Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos Hire Mike Munchak To Be New OL Coach

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Report: Broncos Hire Mike Munchak To Be New OL Coach

No surprise. Maybe we can get Ace Bicknell back. Starrett doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies either.

Some news you definitely didn’t want to hear today. The Denver Broncos have reportedly hired Mike Munchak to be their new offensive line coach, according to this report from Mike Klis.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/re...-new-ol-coach/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Report: Broncos Hire Mike Munchak To Be New OL Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post

Some news you definitely didn’t want to hear today. The Denver Broncos have reportedly hired Mike Munchak to be their new offensive line coach, according to this report from Mike Klis.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/01/re...-new-ol-coach/
    Pretty much in line with how the off-season is going...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

If there's a silver lining in this little shit sandwich, at least it's not the HC job, where he could have easily stolen this guy.

Shaun Sarrett, come on down!!!
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

No higher than 9 wins in 2019.

That said, best of luck to Munchak. I wish him all the best. He deserves better.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    No higher than 9 wins in 2019.

That said, best of luck to Munchak. I wish him all the best. He deserves better.
    Is that 9 before AB is traded or do you have him gone already?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Munch wanted to be closer to his family, can't blame him at all. I wish him nothing but the very best!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

There goes the team's last remaining coach that was any good. Another fine job by Tomlin

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    If there's a silver lining in this little shit sandwich, at least it's not the HC job, where he could have easily stolen this guy.

Shaun Sarrett, come on down!!!
    Starrett doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. The Steelers should look outside before picking Starrett imo.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Munch wanted to be closer to his family, can't blame him at all. I wish him nothing but the very best!
    Exactly. Too many people will overlook this.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

and everyone was saying he had more family in Pittsburgh. I do wish him all the best, great guy and coach.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Great point. Steelers never had a chance in this negotiation. Family was involved and Denver kicked Kubiak to the curb so that Munch could be hired. Elway got his man. Hope it works out well for all involved.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

and everyone was saying he had more family in Pittsburgh. I do wish him all the best, great guy and coach.
    That's what I assumed when (and why) he came here.

Scranton born.

Penn State alum.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    That's what I assumed when (and why) he came here.

Scranton born.

Penn State alum.
    someone said he had 6 sons in Pittsburgh? Doesn't matter, he's gone.

someone said he had 6 sons in Pittsburgh? Doesn't matter, he's gone.
    That's not Philip Rivers level.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

sucks that we lose him to a lateral position. I get the family stuff, but kind of telling also.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

F the Broncos!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

*Sigh* Not surprising that he made a lateral move to escape the dysfunction that is the Mike Tomlin circus.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    sucks that we lose him to a lateral position. I get the family stuff, but kind of telling also.
    at the very least it tells us that Denver made an offer that he liked better
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

I don't follow Much's family situation and total speculation but if he has new grand babies in Denver he'd work for free just to be close. Sons are great (we are pretty awesome) but we eventually get ugly, stinky, and hairy. By then no one wants to be around us
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I don't follow Much's family situation and total speculation but if he has new grand babies in Denver he'd work for free just to be close. Sons are great (we are pretty awesome) but we eventually get ugly, stinky, and hairy. By then no one wants to be around us

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Starrett doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. The Steelers should look outside before picking Starrett imo.
    I'm with you. I would rather they looked at somebody with a lot more experience than Sarrett, or somebody that has played and coached O line in the NFL.

-Ray Brown, played 20 years in the NFL and has coached at Arizona and Carolina recently on the O line
    -Hank Fraley, the long time Eagles O lineman who was recently an O line asst coach in Detroit
    - Marc Columbo, former Cowboys O lineman and Cowboys O line coach

I like the idea of the first 2 personally.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    at the very least it tells us that Denver made an offer that he liked better
    Doubtful it was money

Denver is as screwed up in its own way as the Steelers with Elway firing coaches and thrashing about for a QB post-Peyton. Two weeks ago Elway would not let other teams interview Kubiak for OC then does not hire Kubiak as OC because Kubiak wanted to bring back some of his former assistants - seems that could have been figured out before last week

For whatever reason Munchak wanted to leave - being near his granddaughter is as plausible a reason as any other

Beneficiary of this may be Marcus Gilbert if the Steelers do not want to replace both Foster and Gilbert with a new OL coach coming on board, particularly if the long term plan at RT is to play Okorafor

Sarrett it is.

http://twitter.com/EdBouchette/statu...38771227906048

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I'm with you. I would rather they looked at somebody with a lot more experience than Sarrett, or somebody that has played and coached O line in the NFL.

-Ray Brown, played 20 years in the NFL and has coached at Arizona and Carolina recently on the O line
    -Hank Fraley, the long time Eagles O lineman who was recently an O line asst coach in Detroit
    - Marc Columbo, former Cowboys O lineman and Cowboys O line coach

I like the idea of the first 2 personally.
    Bluecoat96 beat me to it

Another internal promotion

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Doubtful it was money

Denver is as screwed up in its own way as the Steelers with Elway firing coaches and thrashing about for a QB post-Peyton. Two weeks ago Elway would not let other teams interview Kubiak for OC then does not hire Kubiak as OC because Kubiak wanted to bring back some of his former assistants - seems that could have been figured out before last week

For whatever reason Munchak wanted to leave - being near his granddaughter is as plausible a reason as any other

Beneficiary of this may be Marcus Gilbert if the Steelers do not want to replace both Foster and Gilbert with a new OL coach coming on board, particularly if the long term plan at RT is to play Okorafor
    I kinda made the leap that Foster, Gilbert, Finney, and Feiler are now potentially problematic resignings. How much do they like playing for Munch and how much does Munch like coaching them? I guess we will find out at the start of the league year!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

He worked with the o-line as much as Munchak did. I like him.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh