Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R1 Picks For AB

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

R1 Picks For AB

Just for the heck of it who would you take if the Steelers received a R1 pick from the 49ers (pick 2)or the Jets (pick 3)?

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: R1 Picks For AB

Bosa if he was available, probably Josh Allen if not

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Too early to narrow to names but BPA.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Bosa if he was available, probably Josh Allen if not
    These two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Nick Bosa would be perfect. I’d play him at OLB.

But, he’ll be gone.

Quinnen Williams is insane (and probably a better “overall” player than Bosa), but I’m not sure how he fits into our D-line.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Just for the heck of it who would you take if the Steelers received a R1 pick from the 49ers (pick 2)or the Jets (pick 3)?
    I would absolutely try and trade back and perhaps turn that 2 or 3 pick into a top 10 this year and a1st rd pick next year ....

or at the very least trade back a couple and then trade back a couple more loading up on high 3rd round picks this year and still staying in the top 10 -12

I could then get my ILB I covet in the 1st ...

I could then trade my 1st and one of those 3rd round picks to move back up a bit and take my corner

and still have 1 or 2 extra 3rd rounders in my pocket
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

At the #2 or #3 pick there are too many options. Part of my brain says get that shutdown corner we have been talking about for 10 drafts now. Then another part of my brain says to take the top pass rusher available. Then I must consider if there is the next Urlacher/Timmons in this year’s class. But ultimately I look at the top QB prospects and I think I would have to choose between the best pure passer(Drew Lock) or the best athletic QB(Kyler Murray), or the QB that has some of both(Haskins). All this to say I don’t know who I would take at #2/#3 overall. At this time I would probably go QB though.
    Last edited by Born2Steel; 01-15-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

"A" first round pick.

There'd better be two.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    "A" first round pick.

There'd better be two.
    Right. #2 or #3 and #20

I listened to Dale Lolley this morning and he didn't think the Steelers would get a top 5 or 10 pick but could get a later R1 pick for AB. He also said he thinks they could get a high R2 & R4 and maybe a player like Courtland Sutton from the Broncos. He mentioned trying to pick up Chris Conley in the offseason from KC, who he said doesn't fit into their system since they have Watkins. Who knows maybe the Broncos and Steelers had more going on with the Munch move.
    Last edited by Shoes; 01-15-2019 at 01:54 PM.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If they do that deal and then transition Bell, I wouldn’t be opposed to that.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I think the best trade partner for us is still Arizona. If we could work out some deal for their pick plus one of their ILBs, I'd feel pretty ok about the whole thing. Or with Peterson, even better. Obviously there would likely have to be other components to such a trade, but we could work something out.

If we then signed Larry Fitzgerald on a short-term deal, it would be hilarious.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

No way they get a top 15 pick for Brown. The guys a known clubhouse cancer with a huge contract and over 30. Just rewatched the KC game from this September. Sulked his way through that one because Ju Ju was getting too many balls. When the Steelers scored their final TD to close to within 5 point, still with a chance if the defense makes a stop. every single Steeler celebrates Ben's TD scramble except 84. Anyway back to the point. If you're a GM or coach (unless you're Bellichick ) you really want this jerk blowing up your qb every time he doesn't get enough targets?

I think there's a good chance they wont even get a end of round 1st for him. I think a 2nd round pick is a distinct possibility.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zulater View Post
    No way they get a top 15 pick for Brown. The guys a known clubhouse cancer with a huge contract and over 30. Just rewatched the KC game from this September. Sulked his way through that one because Ju Ju was getting too many balls. When the Steelers scored their final TD to close to within 5 point, still with a chance if the defense makes a stop. every single Steeler celebrates Ben's TD scramble except 84. Anyway back to the point. If you're a GM or coach (unless you're Bellichick ) you really want this jerk blowing up your qb every time he doesn't get enough targets?

I think there's a good chance they wont even get a end of round 1st for him. I think a 2nd round pick is a distinct possibility.
    I agree, and since the 49ers have been mentioned I believe their 2nd round pick (34th overall) is the best we could hope for.

Not a trade thread. Rd1 picks for AB if ar#2 or #3. Who would you take there?

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    I agree, and since the 49ers have been mentioned I believe their 2nd round pick (34th overall) is the best we could hope for.
    Agreed. Maybe a throw in 4th or low level starter too, But I think it's pure fantasy to believe a team would give up an early 1 for a 31 year old player with such a high salary and so much additional baggage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Not a trade thread. Rd1 picks for AB if ar#2 or #3. Who would you take there?
    Sorry I don't speculate how I would spend a mythical lottery win.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."

Agreed. Maybe a throw in 4th or low level starter too, But I think it's pure fantasy to believe a team would give up an early 1 for a 31 year old player with such a high salary and so much additional baggage.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol ok. But you kinda just did with your first response post. Lol. There are already 3 trade threads going. Why turn this one into number4 is the point. Shoes asked who would you take with the hypothetical pick, not how would you conduct the hypothetical trade. See what we did there?

- - - Updated - - -

31 isn't what it used to be either...and AB isn't an average 31 year old WR. 32-35 used to be "old" for a QB and look at Tom Brady since 32...8 straight AFC Championship games. The WR age used to be 26-27 and then there was a sudden drop off but guys like T.O., Derrick Mason, JOey Galloway, Rice, Boldin, Welker, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson and a bunch of guys all had very successful seasons after 31. AB probably has 3-4 more super productive years before he declines into nothingness...maybe not if he leaves Pittsburgh.

In that case, why bother making a trade at all. Still think it's a higher chance that Brown comes around and carries you to championship contention, cancer and all, than a shitty draft pick does that. We still have all the leverage, no obligation to take a crappy trade like that.

On the other hand ... many of the bottom 10 teams tend to stay solidly in the bottom 10 for most of their existence, and front-office incompetence plays a large part in that. This year's bottom 10 is basically a who's-who list of poor decision making. The odds of fleecing one of those teams is pretty high.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

I think if you get a few teams that just need a bit of an edge to make a playoff run and they zero in on AB things could get real interesting. I still think he can muster a R1 pick. Two round one picks would be sweet.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I would absolutely try and trade back and perhaps turn that 2 or 3 pick into a top 10 this year and a1st rd pick next year ....

or at the very least trade back a couple and then trade back a couple more loading up on high 3rd round picks this year and still staying in the top 10 -12

I could then get my ILB I covet in the 1st ...

I could then trade my 1st and one of those 3rd round picks to move back up a bit and take my corner

and still have 1 or 2 extra 3rd rounders in my pocket
    That is logical.

The problem is: this year, there is no franchise QB that teams are desperate to trade up for.

What the plan when the offense comes out and plays like they did during Week 17 against Cincinnati?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What the plan when the offense comes out and plays like they did during Week 17 against Cincinnati?
    Fire Tomlin!

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Contract won’t be that high for any team that trades for him. 39 mil over 3 years is a steal. Steelers will have to eat the 21 million that’s already guaranteed. His current contract is probably the main reason teams will be bidding for him, and in my opinion against one another pushing up the value of the compensation the Steelers should get.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    A: run the ball

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

I listened to Dale Lolley this morning and he didn't think the Steelers would get a top 5 or 10 pick but could get a later R1 pick for AB. He also said he thinks they could get a high R2 & R4 and maybe a player like Courtland Sutton from the Broncos. He mentioned trying to pick up Chris Conley in the off-season from KC, who he said doesn't fit into their system since they have Watkins. Who knows maybe the Broncos and Steelers had more going on with the Munch move.
    Brown + Steelers 1st pick and 3rd round for the 49ers 1st round spot.

I really don't think any team will give up a 1st rounder for Brown, at least not one before the 20th pick.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Hound is a jewel in the rough">

Not only do I think a team will give up a first rounder, I think a player or a later round draft pick will be had. Steelers don’t have to trade him!

- - - Updated - - -

I would never give up brown our first and a third for a top five draft pick. That’s sounds like a Gruden deal

With the WR class this year AB is not worth a 1st or at least not a top20 pick, IMO. BUT, if we did make that trade it would have to cost AB plus pick 20. The top5 pick is the more valuable position. It would not gain us an additional pick or a pick and a player to move up that far. If we want a pick and a player would most likely be a 2nd/3rd round pick depending on the level of the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    With the WR class this year AB is not worth a 1st or at least not a top20 pick, IMO. BUT, if we did make that trade it would have to cost AB plus pick 20. The top5 pick is the more valuable position. It would not gain us an additional pick or a pick and a player to move up that far. If we want a pick and a player would most likely be a 2nd/3rd round pick depending on the level of the player.

Should be interesting because everything will have to happen in a few days. I don't think they can trade him until March 14th and on March 17th AB is due his 2.5 mil roster bonus, so the Steelers will have about 3 days to move him. I think there will be a few teams interested in AB, I mean granted he is 31 years old but he hasn't lost a step, is very productive and has been very dependable on the injury side. On top of that those teams will be getting the best WR in the NFL for 12 mil.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Should be interesting because everything will have to happen in a few days. I don't think they can trade him until March 14th and on March 17th AB is due his 2.5 mil roster bonus, so the Steelers will have about 3 days to move him. I think there will be a few teams interested in AB, I mean granted he is 31 years old but he hasn't lost a step, is very productive and has been very dependable on the injury side. On top of that those teams will be getting the best WR in the NFL for 12 mil.
    Trades can be negotiated before that date, just not become official by the league office until then.