with AB. It was a must win, and way too late in the season. He should have let AB play and stayed consistent with the special privilege until AFTER the season. Then he should have smoothed things over with AB and explained that he can’t give him that special privilege anymore if he’s gonna abuse it.

I think Ben mishandled things with AB too, but I really think he criticized him to motivate him. Sure it would be great if AB wasn’t a baby, but that baby is better at what he does for a living than Ben, Tomlin or anyone else on that team is. And AB is NOT the leader of that team. Tomlin and Ben actually should smooth things out with AB if they want to win a Super Bowl.

Do they want to be right or do they want to win?

The Steelers hold enough cards with AB that they don’t have to trade him. But why not just make him happy? It won’t hurt team cohesion. If Tomlin can’t maintain team cohesion without also understanding that the greatest WR maybe ever comes with diva tendencies, the TOMLIN should be traded.

Yes, of course winning covers all these things. It’s supposed to! That’s why you keep diva WRs if they do their job better than anyone else. You manage those personalities and field the best team possible. You don’t make your team worse just to make a point. Not with a QB who is only gonna be good enough to get you there for 3 more years, tops.

And anyone who claims they’d rather have less “drama” even if it means having a worse team is an absolute fool who doesn’t deserve a championship team.

Senior Member Array title="Michael is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Nothing JH said was bad, it was all Sharp and his BS, blaming Ben for everything. Waste of my time watching that garbage.
    These guys get paid for this ignorant panel discussion. Yes! A total waste of time. Thank you .

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

And even if Ben has mishandled AB here and there, Ben is the ONLY one in the organization to have handled this well. He is the only one smart enough to know that he wants AB next year and did not say ONE bad thing about him.

Sorry if this is blasphemy but our current Rooney is an idiot for saying he doesn’t think AB will be on the team. Why say that? What possible good does it do?

Handle your shit in house and field a super bowl caliber team. No trade will make this team better next year without AB. None!

Look how this offense played without AB against the Bengals!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    And even if Ben has mishandled AB here and there, Ben is the ONLY one in the organization to have handled this well. He is the only one smart enough to know that he wants AB next year and did not say ONE bad thing about him.

Sorry if this is blasphemy but our current Rooney is an idiot for saying he doesn’t think AB will be on the team. Why say that? What possible good does it do?

Handle your shit in house and field a super bowl caliber team. No trade will make this team better next year without AB. None!

Look how this offense played without AB against the Bengals!
    The mess goes from the top to the bottom...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Well, I think Harrison has more insight on the defense than us. He said what has been written in multiple articles, that Tomlin has had his hands deep in this defense for some years now, so how do you fire Butler when Tomlin could have been calling the shots. Tomlin apologist wouldn't believe that if Tomlin came out and said so himself.
    Last edited by Shoes; 01-15-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Unfair!

The always opinionated BA (who never met a microphone he will not speak into at length) presumably did this for free

Speaking from afar, Arians doesn't like what's happening with the Steelers' All-Pro wide receiver."There's too much miscommunication, too much ... diva," Arians said Tuesday on The Adam Schefter Podcast. "I've heard so many stories -- I like Antonio -- he plays as hard as anybody on Sunday and he practices hard. He's just gotta make better decisions off the field, be on time, do some of those little things."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...sburgh-drafted

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The mess goes from the top to the bottom...
    Yeah. Call God.

Sorry. Couldn’t resist an ABism.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Unfair!

The always opinionated BA (who never met a microphone he will not speak into at length) presumably did this for free

Speaking from afar, Arians doesn't like what's happening with the Steelers' All-Pro wide receiver."There's too much miscommunication, too much ... diva," Arians said Tuesday on The Adam Schefter Podcast. "I've heard so many stories -- I like Antonio -- he plays as hard as anybody on Sunday and he practices hard. He's just gotta make better decisions off the field, be on time, do some of those little things."

of course Arians is going to side with Ben...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

my thoughts ....

while I think there is a lot of truth to much of what James says , I also believe there is some motivation ....

but the biggest thing is this ...

James has a lot to say for a guy who absolutely hated speaking to the media while he was a player ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Well, I think Harrison has more insight on the defense than us. He said what has been written in multiple articles, that Tomlin has had his hands deep in this defense for some years now, so how do you fire Butler when Tomlin could have been calling the shots. Tomlin apologist wouldn't believe that if Tomlin came out and said so himself.
    I think Ben is calling the defense and is doing so in a way that allows him to throw more from behind.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

my thoughts ....

while I think there is a lot of truth to much of what James says , I also believe there is some motivation ....

James has a lot to say for a guy who absolutely hated speaking to the media while he was a player ....
    Guy has to earn a paycheck one way or another.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Harrison was always a LeBeau guy. Don't think he's ever forgave Tomlin for firing him. And while I disagreed with the way Harrison was used before he was released last year I disagree more with the way Harrison acted while on the team, and the way he's been trying to knife Tomlin in the back ever since. So anything he says about Tomlin I take with a very large grain of salt.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Harrison is probably best suited to work with Bill Simmons talking about football, how much he hates the Steelers, and the participation trophy he got from the Patriots

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

A serious question. How does mush mouth Shannon Sharpe have a job on television? The man can't enunciate the simplest of sentences!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

my thoughts ....

This↑↑↑

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Unfair!

How can Arians speak like he has firsthand knowledge about a locker room that he hasn't been a part of in years?

Journalists will stick a microphone in anyone's face whether they truly know anything or not. Arians isn't shedding any light on anything.

You're friends with Ben?......alrighty then. Thanks for nothing.

He seems so much more believable when he wears a stylish cap.....

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    How can Arians speak like he has firsthand knowledge about a locker room that he hasn't been a part of in years?

Journalists will stick a microphone in anyone's face whether they truly know anything or not. Arians isn't shedding any light on anything.

You're friends with Ben?......alrighty then. Thanks for nothing.

He seems so much more believable when he wears a stylish cap.....
    He and Ben are still friends. I imagine Ben has probably told him most everything. I would wager his information is more current and accurate than the information all the network talking heads that are swilling from AB's trough are doling out.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

All I think of whenever I see or hear Harrison is that he was a 'bunghole'.....and actually took LESS money to play for the bungholes.....so, in other words the mentality of a bunghole player is nada. Just can't get rid of that cat smell. Just go away JH....you're done.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    He and Ben are still friends. I imagine Ben has probably told him most everything. I would wager his information is more current and accurate than the information all the network talking heads that are swilling from AB's trough are doling out.
    Oh, I understand that. My point is that he has ZERO firsthand knowledge. Whatever he knows, Ben most likely told him. He should have just not commented on it....but Bruce can't say no to getting attention.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Harrison was always a LeBeau guy. Don't think he's ever forgave Tomlin for firing him. And while I disagreed with the way Harrison was used before he was released last year I disagree more with the way Harrison acted while on the team, and the way he's been trying to knife Tomlin in the back ever since. So anything he says about Tomlin I take with a very large grain of salt.
    No question about the Harrison issues, but most of this mess is Tomlins for letting it fester over the years. There seems to be no sturcture, no guide lines for misconduct, very little accountable, everyone is not held to the same standard. On top of that there are no real leaders in the lockerroom.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

A serious question. How does mush mouth Shannon Sharpe have a job on television? The man can't enunciate the simplest of sentences!
    I call him marble mouth, but yeah mush mouth is right on target.

More and more and more of those type of broadcasters are showing up. You should, at the very least, be able to enunciate a sentence and get it grammatically correct.